Calling time on inflated golden goodbyes. We shall see.....?

WirralPC

Kris Hopkins made a statement in Parliament towards the end of last month which promises much...

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/local-government-update--2

Although he's waffling on about 'disciplinary allegations against Chief Execs' I believe the anonymous council he's referring to which cost £420,000 to adjudicate using a DIP (not stick) may be one that's not unadjacent to where I live.

The officers involved in this farce were:

David Green (Tried and failed to sack me for 'bullying and harassment' in 2003) - £103,000 (wife Sue received £205,000 from a Wirral Hospital Trust)

David Taylor Smith (Man of mystery, with a sideline in saving endangered species - until he became one himself) - £68,660

Ian Coleman (Finance boss who seemed uncomfortably close to 'independent' investigator Anna Klonowski Associates) - £86,000

Bill Norman (Least said the better) - £151,000

Richard Penn (A man who defends senior council officers in trouble - but on this occasion, was called in to "investigate" senior council officers in trouble - natch) - £47,000

Total = £455,660

Yes, Mr Hopkins.  Looks like you knocked off the £5,000 that we paid for Bill Norman's legal expenses.  You were referring to Wirral weren't you?  It's just that you're 30 grand short for some reason.

Anyway, let's hope next time Mr Norman gets found out like he was on Torbay / Wirral and has to move on, he will be getting grilled, turned over, and grilled again by the 'finest' and 'best' councillors that Herefordshire County Council can muster.

And here's hoping this means he won't be getting presented with a silver salver loaded down with recycled council tax dosh belonging to Hereford's embattled and embittered Joe Public.

https://twitter.com/Wirral_In_It/status/590522144733429760

Anyway, let's hope next time Mr Norman gets found out like he was on Torbay / Wirral and has to move on, he will be getting grilled, turned over, and grilled again by the 'finest' and 'best' councillors that Herefordshire County Council can muster.

And here's hoping this means he won't be getting presented with a silver salver loaded down with recycled council tax dosh belonging to Hereford's embattled and embittered Joe Public.

Gratifying though it would be to see the third  rate Mr Burns impersonator given his P45 and told to “do one†with no travelling money, I wouldn't get my hopes up. This is an authority that routinely pays off its senior officers regardless of how egregious their wrongdoing. Locals will remember the Crookall report and the former head of ICT who regularly got boozed up with her flunkies on the public purse. There was a cast iron case for dismissal due to gross misconduct but the Council let her go quietly with a sizeable wad of hush money.

The precedents aren't good I'm afraid.