Supporting Councillors who deserve support.

bobby47

During the latter part of 2012, Colin James invited Hereford Times Posters to register with Belmont Voice. For one reason or another, I became the only blogger from the Times to register and take part in your wonderful social platform.

Three things struck me when I first visited these pages. Firstly, you all are part of a truly wonderful tool that allows you to discuss and resolve the issues that directly affect your neighbourhood. Secondly, Megilleland was here who I know is a prolific blogger and thirdly and finally, how lucky you all were to have Councillors regularly contributing to your discussions.

In this day and age, it's no easy task to get elected Councillors to emerge from their burrows and say something that might come back to bite them, yet, Belmont Voice was fortunate to have two Councillors, namely Bridges and Powell who contributed toward the issues affecting their constituents.

In the case of Councillor Glenda Powell, I was astonished at how much she contributed toward her community and this social forum and its fair to say that I have always been impressed by her dedication, her hard working ethic and her willingness to address any problem and give it her best shot.

You might be thinking, ' sounds like this fool Bobby47 is a close friend of Councillor Powell's. Well, truly and truthfully, I've never met this Councillor, I've no idea whether or not she and I would share the same political values and I've no idea whether she and I could become friends.

However, what I do know is that for the past twelve months, bloggers on the Hereford Times have been objecting to our current ruling elite and we desperately wanted to find Councillors who spoke their mind, were not afraid to emerge from their burrows and could evidence that they worked hard for their constituents.

During my visits to these pages I have genuinely been impressed with the industry and hard working ethic of Councillor Powell and her willingness to grasp a stinging nettle and do something. Not talk about it. Not hold a meeting. Not waffle and flower things up that are meaningless and of no help, but to actually, get on and do the job.

It seems to me that Councillor Glenda Powell displays all the attributes of a public servant who gives her very best and she deserves a little help and recognition for her hard work.

Why am I mentioning all this? Well, through rumour, the grapevine and some inside knowledge, I have learned that some Councillors have orchestrated a complaint against Councillor Powell. Apparently, because of an issue relating to an old thread of news on BV sanctions are being sought to reprimand Councillor Powell because she took hold of a complaint by a constituent, she ran with it, did something which was to the annoyance of her fellow Council colleagues and failed to follow protocols.

Some might say this has been done because Councillor numbers are to be reduced and by getting rid of Councillor Powell it's one less Councillor to cull and safeguards the survival of others.

Me? I think all of this has been done in haste. I think those who have wielded the knife may feel that their actions were somewhat hasty and unwise.

Whatever the reasons, I would like those involved to end this farce and concentrate on the issues that are important to us all. Holding this bloody Council to account for all the money they have wasted on gimmicks and pointless schemes that have brought about our fiscal ruin.

In an effort to support Councillor Powell , I respectfully request that all the Belmont Voice Posters who have reason to be grateful to her contribution to this forum and her constituency, you simply note this message and state that you appreciate her hard work.

My very warmest regards to you all.

Well nothing surprises me Bobby, a lot are just out for themselves. I would personally like to thank Councillor Powell and Councillor Bridges for both joining in the debates.

Councillor Powell has often been very active as is a valued Councillor in my opinion. :Thumbs-Up:

Thank you so much Frank and Alex. Your kind words will give some heart to our battered and bruised Councillor Glenda Powell.

There is always someone Bobby in the wings trying to trip someone else up, not quite sure what she is supposed to of said or done, but she has upset someone with nothing better to do than moan I am sure. I bet its nothing serious at the end of the day, certainly not worth worrying about. Councillor Powell has her heart in the right place to be fair to her.

Well done Bill. Good lad. You are right. It's absolutely nothing but this 'nothing' that we think of as 'nothing', became very important to those who wielded the knife.

They must have stewed upon this 'nothing' before they took their first step. Demanding Councillor Powell apologise and then demanding our Colin James, the very man who's done such a great deal for his community and us, to close the thread of news relating to Northolme Football pitch and demanding the comments all be deleted.

I would imagine, Colin James being the man I think he is, looked at the comments on this thread of news and concluded, 'it's nothing. I ain't censoring free speech to please a couple of Councillors who choose to be offended by nothing.

Now, a bunch of public money, that we no longer have, is going to be thrown at this issue. They'll have their hearing, all at our expense, they'll talk grandly about this 'nothing' and how Councillor Powell should have held a meeting instead of sorting it out, and at the very end, some Chair person will say, 'this is bloody nothing', why have we gathered here today, at the publics expense to please a couple of elected officials who have become very jealous of Councillor Powell. Complaint dismissed.

