New Polish Restaurant in Hereford

Colin James

There is a thriving Polish community now in Hereford, so it is good to see that a new Polish restaurant has opened. 

PRL Restaurant

48 St Owen Street

Hereford

HR1 2PU

PRL Restuarant.jpg

They offer only 3 or 4 dishes on the menu each day because everything is purchased on the day and cooked from fresh. I had the pleasure of trying the restaurant out today with my good lady and we had two really nice meals and it was very reasonably priced.

Regardless of whether you are Polish or not give them a try, I am sure you will enjoy some good home cooked traditional Polish cuisine. 

You need serious levels of 'footfall' to keep a venue open. Spread Eagle chip shop fell flat on its arse within five minutes .... My guess is that the menu will not appeal to the 'locals'. 

It will appeal to local Polish people and is already attracting a lot of positive comments especially on our Facebook page here.

A Polish restaurant in Hereford is very welcome within the Polish community, lets hope the new business is a success.

It will appeal to local Polish people and is already attracting a lot of positive comments especially on our Facebook Page. A Polish restaurant in Hereford is very welcome within the Polish community, lets hope the new business is a success.

I agree and I will be visiting here for sure this week.  :Thumbs-Up:

I don't think there is any comparison between this one and the supposedly refurbished Spread Eagle.  The PRL food looks absolutely delightful and the SE food was just tacky and vile which was never going to survive.  They could not even paint.

I wish these people good luck and good fortune knowing they will keep to high standards 

I certainly wish them well , I am sure that the local community will support them as well their fellow country men and women . In fact their fellow country men and women will certainly enjoy home from home cooking ( as , I understand Brits do when they go abroad on holiday )

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of catering establishments have come and gone that end of town , if anyone can give it a go it will be the Polish community. They will look after their own , is it the first Polish restaurant in Hereford ?/ I don't know

A lot of catering establishments have come and gone that end of town , if anyone can give it a go it will be the Polish community. They will look after their own , is it the first Polish restaurant in Hereford ?/ I don't know

First real proper attempt, there was a small one in Eign Rd but it never lasted but tbh it was only a half attempt in a tiny shop, where as this is a proper restaurant. We went last Sunday and will go again tomorrow, last week was packed out and they closed at 4pm because they had run out of food, which is a good sign. 

The Asian community do well out of me, along with the Indian and American community! Looks nice grub, no idea what it is! Then again I don't know what half the food is at my locals..... Tastes good though so I order and eat it. Sometimes I even cook my own; - Like tonight I had no37.......... sweet chilli chicken with rice noodles and mixed vegetables all cooked and eaten by me! Delicious.

Had dinner here yesterday, perfect pork shoulder with potato and salad, it was lush. Restaurant was very busy all tables taken at 2.30pm. I learned that they offer a take-away service too, there were people waiting to take their dinner home, good idea.