Three Counties Hotel - Additional Statement from MP Jesse Norman

Hereford Voice

"I am keenly aware of the plans to use a hotel in Hereford to house Asylum Seekers. I have issued a public statement on matter which is included below.

273050141_355918359687560_7622122969754310072_n.thumb.jpg.8c2dc19dfbb212c8a686d29cc793f6dc.jpg

Jesse Norman said:

"I have been made aware of correspondence between the Home Office and Herefordshire Council regarding the potential location of asylum seekers in Hereford. I have requested an urgent meeting with the Immigration Minister so that all the facts can be established.

“There is a national need to address this important issue, and Herefordians will naturally want to play their part. But there are also real concerns about the extra pressure which this could create on local services which are already stretched.

"Herefordshire Council is currently under review by an independent Commissioner in relation to Children's Services; the Hospital remains under huge pressure in A & E; access to GP and dental care is limited at present.

"It is essential that these fragile but crucial public services should not be further burdened."

This additional statement follows the previous statement that we received and published and also in direct response to our 'Breaking News' article on Friday regarding the Three Counties Hotel https://bit.ly/hc3chotel