Great Western Way Drainage Problem

megilleland

Amey need to sort out the drainage on Great Western Way just past Barton Road bridge on the left hand bend. The drain under the mud is completely blocked and the last lot of rain completely blocked the path and people had great difficulty in passing this point for a couple of days.

It’s a disgrace that individuals have to spend time and resources continually logging what are routine maintenance items, only for the best part for them to be ignored. Its clear to me that all pretence of routine maintenance was abandoned under Amey. Blocked gullies are just one item - simple to keep clear, but, left blocked, standing water erodes kerbs, freezes, breaks up the road surface and a £100 job becomes a £1000 or £10000 job. I see it all over the county when I'm out cycling. I've logged dozens and dozens of blocked gullies - not a single one cleared. A 100m stretch of the Worcester road is now completely breaking up as a direct result of blocked gullies. Council Officers controlling Amey are simply failing to do their job. Why won't Councillors bring them to account?

• 1 month later...

Disgraceful - not much of an encouragement to walk and cycle is it? There are blocked gullies everywhere you look - its been out of sight, just take the money for Amey through the summer period and now they're gone with, no doubt, all records of complaints binned. Whenever I ask what are councillors doing to bring their contractors to book I get no reply.