I ain't paying my Council Tax anymore.

bobby47

Head magistrate Celia Cundale – who did not have the sentencing powers to sent Gillingham to jail for an unpaid bill – issued a liability order for the outstanding amount.

And if he doesn't pay that? What then? I'm sure there are loads of people who can't pay even the small percentage of the Council Tax due to their individual circumstances ... Whatever they may be ... 

I don't know what the lifestyle of Dennis Gillingham is ... In fact I don't know the fella at all ... 

• 1 year later...
Research by the Money Advice Trust, the charity that runs National Debtline and Business Debtline, has revealed that councils in England and Wales referred 2.1 million debts to bailiffs in 2014/15 – up 16% in two years. If you are a local council, we want you to work with us to reduce your use of bailiffs by making sure residents and businesses get the free, early advice they need.

If you need help with debt, seek free advice from National Debtline or Business Debtline.

Total bailiff referrals for all debt types in Herefordshire

3404 Total bailiff referrals in 2014/15 - all debt types

3.73 Total bailiff referrals in 2014/15 as % of total properties in area (equivalent only)

203 Ranking for local authority bailiff use in England and Wales 2014/15 - out of 326

10% Change over two years

Breakdown of bailiff referrals by debt type

2003 Bailiff referrals for COUNCIL TAX in 2014/15

1158 Bailiff referrals for PARKING in 2014/15

100 Bailiff referrals for HOUSING BENEFIT OVERPAYMENTS in 2014/15

56 Bailiff referrals for BUSINESS RATES in 2014/15

0 Bailiff referrals for COMMERCIAL RENT in 2014/15

87 Bailiff referrals for OTHER DEBT TYPES in 2014/15

Cambo, Yep! I read it. What a man. Sadly, I'm not half the man he is. The rotten old bag has paid me Council Tax hasn't she. Snatched me glory away. No getting bugarred in the shower block for me. Not this year!

Glad I was not in your house when you found out the bill had been paid lol well on the bright side you ain't going to prison, well not this year anyway.  :tongue_32: