The Right Worshipful the Mayor of Hereford, Councillor Phil Edwards

Colin James

• 3 weeks later...

I am somewhat surprised he dare wear these robes when he said it was all a waste of time a while back...but don't take my word for it, read what they have written in the Hereford Times in response to Mr Edwards letter to the paper, its quiet amusing, like taking a lamb to the slaughter :Winky: 
Read the comments in the Hereford Times

Phil, Take no notice of the Hereford Times Posters. None of them, particularly me, know anything about anything. They are a gathering of fools if my words are worth a jot of notice.

You look lovely in your costume and with luck, good fortune and a sprinkling of patience from the rate paying public, you'll have a great twelve months, drinking, eating and travelling at our expense.

And as for those who have pointed out your past views about the Mayor's office and the wearing of the lovely costume, and it is a lovely costume, you'd be a fool to say it wasn't, ignore them. There is nothing wrong in blind naked ambition and a desire to see your name on a plaque alongside your dear old Great Uncle Albert.

For my part, anyone who is prepared to slide their limbs into the Mayor's tight britches and walk amongst us dressed in the lovely costume is a man who is prepared to sacrifice his personal dignity in pursuit of fame and local celebrity. That, in itself tells me two things. Firstly you are a man. And secondly you are prepared to dress up. There, I've said it and anyone who takes a different view to mine, disagrees with me.

Phil, Take no notice of the Hereford Times Posters. None of them, particularly me, know anything about anything. They are a gathering of fools if my words are worth a jot of notice.
You look lovely in your costume and with luck, good fortune and a sprinkling of patience from the rate paying public, you'll have a great twelve months, drinking, eating and travelling at our expense.
And as for those who have pointed out your past views about the Mayor's office and the wearing of the lovely costume, and it is a lovely costume, you'd be a fool to say it wasn't, ignore them. There is nothing wrong in blind naked ambition and a desire to see your name on a plaque alongside your dear old Great Uncle Albert.
For my part, anyone who is prepared to slide their limbs into the Mayor's tight britches and walk amongst us dressed in the lovely costume is a man who is prepared to sacrifice his personal dignity in pursuit of fame and local celebrity. That, in itself tells me two things. Firstly you are a man. And secondly you are prepared to dress up. There, I've said it and anyone who takes a different view to mine, disagrees with me.

I have just spat my coffee all over my keyboard in laughter :Grin: