Disability Discrimination on Wirral. Bill Norman's role...

WirralPC

Paul Cardin (WirralPC) has kindly emailed these details to me today, it makes for an iterating read.

Well I stand by what I said and I was remonstrated about all those weeks ago and  I thought he was supposed to be in mourning.  Mourning my eye greedy blood sucking ..................................... has he got no conscious whatsoever.  I have not even read the second piece.  

He doesn't have any conscience. This is a man who tore up the rulebook when it came to decent standards of human behavour. I don't have a problem with you, or anyone else sticking the boot into him, regardless of whether he's in mourning or not.

I suspect that he's left it long enough before getting another job so that he doesn't have to repay any of his redundancy.  No doubt we can expect a tsunami of resignations, bullying complaints and industrial tribunals from his new authority in about, what, three months?

They are still awaiting his photo on the website...an appropriate picture anyone if you can get into the site!

As the council has similar corporate colours as Herefordshire perhaps he has identified similar cash benefits whilst in post and perhaps settlements once departed. If he is on the run from his past in a clockwise direction perhaps we could pre empt his next move and as such make preperations before his next job application...Staffordshire perhaps?

What is the name of the new legal beaver at HC?

There isn't one Denise - as I understand it Natalia Silver one of Geoff Hughes' proteges is now in charge of the legal department, but doesn't have any legal qualifications. Neither does the grandly titled Head of Law, Governance and Resilience who is also in charge of the legal department... One of the Deputy Solicitors is fulfilling the post of monitoring officer.  A case of too many chiefs perhaps?

As to whether Bill Norman was any good? er...no.   Rumour is he hadn't made himself too popular with the Plough Lane bigwigs after a botched restructure of the legal and commitee departments which saw a load of experienced staff depart, but subsequently failed to recruit anyone new. Doh! That might have something to do with his sudden departure from Hereford.

Agreed, Denise!

What I find difficult to comprehend, is why prospective new employers don't simply Google his name??

It seems so simple ....

They probably did dippy…if they were looking to employ a corruptible character??

It's not as if Cheshire is a million miles away from the Wirral so you'd of thought they would know who bill Norman was?

Going back to Pete's post..#39, it's a real concern that with quite a few impending legal cases, not least The Amey one, our head of legal services has no legal qualifications!

I suspect Amey and the other upcoming  legal cases might have also been a factor in El Normo's departure. 

I think East Cheshire might also have employed his immediate predecessor at Hereford, Chris "the Undertaker" Chapman who was given a golden goodbye from Brockington on account of being useless even by HDC standards, with a disastrous restructure being the final straw. It's like a bad joke the same old faces going round the same old councils, making the same old mess and getting the same old pay offs.

And I suspect you may be right, Pete!

One question that does keep occurring to me, should HCC lose these costly court cases, will the person whose legal advice they relied on in the first instance, ever be held to account?

Or is it a case of the horse bolting before the stable door can be shut??