Baptist Church Drinkers ....

Roger

I dunno why (again) you are resorting to trolling me with insults stupidfrustration ... If you want to pump out the Party Line that everything is 100% brilliant that's fine ... You obviously don't like anyone who doesn't agree with your agenda ... 

Because roger - you are just negative all the time.

Like this for example - how many street drinkers are we talking about? 25-40 - the problem is not huge.

I'm not trotting out the party line - I am in private business and work hard for my money - and yes there are difficulties in my industry in this town, BUT there are many many worse places than Hereford.

so MR negative - what positive things have you ever done, or tried to do for Hereford?

I would be happy to take just 2 things in your career as a police officer or anything from retirement where you have at least tried to help the community?

Please help me change my view of you.

Drove past the Baptist Church at 14.10 today and a couple of the regular drunks were there. Albeit sheltering with their booze against the building as it was lashing it down.

Went past at 17.45 and the same two were still there. One was shouting at a passer by and the other was horizontal on the steps. In an apparent drunken stupor. 

Roger, You should've called your former colleagues - might have issued one with one of those dispersal notice thingies and got an ambulance to the other one. Hope he's alright...

Couldn't agree more - as has been said many times on this post - these people need help and guidance . I was interested to see that Roger drove past these two , observed that one was in an apparent drunken stupef and did nothing - Roger more than most ( as an apparent retired Police Officer ) knows the responsibilities of the Custody Staff towards an apparent drunken person under their care. All Roger had to do was phone the Police Stn and ". Pass the responsibility to the Police " to check these two out.

I was out walking the dog one night,when meandering down Whitecross Road I saw a pair of legs sticking out from someone's driveway. I gave the legs a tentative shake, and a rather bleary eyed and confused man attempted to sit up - he was much the worse for wear, had lost his wallet, and his friends it would appear!

He lived at Credenhill, so I crossed him over the road, waited with him for the bus, paid the driver his fare and sent him on his way!!

It took twenty minutes of my time and the cost of his bus ticket......but the alternative would have been a very cold,very wet and very long night!

I often wonder if he recalls any of that night at all!!

I suppose I could have rung the police, or even an ambulance......but I chose to use a little bit of that thing called common sense.

Works a treat, most of the time!!

Couldn't agree more - as has been said many times on this post - these people need help and guidance . I was interested to see that Roger drove past these two , observed that one was in an apparent drunken stupef and did nothing - Roger more than most ( as an apparent retired Police Officer ) knows the responsibilities of the Custody Staff towards an apparent drunken person under their care. All Roger had to do was phone the Police Stn and ". Pass the responsibility to the Police " to check these two out.

The guy was crashed out under a Council camera ... And there were probably a fair few people nearer than me. I'm just the messenger. I'm not the 'carer' for this regular drunk. 

I did have to ring the cops last week to report something so I have experience of ringing 101. I was on hold for ten minutes. I'm not surprised people hang up and ring 999. 

I did read recently on FB from a regular cop in Hereford that he rung 101 and was still unanswered after 30 minutes ... So the system is not brilliant.

Roger - in your career as a police officer - or as a retired Hereford citizen, what have you done to IMPROVE Hereford, in any way?

Just 2 examples please?

We know you can point out the bad - oh how we know that - but what have you done or even tried to do to make things better?

BIG respect to you Dipplyhippy! If this town had just a few more people like you - what a great place we would live in!

If I ever manage to find out who you are - I would be happy to buy you a drink and repay that bus fair myself!

I was out walking the dog one night,when meandering down Whitecross Road I saw a pair of legs sticking out from someone's driveway. I gave the legs a tentative shake, and a rather bleary eyed and confused man attempted to sit up - he was much the worse for wear, had lost his wallet, and his friends it would appear!

He lived at Credenhill, so I crossed him over the road, waited with him for the bus, paid the driver his fare and sent him on his way!!

It took twenty minutes of my time and the cost of his bus ticket......but the alternative would have been a very cold,very wet and very long night!

