£3m of Amey disputed items unresolved

Biomech

With reference to this article that I know a number of you have read. 

"MORE than £3m of disputed items remain to be resolved over Herefordshire Councils service provision contract with Amey which ended last month."

http://www.herefordtimes.com/news/local/10711892.More_than___3m_of____disputed_items____remain_unresolved_over_council___s_contract_with_Amey/

Am I to understand that Amey owes "us" £3million.... however..... they bailed the council out at a cost of 2 million previously so they will be paying back around £1million to the council? £885k + £166k

("The council currently expects some £885k of income from Amey - for which provision has been made in the previous years outturns - and additional expectation of £166k for the five months to August 31").

Yeah, but it says there's £3m of outstaning work and that Amey bailed out the council to the tune of £2m... then it says the council are expecting just over £1m back from Amey...... so, the way I read it, Amey are paying back the council for work that they didn't do, minus the bailout cost at the start (2006?)

• 1 year later...