Sign in to follow this  
ragwert

Taste of Raj raided today

Not surprisingly, it is not even that safe to eat at, and I doubt many of these illegals have done their food hygiene training:

Jalsagor Restaurant was awarded a Food Hygiene Rating of 3 (Generally Satisfactory) by Herefordshire Council on 6th November, 2018.

Food Hygiene and Safety    Fair
Structural Compliance    Fair
Confidence in Management    Some

On 22/12/2018 at 09:29, twowheelsgood said:

Not surprisingly, it is not even that safe to eat at, and I doubt many of these illegals have done their food hygiene training:

Jalsagor Restaurant was awarded a Food Hygiene Rating of 3 (Generally Satisfactory) by Herefordshire Council on 6th November, 2018.

Food Hygiene and Safety    Fair
Structural Compliance    Fair
Confidence in Management    Some

3 is quite good. Thai on Wye on West Street has a Zero rating. Inspection was Sept. 2018. The Grapes has a rating of 1. Date of inspection Sept. 2018. As far as I understand it a Zero rating doesn't result in closure. When it probably should. Ratings can easily be accessed on the Food Standards Agency web page. 

I did a foi request for the actual inspection report for some premises, including the Thai on Wye. Take it from me, please don't eat there, it's zero for a reason. I can pm the interesting bits if anyone's interested. It's the only zero rated establishment in the city!

They should certainly have been closed down immediately in my opinion. The risks to public health are off the scale.

Edited by adamski

On 02/01/2019 at 23:57, Roger said:

3 is quite good. Thai on Wye on West Street has a Zero rating. Inspection was Sept. 2018. The Grapes has a rating of 1. Date of inspection Sept. 2018. As far as I understand it a Zero rating doesn't result in closure. When it probably should. Ratings can easily be accessed on the Food Standards Agency web page. 

3 is not 'quite good' in my view - it's 60% or, looking at it another way, a 4 in 10 chance you'll get food poisoning, as a friend did a little while ago at Jalsagor. I value my health too much and avoid anything with less than a 100% score - there's no reason for the establishment not to achieve it, other than stupidity and/or greed, and either way they don't deserve my money.

13 hours ago, twowheelsgood said:

3 is not 'quite good' in my view - it's 60% or, looking at it another way, a 4 in 10 chance you'll get food poisoning, as a friend did a little while ago at Jalsagor. I value my health too much and avoid anything with less than a 100% score - there's no reason for the establishment not to achieve it, other than stupidity and/or greed, and either way they don't deserve my money.

I went to the Mary Gold on Union Street on Christmas Eve. For a take out. Cheap as chips. They have no registered rating on the food hygiene website. I never got ill. But I wasn't on my hands and knees in their kitchen checking for mouse droppings prior to my order. Striking off any eaterie with less than 5* is a bit utopian in my opinion. And unrealistic!