I often wonder if he recalls any of that night at all!!

I suppose I could have rung the police, or even an ambulance......but I chose to use a little bit of that thing called common sense.

Works a treat, most of the time!!

Dippy! This is what the Street Pastors do! Excellent people doing an excellent service. I'll get you an application form.

I am inclined to let Roger and Stupidfrustration fight it out with wet lettuce, but

Why does Roger have to provide two examples of what he may have done to improve the city and on the other hand why does stupid frustration not have to similarly prove his/her credentials in this area?

Also if any one else manages to criticise what goes on or not in the city do we have to attach similar proof?

The guy was crashed out under a Council camera ... And there were probably a fair few people nearer than me. I'm just the messenger. I'm not the 'carer' for this regular drunk. 

I did have to ring the cops last week to report something so I have experience of ringing 101. I was on hold for ten minutes. I'm not surprised people hang up and ring 999. 

I did read recently on FB from a regular cop in Hereford that he rung 101 and was still unanswered after 30 minutes ... So the system is not brilliant.

Roger, There's a couple of characters like that in the Parable of the Good Samaritan. They're not the Victim, the Innkeeper or the Samaritan, mind you. I think Stupid Frustration may have a point though - you know where all the problems are but none of the solutions, Mate.

Hi George!

I have been doing this sort of thing for as long as I can remember! Some say I just don't know when to keep my nose out, others view it through slightly kinder eyes!

The Street Pastor scheme sounds fabulous!!

Really positive.

I am inclined to let Roger and Stupidfrustration fight it out with wet lettuce, but

Why does Roger have to provide two examples of what he may have done to improve the city and on the other hand why does stupid frustration not have to similarly prove his/her credentials in this area?

Also if any one else manages to criticise what goes on or not in the city do we have to attach similar proof?

Hi Aylestone Voice,

My frustration with Roger is that - he is ALWAYS negative - ALWAYS - please, someone find something somewhere where this man has been positive about this great city that we live in. It FRUSTRATES me - in fact - he is one of my reasons for joining this site.

To give the guy his fair dues, he does show who he is, that is not a pleasure I can have on this site due to my current role and information that I know and may speak on which could jeopardise my position, and to be honest, some of the information that I know - perhaps I should not know.

To sum up, I can only promise you that in my role I do conduct "extra curricular" activities for what I hope creates a better Hereford!

lol Dippy - im really not that exciting, I just kinda know that Hereford is a good place.

Anyway - back to the point in Hand.

Can this retired copper point to anything, something, perhaps ONE thing that he has created or tried to create that has tried to make Hereford better?

Surely - for someone that is SO vocal about all the bad things, they must have tried somewhere to make things better.

Even if it didnt pan out - but at least tried?

Ill take one example right now.

lol Dippy - im really not that exciting, I just kinda know that Hereford is a good place.

Anyway - back to the point in Hand.

Can this retired copper point to anything, something, perhaps ONE thing that he has created or tried to create that has tried to make Hereford better?

Surely - for someone that is SO vocal about all the bad things, they must have tried somewhere to make things better.

Even if it didnt pan out - but at least tried?

Ill take one example right now.

This thread is about drunks outside the Church. It is certainly not about anything I have (or have not) contributed to the City where I was born. If you want to moan about me then create another topic! 

Ain't writing styles fascinating. If you look carefully enough and follow the styles of 'us' who like to tap, pretty much straight away you can work out what the tapper is like, what their philosophy is and whether or not you could possibly like them if you met them.

Take the mighty Dippy for example. I've been tapping alongside Dippy for years and like all of you, it's clear to read that Dippy is someone we could all easily like. I've met Dippy a bunch of times and as soon as I met this blogger I knew that the writing style had disclosed all I needed to know about Dippy. Dippy is truly a joy to read. Kind, conciliatory, never aggressive and always polite.

But we all ain't like that. I ain't and I wouldn't bloody wish to be. I've got my style, Im happy with it, its who I am and from time to time it does bring me I to conflict with others.

