Its a sad state of affairs yes, but I'm sure they chose the OLM for a commercial reason knowing they will get far more footfall. As for high town, until it is rejuvenated and the council make a substantial  effort to attract businesses and investment to high town, I do not blame any business for choosing the OLM instead. 

You really expect the council to care about High Town? The council cares about very little unless it suits them. They say anbout cuts, but they do not cut their wages.

politicians the world over and yet they expect us to trust them.,

Well interestingly enough those stalls you mentioned included a good few charity groups and support organisations like West Midlands Ambulance Service community first responders and Hereford Health Watch. They have to attract support somewhere so why not High Town even though many people like yourself have no interest. Crikey if you think High Town doesn't have the room then most towns and cities are doomed. I've never known a UK precinct area so big. On line shopping has done for many a High Street so by shopping online we are all sentencing our town centres who have to change their presentation as to adapt to our new 21st Century shopping trends.

As for new business retail start-ups well if you want it to work you go where the footfall is and that's OLM until the council provides incentives to encourage old town occupancy.

So I agree with drawlings and will continue to visit Old Town and OLM.

Well interestingly enough those stalls you mentioned included a good few charity groups and support organisations like West Midlands Ambulance Service community first responders and Hereford Health Watch. They have to attract support somewhere so why not High Town even though many people like yourself have no interest. Crikey if you think High Town doesn't have the room then most towns and cities are doomed. I've never known a UK precinct area so big. On line shopping has done for many a High Street so by shopping online we are all sentencing our town centres who have to change their presentation as to adapt to our new 21st Century shopping trends.

As for new business retail start-ups well if you want it to work you go where the footfall is and that's OLM until the council provides incentives to encourage old town occupancy.

So I agree with drawlings and will continue to visit Old Town and OLM.

Quite agree.

I shop and visits restaurants in City center and Old Market,whinging about the Old Market with quotes like I'll never step in there....Really,get a grip and get a life.cannot wait for Beefy boys to open.

If you want to see and have a taste of what they have to offer then you can find them every Thursday at the Left Bank

I go across the whole of the city centre - new and old. Actually there is plenty going on retail wise in the High Town area - Boots, M&S, HMV, Lakeland, WH Smith and Church Street to name a few. The regular market and stalls etc are an excellent addition. But then some people will never be content.

One advantage of the OLM is that you tend to see people who appear happy and have little chance of coming across the moaning minority who are never ending in their criticism. If Hereford does not do anything for you then for goodness sake either move somewhere else or at least stop complaining on here.

Edit - well complain on here if you want but move onto another subject. :Happy_32:

I go across the whole of the city centre - new and old. Actually there is plenty going on retail wise in the High Town area - Lakeland

I've never been in. I don't actually know what it sells but it's stuck in a Street that is the epitome of neglect and shabbiness. 

I go across the whole of the city centre - new and old. Actually there is plenty going on retail wise in the High Town area - Boots, M&S, HMV, Lakeland, WH Smith and Church Street to name a few. The regular market and stalls etc are an excellent addition. But then some people will never be content.

One advantage of the OLM is that you tend to see people who appear happy and have little chance of coming across the moaning minority who are never ending in their criticism. If Hereford does not do anything for you then for goodness sake either move somewhere else or at least stop complaining on here.

Edit - well complain on here if you want but move onto another subject. :Happy_32:

Well said