Exodus from the Hereford Times

bobby47

My God! I've just this minute logged in and I can see that there are a whole bunch of H.T. Posters who've registered with Colin James and the good people of Belmont Voice.
To those who don't pay any attention to the Hereford Times Posters, and personally speaking I can't blame you, we've gone on strike.
Our demands were to not pay us, give us no fringe benefits, treat us with the contempt we all deserved and reinstate one of our comrades who'd been banished into the ether.
The management of the Hereford Times had no difficulty whatsoever in agreeing to the first three demands but alas, thus far, they have refused to release the rotting corpse of our fellow poster who was thrown off the site and allow him/her to be reinstated.
Untill they reinstate this poster or at the very least post us his finger, a toe or better still, his right clubbed foot, we have downed tools, not that we have any, and are refusing to post. Sadly for the good people of Belmont Voice, the banished poster and his/her colleagues have built there nest here amongst you.

Flamboyant, Hello mate. Biomech has registered here today. I'm hoping he/ she will let us know what's going on. As for the 'strike' action, it continues until the Management meet our demands or slip me a backhander resulting in me selling you all down the river and crossing my own picket line. My warmest regards.

I totally agree. We can always debate the headlines on here instead. Not much more effort required and who knows the administrators might even start their own newspaper call it something like 'Not the Hereford Times' and I'm loving the faces :tongue_32: so much better than the thumbs down! With a bit of luck William Rudd won't find us! Lol

I don't know if an exodus is the answer Bobby... my brain is out on that one at the moment.

On the one hand, it reduces their exposure and reader count. On the other hand, it gags those of us who don't want to put up with their crap.

I've also come to the conclusion that a good number of the thumbs down are at the hands of HT themselves as a means to discredit peoples comments without deleting them and causing poster outrage. Like a lame mans attempt at manipulating social acceptance. As we all know, it's a lot easier to get people to follow a crowd than it is to stand up, stand out and cause a problem ;)

Me? I like the Hereford Times and I like the site. I've got no problem with the Management and I've nothing but praise for the way they have shone a light upon the shadowy dealings of this unholy Council. I believed it was wrong to exclude you and still do. That said, you are a pain in the backside and you have orchestrated your own downfall because you can't say or do anything without causing bloody chaos and controversy.

Me? I like the Hereford Times and I like the site. I've got no problem with the Management and I've nothing but praise for the way they have shone a light upon the shadowy dealings of this unholy Council. I believed it was wrong to exclude you and still do. That said, you are a pain in the backside and you have orchestrated your own downfall because you can't say or do anything without causing bloody chaos and controversy.

I don't expect people to always agree with my opinions, all I ask is that people engage their brains and not deny basic logic and facts :)

Belmont Voice is attracting people with something to say and when an issue is raised it remains posted here for further comment. Unfortunately the Hereford Times cuts comments and drops issues when it suits them. I do not think their new comment format helpful on their website. Belmont Voice can carry photos to illustrate your points (a picture is worth a thousand words) and you can link to other sources of information to support your view very easily.

Belmont Voice is a marvellous site and something Colin can be proud of. I feel it should cover the city, as what applies here in South Wye generally concerns or involves the remaining wards of Hereford.

Belmont Voice is attracting people with something to say and when an issue is raised it remains posted here for further comment. Unfortunately the Hereford Times cuts comments and drops issues when it suits them. I do not think their new comment format helpful on their website. Belmont Voice can carry photos to illustrate your points (a picture is worth a thousand words) and you can link to other sources of information to support your view very easily.

Belmont Voice is a marvellous site and something Colin can be proud of. I feel it should cover the city, as what applies here in South Wye generally concerns or involves the remaining wards of Hereford.

What I like about this site is that if a topic drops off the main page simply because newer stories have appeared you can still click on the navigate tab at the top and go into any of the forums, then reply again to an old topic and it then bumps that topic back to the front page.

I think Colin could extend this site to cover the whole of Hereford and I agree with Martin (megilleland) on that.

I actually had planned something like that myself - a city wide, free for all forum, I have a couple of domains lined up. However, after seeing how much effort Colin puts into this site I might just have to curtail that a bit. Maybe turn it into a parody site :P

I actually had planned something like that myself - a city wide, free for all forum, I have a couple of domains lined up. However, after seeing how much effort Colin puts into this site I might just have to curtail that a bit. Maybe turn it into a parody site :P

I think Colin was thinking about extending the forums to cover all of Hereford sometime ago, I think if he did that it would be really good.

If you are asking me why I left the HT posting , the reason is simple - it's not a paper which truly serves its Community - my recent example is as follows - I have registered with the West. Mercia Police to receive their public circulations ( blogtrott s ) their most recent one related to an assault at Yates in Commercial Rd. Hereford. The Police were seeking information of an assault apparently involving the groups involved which happened earlier the same evening.

I received this circulation , checked the HT report on this incident. 7 lines on nothing. - no mention of seeking witnesses to the assault that the Police were interested in - so I copied and pasted the below - guess what - I have been deleted without explanation , and no further comments allowed. This is from a " newspaper " that was blowing its oun trumpet about being complemented by a Crown Court Judge for publicising a Court case.

Witness Appeal Following City Centre Assaults - Hereford

Police in Hereford are appealing for witnesses following an assault at a city centre bar, in which two men were injured.

The incident took place just before 11pm on Thursday, 15 August, at Yates’s on Commercial Road.

One of the injured men received a fractured skull after being assaulted outside the venue by another man. This man was part of a larger group involved in an earlier altercation inside the bar between the victim and his group of friends.

During that previous altercation, one of the victim’s friends was also assaulted and received facial injuries.

PC Ashley North is investigating the assault. He said: “We arrested three men in connection with this incident shortly after it was reported to us. Those men have since been released on police bail while we continue our inquiries.

“We are now specifically appealing for witnesses to the earlier altercation and assault, which both took place inside the bar.

“The victim was assaulted on the dance floor and then at the top of the stairs. If you were in Yates’s at the time and saw what happened, please call us on 0300 333 3000 quoting reference 719-S-150813.

“People can also pass on information anonymously via the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.â€

For a paper that demands its users don't discuss details of news, they're very quick to sensationalise and name people who commit crimes - such as that guy who was sentenced for "Raping a child". Whilst lacking any details, now that could have been the 19 year having consensual sex with a 15 year old the day before her 16 birthday, which would certainly be frowned upon, but they come in guns blazing with "raping a child". I mean it could have been an horrific attack or consensual and "statutory rape", the thing is - we don't know the circumstances because they never published any details.

If that were a user who commented such things they would be deleted and threatened.

The HT clearly gets emotionally involved with certain posts and we know for a fact that they have a history of writing articles, that readers feel are pointless, about their friends.

The Hereford Times is very clearly a biased publication and an emotionally involved, biased news source is not something I'm a particular fan of.

(ever notice how the TV news readers go from serious, child beaten to death news to smiley happy news in an instant? - professionalism and emotional detachment)