My most recent set to, and there have been many was with my good colleague Aylestone Voice. This blogger took a swing at me, I reacted, we sort of fell out and then one day Aylestone Voice had written a piece that had me tied to the High Town Bull weeping because the new development was attracting a lot of shoppers. Of course, this 'piece' was brilliantly written and it stopped me sulking over whatever it was that made me take a swing at him. This is the way of things I think. We gather together on these sites, post our views and from time to time we fall out.

The latest and not the last slice of friction that has revealed itself upon these pages is the interesting and frankly enjoyable battle between my good friend Stupidfrustration and our Roger, who because of their writing styles, have clearly displayed a need on both sides to beat oneanother to death with a heavy and blunt instrument.

But, both these bloggers are good people who because of a issue of writing styles, now want to battle it out. Despite the fact that they do not know oneanother, its unlikely they ever will and neither of the protagonists really wish the other harm, they appear intent upon fighting it out. And why? Because ones writing style is getting on the nerves of another who's writing style is very different and now because of a sequence of vowels and consonants strung together in a particular way we now have a 'war' of sorts.

Of course, with great respect to all, its a pointless excercise and good people like Stupidfrustration and Roger, me and Aylestone Voice should never go to war because we get on oneanothers nerves.

Take Roger. This is a chap who served our community for thirty years, never sought to leave the bottom of the foodchain, get promoted and stop doing Police work, worked extremely hard, faced the pain and distress of dealing with a conveyor belt of shoplifters and after thirty years, hung up his whistle and stopped doing what he had been doing for three decades.

Now take Stupidfrustration. This is one mightily impressive blogger who clearly is in a position of authority, well informed and who's writing style tells me that we are fortunate to have with us. I've pretty much worked out who this blogger is and its someone who is a credit to our City and a relentless opponent to the wrongs that are currently being poured over our heads by this unholy and chaotic Council Cabinet. Stupidfrustration is probably the most influential amongst us and wild horses won't get me to reveal who I think he or she is.

So why are they at loggerheads? Could it be that Roger is cynical? Probably I think. But, if we'd walked in his shoes, done thirty years dealing with all of our problems, perhaps we'd become cynical. Is Stupidfrustration being unfair to Roger? I think so, but, and this is the thing, when you spend every hour of the day battling to make our communities better, its no wonder that from time to time your kettle boils and you tell someone who's writing style you don't like to 'get stuffed'. If I was up against what Stupidfrustration is up against Im pretty sure I'd be telling Roger to get stuffed.

Of course the whole thing is pointless. It's as pointless as me fishing the Wye for barbel and listening to the endless, mind numbing dross that my fellow fishermen churn out when they want to outdo the rubbish that another has churned out whilst discussing the scale patterns of the barbel. Sometimes I sit there watching my quiver tip whispering to our Lord and Saviour, 'please Lord deliver me away from this sh.ite that's become my daily existence'. Of course, nothing bloody happens. Everyday I go down to the river and every day I listen to the rubbish and regret that I didn't bring with me a razor blade to open my veins and end the misery of it all.

Stop bickering. No more. Pull yourselves together and end this squabble!

Ubique, on 09 Jul 2014 - 11:19, said:

Well said Bobby.

+1

Now, can we all get down to the serious business of reporting any teenagers we see wearing jeans and trainers to crimestoppers or the boys and girls in blue- that description, even after several weeks should enable a speedy arrest.

Course, when you're King, you can say these things can't you. It's expected of you. It's part of the job ain't it! I didn't get to become King by accident. I emerged from the pack and the howling mob because I could spot a rotter and a ninny and articulate what the bewildered, the deluded and the irrational thinkers were unable to say. That's why I became King.

Mind, being King aint all its cracked up to be. My 'inbox' for example. Particularly on Facebook. I ain't King on there. Far from it. There are good folk out there, folk who can spot a fool when they read one and moreoften than not, I open my inbox and read their views of me and my writing style.

