Bill Norman Takes Redundancy

Colin James

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure there'll be quite a few people at the Council heaving a sigh of relief at Bill Norman's departure. Not least those unfortunate enough to have to work with him. I'm told even his pet lackeys in the legal department had grown weary of his “Downfall†style tirades in which he turned the air of the St Owens Street Fuhrerbunker blue with the foulest of Anglo-Saxon four letter expletives.

Given that he was appointed by former deputy chief exec Dean “Bonkers†Taylor the only real mystery is why wasn't he given the push sooner?

The answer to that is because he knew to much of what was and still is going on behind closed doors. Still trying to find out how much his golden hand shake was to keep him quiet.

Good for you Glenda. Wishing you the best of luck. :Thumbs-Up:

Possibly a bit late now, but is it worth enquiring why the Council thought it was a good idea to hire someone with his disgraceful history in the first place?

It may be of interest to those following the career of Mr Norman to know that Wirral Borough Council last week agreed the payment of over £256,000 of public money to yet another Super Director who has voluntarily asked to leave!

The Council agreed this sum as “there were other opportunities he wished to pursueâ€.  If you don’t believe what you are reading please view the Wirral Leaks site and Mr John Brace’s Blog.  Wirral has focussed again in the Rotten Borough section of the most recent edition of Private Eye and is it any wonder.

Mr Norman not only got a 'golden handshake' from Wirral Council also from Devon council and now Herefordshire Council. This man has built a career of making a mess of things and then getting money for it, because he knew to much of what was going on behind closed doors that these councils didn't want to become common knowledge.

. This man has built a career of making a mess of things and then getting money for it, because he knew to much of what was going on behind closed doors that these councils didn't want to become common knowledge.

All true Glenda, plus he's no doubt responsible for some of those very things you mention.

Well, I am sorry but I have no sympathy for him either.  Without a conscience he has made a fortune from manipulating the system and taking thousands of pounds of tax payers hard earned money. Before he left Wirral he signed off a Traffic Regulation Order on our road which happens to be unadopted and a Byway and was a quiet residential road to just 24 properties.   In 2009 it suddenly became a speeding rat run when a radical surface upgrade took place without consultation with residents. 

We were promised the problem would be solved by an “Access Only†TRO.  However, the Schedule which Mr Norman imposed on us allows access through and beyond the Byway to more than 75 other properties up to 5 miles away.  The police cannot enforce it, the problem has become worse year on year and residents are still trying to negotiate a resolution with the Council.

If Mr Norman had done what we were promised and made the Byway “Access Only†to the 24 properties sited on the Byway we would not still be suffering 6 years of traffic hell.  He and his cronies plotted behind our backs and I wouldn’t believe anything the man said.

• 5 weeks later...

‘So we will claw back redundancy payments for high earners who leave and then return to the public sector within a year – and change the law so that public sector payoffs are capped at £95,000 even for the highest-paid public servants.’

You're a bit late George, Bill Norman's already had three pay offs and is, I'm told, retiring to spend more time with his money. 

Besides, this has got more than a touch of deja vu about it. Didn't Eric Pickles say a few years ago that he'd sort out public servant fat cat pay?  Unless of course he meant he'd increase it...

• 2 weeks later...

Today I raised the astonishing settlement the Tories/City Indies have paid the ex-CEO of Stoke Council in the House http://goo.gl/4W0OEQ 

1 retweet0 likes

Retweet

Yes their CEO was handed a half a million pound pay out.  This lady addressed an incredibly poorly attended House of Commons.

Let us hope the Jess and Bill will see their way clear to attend this debate when it is scheduled