SON OF GRIDKNOCKER

FORTHCOMING PM ELECTION

Well, folks, seems it will soon be time to focus on the Leadership election, as Mrs May has now indicated that she’ll be jumping ship in June. Let’s not go into the boring detail of who the aspirants for this lucrative job are, save to point out that the casting votes in the second round of the contest (the first round is restricted to the 330 serving Conservative MPs in the Commons) are vested only in paid-up members of the Conservative & Unionist Party of the UK. And at the last count there were a mere 125,000 of them – mostly with Bus Passes and many with limited life expectancy.

Against a UK population of just over 66 million. So the next British Prime Minister will be elected by just under 2% of the population. Does that sound fair to you?

ANYONE BUT BORIS

The time has come for politics to be taught correctly in UK schools,  so that young people feel engaged and understand the importance of their role in society. Of course the Cons do not want that to happen, they want the elite taught at Eton and the banking mogul's to carry on keeping the 'riff raff' at the bottom of the pile. The Tory right wing press rail against Corbyn with real venom where is the balance. The Brexit party are ruling the BBC airwaves, once again no balance.

The dinosaur parties of left and right are broken.

I will leave you with this thought 75% of Americans believe it is wrong that the Arabic numbering system is taught in US schools.

As long as it is a BREXITEER, not someone like Theresa May, In my opinion she SHOULD NEVER  just walk in to the job of Prime Minister, there should of been an General Election to chose the PM, and definitely not a Remainer to negotiate our coming out of the European Union. The people spoke in June 2016 to Leave, well lets just get on with it!!!

Just to point out and this is the problem with the UKs voting system. If 100 people were in a room only 37 voted for Brexit.

The problem is this and my Polish and Portuguese friends agree. The European Economic Community turned into a Federal Government headed up by Germany and France.

No good will come of this Vanity project caused by Cameron to try and save the arse of the Tories. British politics is now broken with the Left and Right split into many factions.

'So the next British Prime Minister will be elected by just under 2% of the population.' ~ The method for selecting the Tory Leader is up to the Tory Party. I'm not a Member so I don't have a vote. If people don't want a Tory Prime Minister then don't vote Tory in 2022. 

Regardless of ones political affiliations, it is bad enough to have one Prime Minister walking into the job without any sort of public mandate, but it looks ominously like history will be repeating itself again in 2019.

ANYONE BUT BORIS

• Thumbs Up 1

Who is the least worst Candidate standing for South Hereford in the next General Election? Too early to say. The Election may be called earlier as well. I agree with the FPTP electoral system but it is heavily skewed against Candidates without cash. 

Well at last Theresa May has RESIGHNED this morning, not by her choice she met the chairman of the 1922 committee, and he said the other day  she would be gone on Friday. Now let see who going to put their name forward for real!!