Man Arrested Following Rape In Hereford.

Hereford Voice

A man has been arrested following a rape which took place at around 12.30pm today in the male toilets at Castle Green in Hereford.

Castle_Green_public_toilets_Hereford_-_geograph_org.uk_-_3102282.jpg.c0e8d7cc7f35b2ed1483d54433422512.jpg

Following on from our article earlier HERE

Officers responded to the report immediately and an extensive search of the area was undertaken to locate the suspect. As a result of the search a 50-year-old man has been arrested this evening on suspicion of rape, and he remains in police custody.

The toilets remain cordoned off while the investigation continues.

Detective Inspector Catherine Taylor, said: “I know that incidents of rape and sexual assault can be alarming for the local community, especially when there is a large police presence like there was today. I hope that the swift arrest of the suspect in this case provides some reassurance that we take reports of this nature incredibly seriously.

“I’d like to thank the public for their patience and understanding while we carried out our searches this afternoon. You may see an increased police presence in the area this evening and overnight, and I’d urge anyone with any concerns to speak to an officer.”