Jump to content
Denise Lloyd

Local Elections 2019

Recommended Posts

Had one Candidate knocking at my door so far (College Ward). Brian Wilcox. I told him he was not getting my vote under any circumstances. I think his visit was on, or about, 15.04.19. He turns up every four years in my street! I also told him that I thought he would get elected. We agreed to disagree over the topics I wanted to discuss! I mainly wanted to talk about the Tories failing to deliver Brexit (off topic) and the Blueschool Street overspend fiasco. I may very well abstain from the Local Elections myself. No independent candidate has bothered to speak to me in person. Labour is obviously a no go area for a vote because the Candidate is running under a National Leader who is a Marxist lunatic. A total Danger to the UK. 

Edited by Roger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, twowheelsgood said:

What was his defence of the Blueschool Street overspend fiasco or did he hide behind some spurious excuse?

He was very 'Political' in his exchange. Entirely pleasant. But devoid of substance. Other than his support for the pseudo 'relief' bypass which is really an access road for a shed load of houses that will clog up the City even more. My ears were virtually turned off anyway. He was back in my street last night (Wednesday). Trying to catch, I suppose, people who never answered the door last time he did his 'foray' into the small area he represents ..... I'm sure he drags himself out very reluctantly to try and get his votes'. But he is up against people who are toxic (UKIP + Labour) or unknowns. So he will cruise in again I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't in but Wilcox knocked at our door spoke to my partner. He also spoke about the bypass to her , changed subject to bypass from what she wanted to talk about. I wish I had been here to let him know his precious bypass is only going ahead due to the parcels of development land coming available when it goes ahead thus more earnings for local council. No use talking about Brexit as it is a national disaster not a local one even so I would have let him know his party are not fit for purpose .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, atm63 said:

I wasn't in but Wilcox knocked at our door spoke to my partner. He also spoke about the bypass to her , changed subject to bypass from what she wanted to talk about. I wish I had been here to let him know his precious bypass is only going ahead due to the parcels of development land coming available when it goes ahead thus more earnings for local council. No use talking about Brexit as it is a national disaster not a local one even so I would have let him know his party are not fit for purpose .

I spoke to Brian about Brexit as it was on my mind. Not a local issue at all. He wanted to promote the house building at Kings Acre. Which is nothing to do with the foot long grass already evident in his Ward! Neglected! Rather like the Blueschool Street budget! Luckily I have denied myself an opportunity to vote! I never do postal voting and can't make the polling station for the vote ~ I'll be on a bus returning from Gatwick Airport ~ having obviously been in Barcelona! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All a bit sad really , promoting more opportunities to tax the people . Oh it is dire t b h

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one has had leaflets  from Cons or Lib Dems on Newton Farm they are cutting it fine. The only person I have spoken to is the Labour candidate I saw her last week when I was canvassing, I ask her about her address she said her agent made that mistake, but she also said she doesn't think she get in. Considering she is an opponent she very nice to speak to. While I was knocking doors a lot of people showed me that they put the independent paperwork in the recycling bin, they said any recommendation from Cllr Edwards would go in the bin, one was using his leaflet to rest their coffee cup on. The thing going against Bernard Hunt is he lives in Bromyard, I am standing for the Democrats & Veterans party this time, they want to get our democracy back and leave the EU straight away, they are for the people, and I like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leaflets dropped from Ukip (binned) and Greens ( I read it) and if I vote would probably vote Green just as a snub for the Tory . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there no Cons, LD or IOC standing for southside? We need some young blood in our area, not those that are retired from retirement! We need action now not words of what has been done! That's great but that was then, this is now.

Someone who is not afraid to tread on toes and upset the applecart. See the community for what it is, what is required and actually live in the community but also gets around it. (Like me - but with two kids, wife, dog, full-time job, university and clubs etc I've no time to give - family comes first).

Personally I believe that the majority of Herefordshire problems stem not from central government but internally at Herefordshire Council itself, the corruption, backhanders, the cloak and dagger secret meetings and failure to listen to the public. It's all about cutting spends for public useage buildings etc. and lining their own pockets instead; then when the sh@t his the fan they just walk away, no questions asked and no accountability.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reside in the Queenswood Ward north of Hereford. At the previous Election we had a new Independant Cllr elected . Cllr. Pauline Crocket , I have contacted her a few times over the years and to my mind she had answered / reacted to every query / question I have put to her . Over  the last few weeks she had walked her quite large patch door knocking and putting her information through doors .

