Welcome!

Be sure to register in order to take full advantage of all of the awesome features this forum has!

Photo
* * * * * 11 votes

Sign Petition 'Turn Off Lights At Asda Junction Hereford'

Traffic Asda

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Colin James

Colin James

Administrator

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • LocationHereford

Posted 05 October 2012

I have created an online petition to turn off the traffic lights at the Asda junction in Hereford (Where the A465 meets the A49) as the traffic flows much better when they are off!!
if you agree, please register and sign the petition on the Herefordshire Council's website

Click Here To Sign The Petition

This will only take you a minute, Do It today!!
ht1bsmall.jpg

#2 Frank Smith

Frank Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationHereford.

Posted 05 October 2012

All done :Thumbs-Up:

#3 megilleland

megilleland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 07 October 2012

I see you have got your petition up and running Colin, just added my name to it.

The Council has a lot of consultation on at the moment and members may be interested in responding to issues they are interested in.

The council's consultation page listing those currently active is here.

To quote the council this section provides you with information about past, present and future involvement activities and consultations by both Herefordshire Council and partner organisations. This includes both electronic consultations and more traditional involvement activities.

Giving you access to past, present and future consultations responds to one of the commitments in the Community Involvement Strategy, which is to be open and accountable to everyone living and working in Herefordshire about the information we have gathered through consultations, and how we have used this information to provide the best possible services in the County.

If you want to participate in electronic consultations, you will be required to register, using the links provided. All we require is a valid email address and your name, although further information will help us target future consultations more effectively and invite you, depending on the information you have given us about your particular interests, to participate in future consultations.

You are also able to access the results of closed consultations and find out what Herefordshire Council has done with the information gathered through consultations. By using the 'search' categories, you can search according to specific areas, target groups and dates of consultations.

All information you give us about yourself when registering will be treated in strictest confidence in line with our privacy policy.

#4 Colin James

Colin James

Administrator

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • LocationHereford

Posted 07 October 2012

You need to register on the Herefordshire Council's website then you need to browse petitions in this link http://councillors.h...istDisplay.aspx, select the petition and click sign. Any problems let me know and I will help you through it but it shouuld be pretty strsight forward, please share this link, the more people that we can get to sign the petition the better.

#5 M. Preece

M. Preece

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 October 2012

All signed and I have shared this link becasue this is a great idea, maybe the council will listen to you now Colin

#6 Mick

Mick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 October 2012

I have registered on the Herefrdshire Council website and signed the petition Colin, I have also signed the other 2 petitions.

#7 Roger

Roger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAylestone

Posted 10 October 2012

Can't see anything happening until the Highways Agency have spent £0.3M re-jigging the roundabout next year... 'A49/A465 Belmont Road junction, Hereford (map ref. 43)
Reduce congestion by realigning the junction and adding signals to account for local traffic movements to and from the supermarket and the A465.
Supports the Edgar Street Grid regeneration scheme and the Rotherwise Enterprise Zone. Supports the creation of 7,575 jobs and 3,300 homes by 2020.
Cost £0.3m. Starts 2013. Ends 2013.

http://www.highways.gov.uk/news/press-releases/170m-road-boost-for-local-economies/

Whether they will sort out the St. Martins Street lights I don't know. ie when you get stranded in the Leisure Pool at May Fair time ...

#8 Mick

Mick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 October 2012

Can't see anything happening until the Highways Agency have spent £0.3M re-jigging the roundabout next year... 'A49/A465 Belmont Road junction, Hereford (map ref. 43)
Reduce congestion by realigning the junction and adding signals to account for local traffic movements to and from the supermarket and the A465.
Supports the Edgar Street Grid regeneration scheme and the Rotherwise Enterprise Zone. Supports the creation of 7,575 jobs and 3,300 homes by 2020.
Cost £0.3m. Starts 2013. Ends 2013.

http://www.highways.gov.uk/news/press-releases/170m-road-boost-for-local-economies/

Whether they will sort out the St. Martins Street lights I don't know. ie when you get stranded in the Leisure Pool at May Fair time ...

This is interesting. I have signed the petition regardless Roger becasue traffic is definately easier when they are out of order.