Once again Bill, thank you so much for your kind words.

Well done Bill. Good lad. You are right. It's absolutely nothing but this 'nothing' that we think of as 'nothing', became very important to those who wielded the knife.

They must have stewed upon this 'nothing' before they took their first step. Demanding Councillor Powell apologise and then demanding our Colin James, the very man who's done such a great deal for his community and us, to close the thread of news relating to Northolme Football pitch and demanding the comments all be deleted.

I would imagine, Colin James being the man I think he is, looked at the comments on this thread of news and concluded, 'it's nothing. I ain't censoring free speech to please a couple of Councillors who choose to be offended by nothing.

Now, a bunch of public money, that we no longer have, is going to be thrown at this issue. They'll have their hearing, all at our expense, they'll talk grandly about this 'nothing' and how Councillor Powell should have held a meeting instead of sorting it out, and at the very end, some Chair person will say, 'this is bloody nothing', why have we gathered here today, at the publics expense to please a couple of elected officials who have become very jealous of Councillor Powell. Complaint dismissed.

Once again Bill, thank you so much for your kind words.

Your actually correct Bobby in my response, however, I am intrigued as to how you know what was asked of me with regard to a apparent offending thread? As I never published any of this information.

I am a massive believer in freedom of speech and this is a forum, I will not bow to any demands or requests to remove threads, we are all personally responsible for what we post.

Hello Colin, There is no need for you to be intrigued my good friend. The information I act upon is to be found in public houses from disgruntled staff of this Council who, like you, me and everyone else, are dismayed at the antics of this unholy bloody Council.

Your cameo role in this chain of events was relayed to me as, 'the man who runs Belmont Voice'. The rest, I was able to piece together through tittle tattle, rumour and more leaked information via disgruntled Council employee's.

Hello Colin, There is no need for you to be intrigued my good friend. The information I act upon is to be found in public houses from disgruntled staff of this Council who, like you, me and everyone else, are dismayed at the antics of this unholy bloody Council.

Your cameo role in this chain of events was relayed to me as, 'the man who runs Belmont Voice'. The rest, I was able to piece together through tittle tattle, rumour and more leaked information via disgruntled Council employee's.

Thank you Bobby for your swift reply, I also have noted that some comments have been made in the minutes of BRPC minutes. I was asked to keep my conversation private and have done so, but clearly BRPC have not...It would of been courteous for them to of informed me and also I notice that they have childishly removed the link back to our website here even though they had initially agreed, so it seems that if you do not do what they want they do odd things like this...Hmmm I am now going to contact someone at the Hereford Times for a brief discussion and also take legal advice as I am now being discriminated against by them removing their link, even though our link to their site remains in place. We as members of the public are funding the BRPC website aren't we....

Thank you Bobby for your swift reply, I also have noted that some comments have been made in the minutes of BRPC minutes. I was asked to keep my conversation private and have done so, but clearly BRPC have not...It would of been courteous for them to of informed me and also I notice that they have childishly removed the link back to our website here even though they had initially agreed, so it seems that if you do not do what they want they do odd things like this...Hmmm I am now going to contact someone at the Hereford Times for a brief discussion and also take legal advice as I am now being discriminated against by them removing their link, even though our link to their site remains in place. We as members of the public are funding the BRPC website aren't we....

Nice of the BRPC to inform you of the outcome Colin, I hardly see how your at fault here or does freedom of speech not exist within the BRPC? :Thumbs-Down:

There is always someone Bobby in the wings trying to trip someone else up, not quite sure what she is supposed to of said or done, but she has upset someone with nothing better to do than moan I am sure. I bet its nothing serious at the end of the day, certainly not worth worrying about. Councillor Powell has her heart in the right place to be fair to her.

You are probably not far from the truth here Bill, I think there is an agenda to get rid of Councillor Powell, always has been in my opinion.

Hello Alex, Thank you so much for taking an interest. Find the Archive for Open Forum and then fiddle about and search for a topic relating to Northolme Football Pitch. Once you've found it, its all fairly self explanatory. My very warmest regards to you and all who have taken an interest in this worrying issue.

• Guests
Guest smartieno1

Oi Colin....don't ever waste your money feeding the greedy legal vultures...they charge loads for doing very little and achieve even less

Simply complain to the Monitoring Officer at Herefordshire Council John Jones......(but dont expect much from him either cos he's a right joker)