26 Buzz Bingo Clubs Close Including Hereford

Hereford Voice

Buzz Bingo (formally Gala Bingo) in Berrington Street Hereford to remain CLOSED.

220px-Buzzbingologo.png.acda3b72f2772a170bdeff4f18593a94.png

In a statement on their Facebook page CEO Chris Matthews wrote: 

Dear Buzz Bingo member,

I hope that you have been keeping well over the last few months, we’ve really missed seeing you at our clubs.

While we are planning the phased reopening of our clubs from 6th August, as many of you will understand, with our clubs closed since 21st March, Coronavirus has had a significant impact on our business and on the entire leisure and hospitality industry. We have therefore had to make some difficult decisions about how we move forward and ensure that we protect the future of Buzz Bingo.

It is, therefore, with sadness that I need to share with you that 26 of our clubs will not reopen, and will close permanently in a proposed restructure of our retail business. The full list of club closures is below;

Chatham, Salford, Salisbury, Antelope Park, Banbury, Boston, Bournemouth, Bridlington, Carlisle, Chorley, Cramlington, Derby Foresters, Edinburgh Westerhailes, Harpurhey, Hereford, Kilmarnock, Milton Keynes, Oxford Kassam, Stockland Green, Tamworth, Wednesbury, Weymouth, Wigan Robin Park, Wolverhampton, Worcester, Wythenshawe. 

Our Buzz Bingo community means the world to us, and we know how disappointing this news will be – especially for those of our customers who are losing their local club, and of course, our colleagues – we know that we are more than just a club, we are part of your community, and for that, I am really sorry.

We could never have expected this outcome when we closed our doors on 21st March, but the coronavirus crisis is a completely one-off event. The decision to restructure our club portfolio is the right way to secure our long-term future and make sure that we can still bring bingo to our customers in the majority of our clubs around the country and online at buzzbingo.com.

We are reopening 12 clubs on 6th August and the rest of our clubs will be reopening in the coming weeks, and, of course, our online bingo and slots are open to all at buzzbingo.com. I really hope that you will continue to enjoy playing with us.

If you have any questions, we have put together a Q&A below that we hope you will find helpful. You can contact our Customer Service team between 10am and 10pm by email support@buzzbingo.com, or you can reach us via Live Chat on buzzbingo.com. Thank you so much for your continued loyalty, support and understanding.

Keep safe.
Chris

Chris Matthews
CEO of Buzz Bingo

Why is Buzz Bingo closing clubs?

Coronavirus has had a significant impact on our business and on the entire leisure and hospitality industry.

Following government advice, we temporarily closed all clubs from 21st March, meaning we have been unable to generate any revenues from our retail business, and day to day operations have been severely affected.

The affects will be felt for many months to come, so we have had to make some difficult decisions about how we move forward and ensure a sustainable future for Buzz Bingo.

Our Buzz Bingo community means the world to us, and we know how disappointing this news will be – especially for those of our customers who are losing their local club, and of course, our colleagues from those clubs.

The decision to restructure our club portfolio is the right way to secure our long-term future and make sure that we can still bring bingo to our customers in the majority of our clubs around the country and online at buzzbingo.com.

We are reopening 12 clubs on 6th August with more to come and, of course, our online bingo and slots are open to all at buzzbingo.com.

I have credit on my account and my club is closing – will I get it back? How?

Absolutely. Any customers with credit on their account should contact customer services who will organise a refund for you.

Contact our Customer Service team between 10am and 10pm by email at support@buzzbingo.com, or you can chat to one of our Live Chat Stars at buzzbingo.com.

How do I contact you?

Contact our Customer Service team between 10am and 10pm by email support@buzzbingo.com, or you can reach us via Live Chat on buzzbingo.com.