📣 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗗 𝗡𝗘𝗪𝗦 | ⚽️ John Layton to become Former Players’ Association Ambassador.

Hereford FC have confirmed that John Layton, who made over 200 playing appearances for The Bulls, as well as holding the positions of first team manager, assistant manager and youth team manager, has stepped into an ambassadorial role for the newly established Hereford United & Hereford FC Former Players’ Association.

With a career deeply intertwined with the club’s rich history, Layton’s appointment aims to help bring together former players of both Hereford United and Hereford FC.

cJohn_Layton_Manager.jpg.e020a2f69af65957caea1b60a46185a5.jpg
Photo courtesy of Hereford FC

Layton, who still lives in the City, and whose father also played for Hereford United, expressed his enthusiasm for the position, “Hereford United holds a special place in my heart, and I am honoured to take on this role,” Layton said. “The history of Hereford United and Hereford FC is inextricably combined and both clubs’ legacies are not just about victories on the pitch, but about the bonds formed and the memories shared amongst players, staff and fans.”

Layton is excited by the prospect of connecting past-players with the fans “It will be great to get former players involved with the supporters whenever possible” he said.

Layton’s illustrious career at Hereford United spans decades, and is marked by stellar performances both as a player. His deep understanding of the club’s history, ethos and its impact on players’ lives uniquely positions him to spearhead the association’s initiatives. “I’ve experienced firsthand the impact this club can have on individuals,” Layton reflected. “It’s more than just a team; it’s a community. And I want every former player to know that they are an integral part of that community.”

One of Layton’s primary objectives in his new role is to help establish a support network for former players, ensuring they have a warm welcome when returning to Edgar Street.

“There’s nothing quite like the feeling of stepping onto the hallowed turf at Edgar Street,” Layton said. “It’s where dreams are born and memories are made. I look forward to sharing those moments with my fellow former players and reliving the glory days together.”

Hereford FC General Manager, Jamie Griffiths said: “John has a fantastic association with The Bulls that stretches back over the decades, having played and managed Hereford United.

“John has remained a regular attendee at Edgar Street over recent seasons and he was an obvious choice when we were looking to get someone on board. I have no doubt that his involvement will really help the Former Players’ Association to flourish and I’d like to thank him for agreeing to give his time and experience to the club once more.”

Full story https://hfd.news/16piQ