JESSE NORMAN COMMENTS ON HIS ELECTION TO THE DEFENCE SELECT COMMITTEE

Hereford Voice

Local MP Jesse Norman has welcomed his election last week by fellow MPs to the House of Commons Defence Select Committee.

jesse-norman.jpg.640db9fd7e6d23723eeb5e2cbd16f0a3.thumb.jpg.cd46e7b4d5c7207a753bbe76d3e2deaf.jpg

Commenting, he said:

"It is a great honour to have been elected by my colleagues to the Committee.

"When I left the government three weeks ago it was in part so that I could speak louder in public on the things that matter most to my constituents. There is nothing that matters more than our national defence, and especially in Herefordshire, which has a glorious tradition of commitment to and support of our armed forces.

"The Defence Committee is already making a significant impact by pressing the government to do more in areas such as military readiness, the welfare and training of the armed forces, procurement and the nature of future warfare.

"I will hope to draw on my own experience, especially in technology, in supporting and extending the committee's work in future, for the benefit of our county and our country."