Who is responsible for tree cutting?

Slim

This is my first foray into asking you good people, who do I complain to; and is it worth it.  I work in Ledbury, and, on occasions, I bike ride from home(Bobblestock) to catch the train there and back instead of using the car. Kills me, but at least I can have a beer the night before and have no fear of our illustrious Police Service/Force pulling me over. My gripe is as I ride through Widemarsh Common and out onto Prior Street, who is responsible for cutting back the overhanging tree branches. Has this service gone the way of the grass cutting, or been forgotten entirely, as it is a slalom at 0600 to avoid trees, pedestrians and other riders going the opposite way.  Your help, acerbic comments and general lampooning is appreciated, and expected.

Thank you Biomech for reminding me of the glass. All over the place. The "road" was surfaced from the Common to the new pedestrian crossing, but not from the junction of Grandstand Road to the flats and the Children's Centre, or apparently, the Jehovah's Witness Centre who know that a divine being will make the potholes disappear and we will all live happily ever after.

The council are extremely good at removing trees we would like to keep, particularly Lime Trees, but not quite so adept at trimming those that have gone wild!

Many folks also have enormous bushes/shrubs/trees in their front gardens, that are so overgrown it's difficult to see street sign names, and you often have to step off the pavement into the road to negotiate your way around them!

Slim are you sure that the weaving you do on your bike in the morning is not the result of your consumption of alcohol from the night before?

But I do see your problem especially from slappy overgrown branches very nasty if some fellow cyclist in front should push a branch out of there way while cycling through the out of control greenery only for it to spring back & inadvertently slap you in the face hence knocking you of your bike & instead of going to work you would then have to spend the rest of the day in A&E!!!

In fairness it was not the Council who cut down the lime trees in Edgar Street

If I recall correctly, it was, during a secret meeting despite the HA specifically stating that it wasn't necessary as part of their work.

I'm sure someone like Millililiiggalamand, who likes digging through archives :), will have the relevant source.

There were many meetings at Plough Lane - one in particular springs to mind, when Councillor Price made his now infamous "I don't give a sh*t" comment.

They were all so busy trying to pass the buck......they were hoping we wouldn't be able to see the wood for the trees......