European Union.

bobby47

Ours is the greatest Country in the World. Deep down of course I do know that this is not so but it's what I believe and I am proud to be British. Weve given the World many wonderful things such as a language, our culture, the arts and democracy. Weve also given the World a bucket load of things that perhaps we shouldn't be to proud of but, that said, our Nation and the fabric that binds us together is really something special and we are fortunate to be able to say we are British.

From my aforementioned comments you'd be right to conclude I have the little islander mentality and I make no appologise for this view of my own Nation. But, I am not inward thinking, I do understand the new world order and I am not keen to get out of Europe. On the contrary, if things were right and as they should be for me and my Country men and women, Id want to stay in the EU.

But, sadly they are no longer right and to the long term benefit of my Grandchildren and having voted in the last European referendum in the 70's I can say that this union has drifted to a place where I no longer see as a place I am keen to be amongst.

For most people who are described as Euro sceptics, at the very heart of their frustration is the scale and vastness of the influx of millions of people from other EU countries and the cost that this places upon our public services which our Nation paid for and which is now available to anyone who settles here.

In January of 2015 the conundrum of Romania and Bulgaria will be placed upon our doorstep and possibly millions will arrive in search of a better life and our public services will be called upon to care for these people. This is not a difficult economic problem. We cannot afford to care for anymore people who choose to come to our Country.

The public services that we have and we often take completely for granted are there because of the efforts and price paid by our ancestors. These things were not easily won and we should think hard about balancing our desire to be seen as welcoming and our need to care for our own.

The cost to us now is overwhelming and the future cost may mean that our public services will no longer be available because of the huge strains placed upon our economy by the free movement of people who understandably seek a better life.

For me, if there were renogiated conditions which resulted in controlled and capped immigration I'd vote to stay in the Union. However, if as I fear no agreement could be reached then Im for leaving the European Union and regaining control of our own destiny.

The economic problems that would result from our departure from the EU are many but, our trade freedoms would allow us an open door to the emerging markets around the World and we would not be tied by Brussels and their autocratic rules that limit the level of our trading with the emerging markets of the World.

Ive no doubt that to leave would be a huge step to take but I know my Country and I know that our spirit would see us prosper in the future.

How would you use your vote?

As a member state of the EU we are not the only country to open our doors to Romanian & Bulgarian nationals & although I really do not have an issue with that, I do think we need to say sorry but we are full at the moment, it's no different to a nightclub, your all welcome until we are full then as people leave more are allowed to enter, I mean at what point do we say enough is enough?

Like Ive said Mick, I actually have no desire to come out of the EU but we have to have adequate services to cater for the people who come here and, at the moment, we ain't got them.

A simple issue like housing for example. These people arrive and there are no houses for them to live in and so when they do get a Council home or Rented accommodation it's turned into an *** and you end up with a house containing twenty or more people who can't get proper housing.

The knock on effect with just this single issue is that this *** generates twenty or so bin bags which means the Refuse Collection staff have to work harder to service that one single dwelling. Thats just one single knock on effect that this policy produces. Then, because there's a housing shortage, landlords see a way to exploit these people so they put the rents up which means the property market becomes infected by this strange dynamic and renting or buying becomes more expensive and difficult for everyone.

And in the bloody meantime the poor old Polish people cop the flack for the madness that our bloody political leaders have spoon fed us up.

A simple issue like housing for example. These people arrive and there are no houses for them to live in and so when they do get a Council home or Rented accommodation it's turned into an *** and you end up with a house containing twenty or more people who can't get proper housing.

The knock on effect with just this single issue is that this *** generates twenty or so bin bags which means the Refuse Collection staff have to work harder to service that one single dwelling.

Have you seen this video of an american professor lecturing students regarding arithmetic, population and energy. The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function. He explains all.

Truthfully, when I clicked it on and saw how long the video was I cursed you and thought I'd just give it five minutes. But, his machine gun style and his rapid fire delivery of facts relating to this issue was bloody brilliant and his story relating to the grains of rice on a chess board blew me away.