Good grief they can get angry! They say, 'you sir are a rotter, a stinker, a ninny, a liar', and worse, 'you are a wan.ker'. My response, particularly toward the latter is, 'how do you know these things'.

I mean, they must know that I masturbate. How else would they be able to claim that I am a wan.ker. It's either a wild stab in the dark or Im being watched. Whichever it is, I'd like to know how they know these things about me. Masturbation isn't something you do openly is it? You'd be an odd sort of fish if you suddenly started masturbating whilst fishing, talking with friends in the pub or waiting in a queue to get your large mixed kebab. Masturbation is a kind of solitary thing isn't it. You tend to keep it private, disappear into a tiny room and masturbate. It's rarely done when folk are present and you've an audience. With the exemption of perhaps six occasions where I've chosen to masturbate amongst folk who diligently recycle their rubbish, I can't think of any reason why these people would know and be certain that I masturbate.

It's not like you tell people is it. I mean, when the wife shouts, 'darling Im home. Where are you', you don't say, 'Hello sweetie. I'll be down in a moment. Im just masturbating up in the attic'. Of course you don't. It's a private thing isn't it. You keep it to yourself, you do it alone and under no circumstances do you say to your mates, 'I've been masturbating. Who's for another pint'.

No! I'm convinced that these folk who dislike my writing style are just guessing. Unless of course they ain't guessing and Im under surveillance by the Council and they've disclosed their findings to a source who's then put it out into the public domain in an effort to destroy me and out me as a wan.ker.

Good Lord!!

Today had all the ingredients for being truly awful.....yet here I am, half past two, the sun is shining and I switch on my lap top to find not one, but two posts from Bobby.....both have put a smile on my face!!

This day is getting better by the minute!!

Well said. This is about street drinkers, the why's, how's and when...

This is not about personalities or the Baptist Church so lets debate and move on.AND change the header to homeless problem street drinkers

You don't have to be homeless to have a drink problem

You don't have to be homeless to have a drink problem

Agreed, but Bilbo's right. This is about street-drinking rough sleepers, or at a push rough-sleeping street drinkers, and not about the poor Baptists who are trying to help these unfortunates. As an aside, I see that the bushes outside the Baptist Church have been cut back to give more natural surveillance to the area. Good idea.

Interesting article over at HT.

Hereford Cops To "Take Back The Streets."

It would seem a multi agency approach has been operational for the past two weeks.....Operation Castlemaine.

Sounds as if different groups are really pulling together, to make a positive and lasting difference.

Apologies for not being able to provide a handy link!!

What a load of rubbish. I've read it. 'Take back the streets'. My God! They truly believe they are stars in their own little movie. 'Take back the streets'. To many police programmes. To many cliches and far to many people sat there doing nothing that results in this. 'Take back the streets', which of course implies that the streets were once lost, which means they allowed it to be lost and consequently an admission that buggar all was done before they decided to do something and take back the streets.

Bloody rubbish! And just to make sure 'we' become overjoyed with this dynamic pile of urine, they give it a name. Bloody Castlemaine. Good grief! Castlemaine. As if they're the source of all our woes. Why not call it something more akin to the truth. Operation Shops that are taking the pi.ss out of our hospitality and steal from our Country. That'd get my attention. That'd get me thinking, 'hi up. Something's going to get done'.

The problem is entirely down to only a tiny number of people who ain't really a great problem being sold booze by proprietors who run shops that don't pay duty. Mix that ups with a Police Service who ain't been doing their job properly and you've got this, Operation Castlemaine and we are going to take back your streets.

Get stuffed! The streets were never lost, will never be lost and its highly unlikely that a gimmick like this will convince me that they ever got close to being lost. It ain't difficult. Get out of the cars, off the bikes, out of the offices and simply talk to people. That's it. It ain't to difficult.

Mind, when its uninteresting stuff, the boring stuff and the stuff that you can't possibly become interested in, these areas of Police work get ignored and shoved on the back burner and left ignored. Take Back The Streets! Good grief!