Sign in to follow this  
Hereford Voice

Freedom of Information Request 'Jalsagor Restaurant' Food Hygiene Inspection

Following on from the recent 'food hygiene rating of zero' at the Jalsagor Indian Restaurant in St Owen St Hereford. We placed a request for a copy of the officers report under the freedom of information act. Herefordshire Council's response as follows:

Dear Sir,

FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT REQUEST

Further to previous correspondence, your request for information has now been considered and the council’s response is set out below:

Q1 Following on from the latest food hygiene inspection at the:

Jalsagor Indian Restaurant
60 St Owen Street
Hereford
HR1 2PU

Date of inspection: 12 August 2019 Hereford

A. Please find attached a copy of the inspection report. 

We have considered the public interest in releasing this information, and have found the balance in favour of disclosure. The public have a right to know the state and safety of food establishments that they may choose to use and release of this type of information into the public domain provides further impetus to food establishments to increase their compliance with legislation that seeks to protect the public, outweighing the reputational risk to the establishment caused by disclosure. 

Please note that the covering letter to the report contains the names and contact details of third parties which we consider constitutes their personal data as defined by the Data Protection Act 2018. We have therefore redacted that information under Section 40(2) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Please take this letter as a refusal notice under S17 of the Act for this part of your request. 

Full Report attached:

R - GKE00359.pdf

Omg, I ate their once and after reading this little lot I will NOT be eating food from there ever again.

Thank you Hereford Voice for making this request and allowing the public to read the officers report in full. I can now remove this restaurant from my list, I much prefer to go to the Glass Tandoori every time anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

I went past it at about 6.45pm this evening and it was completely empty. Stands to reason if they have employed illegal immigrants they are unlikely to have their food hygiene certificates, but this level of filth is unforgivable. They've abused the system for long enough - time to go (which they will pretty soon if no one goes there).

• Like 2

On 24/09/2019 at 20:52, twowheelsgood said:

I went past it at about 6.45pm this evening and it was completely empty. Stands to reason if they have employed illegal immigrants they are unlikely to have their food hygiene certificates, but this level of filth is unforgivable. They've abused the system for long enough - time to go (which they will pretty soon if no one goes there).

Not surprising  

I love curry like the next person BUT people please be aware that there is a shortage of tandoori chefs in the UK.

Traditionally teachings have been passed down the family but because the UK is now so diverse Indian children don't want to work in the family restaurant anymore and are going into other industries so they can have a social life and well as different lifestyles to their parents.

This is why there is so many restaurants risking breaking the law to keep restaurants open.

BUT that is no excuse to poor hygiene or poor quality food and how it is stored.