Asda Petrol Station

Robert Preece

post-109-0-42216700-1430984929.jpg

Just had an email from planning regarding a new application for a petrol station at Asda, the plan is on the Council site. I will no longer be a Councillor when this comes to planning but if my wife gets elected to the City Council she will do a walk about in the Ward to hear what your opinions are.
Bob.

I looked at this last time Bob and could not see any real reason for objecting. You can find the original discussion here. The original application was back in 2012.

The traffic using it will either be existing Asda customers or traffic passing, so I do not think there will be any additional traffic because there happens to be a new garage on site. I think there were only a couple of objections but this land was originally going to be used for housing/flats anyway.

Will this still be unmanned or manned?

Sainsburys have had a Petrol,Station for years without any apparent problem . As already stated the suggestion is that the majority of customers would have also been shopping at the Store so one must presume that any extra traffic will be minimal .

It's cheaper fuel so the traffic is going to be horrendous,also the lights coming out of Asda only let a couple of cars out at a time.Imagine what the queues would be like they would need to change the road layout.

I'm sure the timing of lights has been tweaked as the last couple of times I have visited they were on much longer than usual

It's cheaper fuel so the traffic is going to be horrendous,also the lights coming out of Asda only let a couple of cars out at a time.Imagine what the queues would be like they would need to change the road layout.

I don't agree, people will not be flocking here to save a penny or two, like Tesco and Sainsbury's it will just be traffic that is already passing by or Asda customers will use it for convenience. You may get the odd extra car but I would think it will make no difference, in fact in may encourage the Ha to sort out that appalling cockup of a junction! Turn it back into a proper roundabout!

I was there yesterday .... The lights out of Asda very often only let 8/9 cars out per lane. But yesterday, admittedly, all cars got out ~ when I was there. Traffic is very finely balanced at that roundabout and we all know it's a nightmare .... Next week you won't escape the leisure pool car park as the May Fair is here so remember that! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The light phase out of Asda car park onto the A49 only allows out about 7 cars per lane. That's ok at normal times (just) but I'm not convinced it might remain that way if a garage was on site also. 

They will open up the slip road to nowhere on the left, besides I do not anticipate extra cars because of an unmanned garage on site. 

The lights are now on for longer and have been for a while.

I doubt they will be any cheaper than the garage on Ross Road