Herefordshire Council Confirms top appointments

greenknight

Chris, I am surprised (or may be not) you have run down the Independent leader, not every body knows about 2together in fact I would say no one outside of Health & Social Care Scrutiny does unless they are a carer, you were a carer so obviously you do, and so do I having sat on Heath & Social Care Scrutiny for 12 years when I was a councillor. It is obvious from your post 25, you know nothing about the scrutiny committee you are on otherwise you would not be asking for advice from an unelected person, so how you think you can critisize someone else is wrong. No one knows everything on the council and you know we all consentrated on the committee's we were on, and rightly so. It is obvious you are not happy being an Independent councillor, so why don't you leave you were leaning towards IOC so why don't you ask them if you can join them?

Well Glenda Vaughan-Powell, how shockingly small minded of you to have attacked Chris Chappell in this manner. Suggesting that Chris is wrong to take advice from non-elected persons is a statement that stinks of snobbery and ignorance. No wonder you were voted out. As a current senior health care professional and visiting university lecturer I take good advice from where ever I can find current relevant, evidence based material, not from 'elected councillors'. I don't know Chris but Id much sooner have an elected councillor who asks for good advice than one who makes it up as they go along.

Bravo Chris Chappell.

Dazza, I am neither small minded, ignorant or a snob,if you knew me, which you obviously don't you would know that. There are professionals within the council who Chris Chappell could go to, having been a councillor for many years he should know that. yet I have been told only two weeks into the new council he is already being disruptive,I have known Chris for many years and I know what he is like.

I am well aware of who you are having read in the press last year your attack on the hospital.

You do not know anything about my election defeat, but you soon will as there are official complaints that has been made by constituents, and they have been accepted!

Glenda, with respect, I'm sure Chris Chappell "shouldn't be taking advice from an unelected person"...your words not mine, as such and as the elected councillor, unlike yourself, I'd suggest you let him take his own council and advice as he sees fit.

Dazza, No where in my post did I give him advice, and he doesn't take advice he does what he wants and always has done,( not really a team member)  I have found that unless you agree with what he saying, you are wrong, and he is right. From where I was sitting at the council meeting last Friday morning, he seemed to be having an argument with one of his Independent colleagues instead of consentrating on what was being discussed at the council meeting.

Is that fair when many of them were voted in "because I knew the name" rather than what they stand for or their knowledge base or even what they can do for their community?, I've come across this alot, its amazed me who got in and who got dumped out!

Sounds a bit like your leader Bob Matthews canvassing trick, knocking on doors and allegedly telling voters that I've been struck off as a nurse and that Im banned from all National Trust property......He, allegedly, ran a proper smear campaign against myself and IOC. However, I don't go down the route of ad hominem and as such my dignity is intact.

Tiny bit off-thread this, but may I say how good it is to see Adrian Bridges posting on this site once more? The best councillor Herefordshire people didn't get this month!

He always talked a lot of sense in debates, he never got rattled by Tory bombast and his idea of extending the rail service to Rotherwas (are you reading these words Roger Cloth Ears Phillips?) was the best thing since sliced bread.

Welcome back aboard SS Hereford Voice Adrian!

I'm not on the council but if I were new in post for the first time as a newbie if you like I would seek guidance and take advice from anyone with the experience and knowledge of a said topic.Once digested I would ground out my take on the intelligence provided and make my own judgement good or bad.

As for Council well everyone would be treated with respect but suspicion until such time as I have formed my own conclusions never done in haste.

In law we are still innocent until proven guilty however I treat all politicians as self serving individuals until proven otherwise. It is my understanding Glenda that both Chris and your good self served your wards well which should be the most important point. It is a shame about what's happened however dirty tricks have always been part of a political candidates armoury..It's up to the individual to use them and the electorate to accept them and the victim to fight back if they feel obliged.

GK is right Adrian was another good councillor but perhaps for now that,s Hereford Voices gain.