Sign in to follow this  
Paul Jones

Hereford restaurants that serve Halal

I enjoy good food but I refuse to eat in restaurants where I am aware that they serve Halal meat.

Halal is an Arabic word that means “permissible.” In terms of food, it means food that is permissible according to Islamic law. For a meat to be certified “halal,” it cannot be a forbidden cut (such as meat from hindquarters) or animal (such as pork.)

The slaughter of a halal animal is called “zabihah” and there are certain guidelines to follow:

Allah’s (God’s) name must be pronounced during slaughter.
The instrument must be very sharp to ensure humane slaughter. The animal must be slit at the throat.
The animal must not be unconscious
The animal must be hung upside down and allowed to bleed dry. Eating blood is not halal.
These steps must be accomplished by a Muslim or the People of the Book (Christian or Jew.) Many observant Muslims find kosher meat acceptable.
The animal must have been fed a natural diet that did not contain animal by-products

I am aware that both the Mary Gold and Mowchak restaurants serve Halal meat, which other restaurants in Hereford serve Halal? 

• Like 1

I share the same view, it is cruel and inhumane. I believe the Razbari in Whitecross Road also serves Halal 

59 minutes ago, Aylestone Voice said:

Animals are your friends - why do you eat them?

I have no problem eating an animal that is bread to eat but I draw the line torturing the animal first.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 24/03/2019 at 18:05, Paul Jones said:

I enjoy good food but I refuse to eat in restaurants where I am aware that they serve Halal meat.

I am aware that both the Mary Gold and Mowchak restaurants serve Halal meat, which other restaurants in Hereford serve Halal? 

Do those two restaurants make that clear in their handout menu's? 

15 hours ago, Roger said:

Do those two restaurants make that clear in their handout menu's? 

Not really I had to ask both and decided not to order anything.

I hate the whole Halal culture, it is cruelty beyond belief, it is one thing humanly slaughtering cattle etc for food but this is tormenting and torturing them

1 hour ago, Frank Smith said:

I hate the whole Halal culture, it is cruelty beyond belief, it is one thing humanly slaughtering cattle etc for food but this is tormenting and torturing them

What about kosher?