Autumn Watch At Hereford Voice.

dippyhippy

• 3 months later...

Well spotted Two Wheels!

I have my list of probing questions taped to the back of the front door, in preparation for when they knock!

The list is rather long, and I would like to discuss all 57 points, but I am a reasonable person, I am happy to invite them in for a nice cup of tea, and I have stocked up on custard creams.

I can't be fairer than that.

Now, all I have to do is wait for them to arrive....!

Dippy, I don't think my constituents would appreciate me moving to White Cross. I went to the local coffee morning today, my constituents were there I had 4 cups of tea that went cold sorting out their problems, I  then went to the South Wye luncheon club for all our elderly residents, again constituents came up to me or spoke to me about problems while I was eating my lunch, no peace for the wicked!!

You are accessible Glenda!

That's what I like about you!

I tell you what, there are a fair few who would do well to take a leaf out of your book.

Constituents really need to feel that they are connected to their ward councillors, to have a little faith in them. For that to happen, councillors have to engage, they have to communicate and they have to really care.

Although we don't always agree, I have to say that you do tick all of those boxes. Credit where it's due.

You are accessible Glenda!

That's what I like about you!

I tell you what, there are a fair few who would do well to take a leaf out of your book.

Constituents really need to feel that they are connected to their ward councillors, to have a little faith in them. For that to happen, councillors have to engage, they have to communicate and they have to really care.

Although we don't always agree, I have to say that you do tick all of those boxes. Credit where it's due.

Yes I second these sentiments and have checked out your site Glenda!

Gotta be honest I had two rants in town today ..firstly the Lib Dems .

Of course the first one was directed at the coalition. "What choices did we have they cried" "there could have been another election" Well if they thought things were split then well they are not going to like what's coming!! I did want to know where this £43 million quid has gone for roads because apart from a bit of resurfacing near Callow and improvements on parts of the A49 through town the rest is a mystery. Nope I've warned them not to be to upset because I'm sure they really don't know how bad their losses will be.

They were parked up next to the British Heart Foundation who were worthy of a visit. In the past this organisation has done great things unfortunately they have become rather too corporate and more recently have become exposed to research carried out on animals.They want to have shops on every high street which is expensive and employ those much needed marketing types with salaries to match. They can even be picky about what second hand furniture they have. My money today went to St Michael's Hospice.

I was amused to see the LibDems asking people to sign a petition to end the Cabinet system when the Council are already looking into the alternative systems.

I assumed it was just the bait to get people into their gazebo so as to try and persuade them to vote for them

I think I saw their general election candidate Lucy Hurds lurking about. I heard her at a Civic Society meeting some time ago - in my view unelectable

Mind you I think that about most politicians!!!

I would agree with you there, Aylestone Voice!

It's a pity a few more were not a bit more vocal when the original "No Confidence In Herefordshire Council Cabinet" petition was started by members of the public.

This just smacks of being a gimmick.

Top marks to you though for spotting Lucy Hurds, that really is a rare species!

In regard to the Lib Dems petition that surprises me, simply because that was a motion put forward by the Herefordshire Independents a few months ago at full council and had substantial support for the abolition of the cabinet system and to go back to committee system. But because of the election cannot be put into place until after May 7th.

Next Friday, 6th March, is the last meeting of this Council! Some Councillors you may never see again! From then you are likely to see more council candidates out and about knocking on doors.

For Glenda and I,we will continue our Ward work as well as canvass, as the Ward work never stops. I waited at table for 70 elderly folk at the community lunch on Friday that Glenda was at, and will be at the Hereford Academy twice next week on various matters as well as several other meetings concerning our community.

I am sure Glenda and I, who do not have a party machine behind us, nor their money, would welcome assistance with leafleting in our respective wards if any of you are interested? Unlike the other political groups, Conservative, LibDems, Labour, UKiP and IOC, we Independents have to pay for our own campaigns and do our own leafleting and knocking on doors. Still it keeps us fit and I expect to lose another stone by May 7th.

Please do't forget you can not vote if you are not on electoral register and if you are away from home on Election Day, now would be a good time to apply for a postal vote.

Thank Chris for the mention on your post, it was a good lunch and afternoon entertainment for our elderly and disabled residents in South Wye. I am very busy from Monday next week  with council meetings, ward work and my position in London representing the Independents, all before council meeting next Friday. I cannot afford to lose any weight but probably will before the election over. As Chris said if anyone living in the Newton Farm area would like to help me deliver my leaflets, your help would be appreciated.