Organisations within organisations

megilleland

There is a post advertised - Research and Intelligence Officer - with HC salary circa £20k,  Reading the job spec it would appear to be a grossly underpaid post.  The poor person will have to work her/his socks off to complete all the tasks requested.  Â£20k is not even near the average wage for the area and somebody applying for this job would in my opinion have to be pretty desperate or end up pretty desperate.  Based on this job spec it would be  interesting to read the job specs for those HC staff on mega bucks.  I see Ethica certainly received lots of money in June,  It would almost pay the HC to set up their own staff agency - it could be another organisation within an organisation. 

I thought Hoople had undertaken a lot of the recruitment process?

The council have now torn up the trusty supply list of teachers for schools, and even they have to go via Hoople now - yet the accredited supply list has worked perfectly well for many years........

I thought Hoople had undertaken a lot of the recruitment process?

The council have now torn up the trusty supply list of teachers for schools, and even they have to go via Hoople now - yet the accredited supply list has worked perfectly well for many years........

And yet an acquaintance who wanted to do supply teaching was told that the list was full - Hoople would not allow anyone else to do supply work.  So if a particular school wanted to employ a particular supply teacher Hoople would say "no" (in an arms length kind of way, of course".

That's a ridiculous thing for them to say!

How on earth can they predict whether a subject specific teacher will be required?

I see The Robert Owen School, now have a "Banner" advertisement, stretching across the top of the HT online page. They need fulltime, part time and supply teaching staff......which begs the question, just how many staff do you need to educate 20 students????

That's a ridiculous thing for them to say!

How on earth can they predict whether a subject specific teacher will be required?

I see The Robert Owen School, now have a "Banner" advertisement, stretching across the top of the HT online page. They need fulltime, part time and supply teaching staff......which begs the question, just how many staff do you need to educate 20 students????

The presence of the advert also gives a clue as to why the Hereford Times doesn't ask too many questions.

I see on the HC jobs page that as well as a children's solicitor they are advertising for three lawyers.

I can now see that what has been missing from the council these last few years, and the reason things have got so bad financially and performance wise is lawyers.  We need more lawyers.  I am reassured that this is being addressed and would be prepared to see more frontline staff removed to make way for them.

Also,  we need intelligence.  Yes, really.  The council seems to be admitting that it needs more intelligence to add to the jargon they are so skilled at.  Hence the need for someone to be part of ........

a modern operational business intelligence function that is fully embedded within Adults & Wellbeing, delivering robust, accurate and timely service-critical, operational performance data, providing forward looking business intelligence for service re-design and the commissioning of key services in line with the transformation programme

So to sum up.  They are recruiting someone to tell them what's going on `out there' and some lawyers to explain how to obey the law or at least to defend them when they get it wrong.

I see on the HC jobs page that as well as a children's solicitor they are advertising for three lawyers.

And four posts for the Marches Local Enterprise Partnership:

The Marches Local Enterprise Partnership is a business-driven private/public sector partnership tasked with leading co-ordinated action to improve economic prosperity for the Herefordshire, Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin area. The Partnership is developing its core team by making the following appointments:

SL14/46 - Marches LEP Partnership Manager
£36,348 - 39,762 (full time)

SL14/47 - Marches LEP Project Officer (x2)
£28,674 - 31,339 (full time)

SL14/48 - Marches LEP Administrative Officer
£16,397 - 18,274 (Pro rata, 4 days/week)

Using the bottom of the scale that's around £110,000. The LEP empire is now expanding, no doubt at the expense of more cuts in the council.

Ah! These must be the posts that I mentioned in post 30, above!

I was curious about the salaries that went with them, so thanks Megilleland for posting this info!

On the "featured jobs" thingy, on HT, all these posts have the word - Hereford, next to them. From this I assume that we will soon feel a much  greater presence from Marches LEP.

There is also Marches LEP directors post advertised here!

I think that law should be taught as a subjected in schools & be compulsory too? as the kids of tomoro year are gonna need to know, as much about the law as is humanly possible, the way things are going! you have laws, within laws, within laws it's getting ridicules?!

eg how many of us actually read the small print on anything we sign up to? like phone contracts,loan agreements, insurance agreements etc? & the reason why most of us don't read the small print, is because it's all written in bleeding gobbledeegook!! to most folk we don't understand it so therefore we don't both reading through it, we know we should but we just don't?!

That is unless of course your a bloody lawyer then of course you will obviously understand it & therefore if you are a lawyer, your probable not likely to sign away your life to satan unless u've gone through it with a fine tooth comb? unlike the rest of us poor souls who have already signed our lives away to the fiery inferno down below,more than likely unknowingly or with a slight feeling of, did I just sign my life away to satan?…or had your pockets emptied by the banks, or sum other big corporate organisation? who are just out to fleece us for as much cash as is legally possible for them to do so? & all because we didn't read the small print!!!!