Her rival , if that's the correct word is a Con. residing in Ledbury , 20 miles away , no contact , nothing through our letter boxes , he is probably trying to work out the area he is standing for and how to get here ! 

Cllr Pauline Crocket ( Ind) has our Postsl vote already .

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had leaflets from only two candidates so far Diane Toynbee & Sharon Michael

as it stands I will not be voting as I can’t vote for no con tricksters,Lib Dem’s I will not even entertain them, the greens are a anti Brexit party so they too have got no chance of gaining my vote,Sharon Michael ind not sure of her Brexit stance? as I could not be bothered to even read her leaflet...as the way I feel about politicians at present is not printable!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dilligaf. Yes there is a Con and Lib Dem no IOC other than for city he lives in Belmont. Lib Dems just started their leaflet drop, just had a phone call to tell me, but I haven't received it. I have been told she no longer lives in Newton Farm but Belmont whether that true or not I don't know.

Colin will you allow me to say the following on my own behalf: the HT report that I have a criminal record is untrue, the case brought against me by Amanda Smith was not proved simply because I was not in Hereford at the time, and it was proved, also the compensation of £3.887.36 WAS NOT ALLOWED BY THE COURT! I did not change my plea to guilty the solicitor did that without my permission, it is now in the hands of the police commission , I made a complain and it was accepted. thank you Colin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I have spoken to more people that have said they are not voting than ones that are voting. I will vote purely and simply in an attempt to get the Cons out of Hereford - time for a change. I will never forgive them for selling the Council farms and many other sins they have committed.

Cambo the likes of John Harrington have put so much effort into this campaign and by not voting you are giving your vote to the Cons. With this apathy we are going to get the Cons back in!

Think more local than national at this present moment in time!

Having preached about voting I will  definitely not be voting in the EU elections

Edited by Denise Lloyd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cambo said:

Had leaflets from only two candidates so far Diane Toynbee & Sharon Michael

as it stands I will not be voting as I can’t vote for no con tricksters,Lib Dem’s I will not even entertain them, the greens are a anti Brexit party so they too have got no chance of gaining my vote,Sharon Michael ind not sure of her Brexit stance? as I could not be bothered to even read her leaflet...as the way I feel about politicians at present is not printable!

Come on Cambo what has Brexit got to do with local Council elections?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom Smith, to answer your question, I have found a lot of people have said on NF, to candidates about Brexit, if you don't support Brexit your not getting my vote, that said on my leaflet you will see I do support Brexit, also resident have shown me where they have put the leaflets from various candidates in the bin. I do believe and have done for many years that candidates should live in the ward they are standing for. There is so much apathy in these local elections this time round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Denise Lloyd said:

I think I have spoken to more people that have said they are not voting than ones that are voting. I will vote purely and simply in an attempt to get the Cons out of Hereford - time for a change. I will never forgive them for selling the Council farms and many other sins they have committed.

Cambo the likes of John Harrington have put so much effort into this campaign and by not voting you are giving your vote to the Cons. With this apathy we are going to get the Cons back in!

Think more local than national at this present moment in time!

Having preached about voting I will  definitely not be voting in the EU elections

'Having preached about voting I will  definitely not be voting in the EU elections' ~ obvious hypocrisy! In the EU Elections you should be voting for the 'Leave' candidate (Brexit Party) if you want to leave the EU. If you want to 'remain' then you have a wide choice. Labour/Tory/LibDem ..... ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all that you say I will not be voting in the EU elections - I did not last time and it made no difference to the country so it will not make any difference this time!

 

As Tom Smith said this is about local Council elections and an attempt to get the right ones in for the good of the county 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I shall be voting against the Conservatives in the local elections and against the EU mafia in the European elections. To not vote in both elections will not change the status quo and we will continue down the road to subjugation both sides of the English Channel. Sitting on the sidelines is not the answer.

Edited by megilleland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tom Smith said:

Come on Cambo what has Brexit got to do with local Council elections?

Nothing really but if the candidates mindset is for remaining in the EU then I just don’t feel that I can vote for them.As silly as that might sound to you Tom it all boils down to my lost faith/trust in politicians after witnessing the last six months of the Brexit debacle.

but having looked at the candidates I don’t believe that the con trickster has a cat in hells chance of getting in...my money would be on Sharon Michael as she is the standing being run closely by Diane Toynbee with the Lib Dem,Stephen Williams as a dark horse possible?

if I do change my mind then I guess I will vote for Sharon Michael 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More election talk from Conservative cloud cuckoo land.

Quote

In an article in today’s Sunday Express, party chairman Brandon Lewis has appealed to voters to remember that the elections this week are about local services and not Brexit.

He said: “I know many voters will feel as though as a country we have been voting in elections and referendums and debating politics endlessly over the past few years, but a vote for who you want to run your local council really does make a difference.

“If you want to keep things like weekly bin collections, roads being fixed, fly-tipping being stamped out and your council tax down, you need to go out and vote for them – and vote Conservative on Thursday.”

He needs to get out more especially to Herefordshire and check our council tax for a start.

Edited by megilleland
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cambo said:

Nothing really but if the candidates mindset is for remaining in the EU then I just don’t feel that I can vote for them.As silly as that might sound to you Tom it all boils down to my lost faith/trust in politicians after witnessing the last six months of the Brexit debacle.

but having looked at the candidates I don’t believe that the con trickster has a cat in hells chance of getting in...my money would be on Sharon Michael as she is the standing being run closely by Diane Toynbee with the Lib Dem,Stephen Williams as a dark horse possible?

if I do change my mind then I guess I will vote for Sharon Michael 

If you are a Lib Dem you are backing a Party that does not respect the Brexit vote! Just a plain and simple fact! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Cambo said:

Nothing really but if the candidates mindset is for remaining in the EU then I just don’t feel that I can vote for them.As silly as that might sound to you Tom it all boils down to my lost faith/trust in politicians after witnessing the last six months of the Brexit debacle.

but having looked at the candidates I don’t believe that the con trickster has a cat in hells chance of getting in...my money would be on Sharon Michael as she is the standing being run closely by Diane Toynbee with the Lib Dem,Stephen Williams as a dark horse possible?

if I do change my mind then I guess I will vote for Sharon Michael 

Thanks for the reply, a persons personal opinion re Brexit I'm sure has no relevance on their role as a volunteer as a Parish councillor or even as a County councillor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/04/2019 at 23:09, Glenda Powell said:

Tom Smith, to answer your question, I have found a lot of people have said on NF, to candidates about Brexit, if you don't support Brexit your not getting my vote, that said on my leaflet you will see I do support Brexit, also resident have shown me where they have put the leaflets from various candidates in the bin. I do believe and have done for many years that candidates should live in the ward they are standing for. There is so much apathy in these local elections this time round.

The Con for Widemarsh lives in the Forest of Dean allegedly works at Wiggins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom Smith, having just looked at who is standing in Widemarshe I have worked with some of them in the past, I would not vote for any of them. Isn't Forest of Dean in Wyre Forest council area, may be I'm wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been told this morning there has been a lot of complaints in regard to local elections, Herefordshire Council and Elections office have said it doesn't come under their complaints system, the police are now involved (not Hereford police) and apparently they received a lot of complaints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do find it disingenuous that candidates ask for your vote but will not tell you where they live - this seems to be a recent trend and seems to be predominantly Con and UKIP candidates. (address in Herefordshire) or (address in Forest of Dean) is not good enough. 

In Central Ward, no one has knocked on my door yet, but I've had several well written flyers from the Greens, who seemed to have started ages ago, one from the Con which reads as expected, several from the Lib Dems, which are appallingly written, vague in the extreme and promising a bypass to solve everything and nothing from the so called 'Independent' proposed by Kenyon. I have to say that IOC have produced a very well written and comprehensive manifesto. I don't agree with all of it, but they are at least making the effort. The Con one, by contrast, is 6/7 pages of bluster and sound bites, no real plan as such, but oh so much promised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Glenda Powell said:

Megilleland, thank for clarification, its Gloucester council area, why is he standing in Hereford.

Intrigued as to why you wouldn't work with any of them as you will achieve nothing on your own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom, I worked with IOC and LDems  for 12 years from 2003-15, as an Independent and I can assure you I achieved a great deal for the people of Newton Farm on my own. I found IOC cannot be trusted, the Independents offered to work with them in recent years, and they stabbed us in the back, and LD candidate has a reputation for not working for anyone who doesn't see things from her point of view. I cannot understand why they have formed an Alliance party because I cannot see them agreeing to anything, I can assure you it is very different from the inside of the council.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...