#9 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 October 2012

All signed and shared with my friends :Thumbs-Up:

#10 Bill Thomas

Bill Thomas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationHereford

Posted 30 October 2012

Signed the petition and shared the link on twitter

#11 Tom Bates

Tom Bates

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationHereford

Posted 03 November 2012

All signed Colin

#12 H.Wilson

H.Wilson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 November 2012

I agree that the traffic is virtually all gone when the traffic lights are out of order, I have just signed this petition, lets hope the council take note.

#13 megilleland

megilleland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 09 November 2012

I have seen the signs put up on the railings asking people to sign the petition. Pity we couldn't get a message on the billboard just past the crossing, before Belmont Avenue, but no doubt cost a fortune.

#14 Colin James

Colin James

Administrator

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • LocationHereford

Posted 10 November 2012

I have seen the signs put up on the railings asking people to sign the petition. Pity we couldn't get a message on the billboard just past the crossing, before Belmont Avenue, but no doubt cost a fortune.

That would be ideal!! lol There are some bigger signs up now as the others are only A4 - If any of you have Facebook or Twiiter account please share the link and spread the word, unless we get the signatures nobody is going to act!! There is also a feature going into the Hereford Times, following a letter that I wrote to the editor and BBC Hereford & Worcester have also shown an interest.

#15 Colin James

Colin James

Administrator

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • LocationHereford

Posted 11 November 2012

Signs on the Belmont Rd seem to be working as there are a few more signatures now

#16 Bill Thomas

Bill Thomas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationHereford

Posted 12 November 2012

Signs on the Belmont Rd seem to be working as there are a few more signatures now

I noticed the signs over the weekend, brilliant idea! I have already signed the petition and spreading the word to my friends

Edited by Bill Thomas, 12 November 2012 .

#17 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 14 November 2012

I notice that the signature list is growning, now up to 50 signatures, well done keep up the good work. :Thumbs-Up:

#18 megilleland

megilleland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 14 November 2012

Colin maybe you could drop a line to the Hereford Taxi Association who say there are 263 registered taxis in the county and 583 badged drivers (news release 2011). It would be to their advantage to sign the petition

#19 megilleland

megilleland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 14 November 2012

Hello Colin. More support here in The Daily Telegraph today:

National Trust chairman calls for removal of traffic lights

Nearly all traffic lights should be removed from Britain’s roads because they cause more accidents, the chairman of the National Trust has said. Sir Simon Jenkins called for 90% of the signals to be “torn down”, describing them as a form of state control and claiming that they are dangerous and slow down motorists.

Read article here:

Edited by megilleland, 14 November 2012 .

#20 Colin James

Colin James

Administrator

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • LocationHereford

Posted 15 November 2012

I am a little disappointed with the article in this weeks Hereford Times on page 16, where is the link to the petition? I have also been misquoted which is equally as frustrating.

ht1b.jpg

I have written to the reporter this morning;

Hi Paul,

I am very disappointed that you have failed to enter the link to the petition on the Traffic Lights Feature, that was the whole point of writing to Fiona!

Could you kindly give me a call when you are free on 07880 740438. I did call earlier but they said that you were out for an hour. I have also been misquoted, as I never said anything about leaving them on at night time.

I am also surprised that you never linked it with this story;
http://www.herefordt...o_help_traffic/

speak soon

regards

Colin James

#21 Frank Smith

Frank Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationHereford.

Posted 15 November 2012

Colin I have just read the article in the Hereford Times, although they get the point across there is no link to the actual petition as you say, shame.

#22 jane1968

jane1968

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationHunderton Hereford

Posted 17 November 2012

I have signed the petition today. Good article in the Hereford Times this week Colin.

#23 Victor Wright

Victor Wright

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 November 2012

All signed! Traffic all day on the Belmont Road has been a nightmare! I saw your article in the Hereford times Colin, well done.

#24 Colin James

Colin James

Administrator

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • LocationHereford

Posted 22 November 2012

To be fair to the Hereford Times they have added another feature in this weeks paper with some interesting comments from the Councillor Graham Powell and a link to the website.

ht2a.jpg

#25 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 November 2012

That is a good write up again this week Colin. :Thumbs-Up:  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Traffic, Asda