Complete Incompetence!

Colin James

What the hell is wrong with Amey? Are they not capable of getting anything right? more importantly making things SAFE!

Apparently they have informed Cllr Powell that the dead posts are not hazardous...

I have heard back from Amey this morning in their opinion the posts are not hazzardous! and have been put in a program of work to be carried out JANUARY 2013, I have told them I DO NOT ACCEPT THIS TIMESCALE!!!! I also pointed out ALL works I have asked for to the Inspector from Amey that came out on a site visit / walk around of all of Newton Farm / GWW this morning.

Then we were told

I invited Amey inspector Neill Davies to come with me on my ward walkabout which he did last week, I have given him an extensive list of things to be done, and some have been done including some of the posts have been taken away as a start, I am going up onto the GWW in the next hour to check up there.

Then we were told

Amey has responded to my various requests 5 posts on GWW have been removed, and grass cut. tree in Muir Close been cut, hedges and dead tree removed in Waterfield Rd, hedges cut in Treago Grove, weeds hedges cut in Blakemore Close grass cut at the Oval. Further work is to be carried out in coming weeks in Newton Farm, Hunderton and down Belmont road from Clehonger turn coming forward.

Cllr Powell has also been informed that 5 posts from the GWW have been removed, well guess what? Only 1 post has been 'so called' removed but actually as you will see in the following images the 'non hazardous post' has now become extremely dangerous! As usual Amateur Amey are clearly not capable of doing this job properly, instead of REMOVING the post as you would expect, they have merely taken an angle grinder and cut it off near the base, which has now left a sharp dangerous piece of metal as you can see

dp1.jpg

I've been in touch with the Council about the incompetence of Amey in cutting the grass at Churchill Gardens. Or rather not cutting it. Photo's on the link: https://foursquare.c...59a7e1ad/photos

Their reply was that it was the fault of the grass for growing too quickly....

Class answer ha ha unreal Roger they really are

• 5 weeks later...

Update, I too reported many of the posts that are a potential hazard even including photos of these with the exact location.

Chasing up the outstanding works Amey intially claimed they had completed the works as previously reported by both myself and Councillor Powell. I have now taken Amey to task through Councillor Graham Powell - Cabinet Member for Education and infrastructure over not only the lack of actioning our reports / no feedback or timescales for completion,

There is also the claims work has been completed when in fact is has not and in many instances not we are also on many occasions never even giving a works order number to help us follow these up. So we have to then duplicate work.

I have to remind Amey that they are accountable to all our Council Tax Payers including the Councillors who pay thier salaries.

Also many job requests also get lost in their reporting system which ironically always seems to be the difficult to do ones.

If you do have any issues then please either post on the FORUM (pun not intended) or email myself with the details ie:- date of report / location and issue and I will find out where it is in the process of works.

abridges@herefordshire.gov.uk

Regards

Update, I too reported many of the posts that are a potential hazard even including photos of these with the exact location.

Chasing up the outstanding works Amey intially claimed they had completed the works as previously reported by both myself and Councillor Powell. I have now taken Amey to task through Councillor Graham Powell - Cabinet Member for Education and infrastructure over not only the lack of actioning our reports / no feedback or timescales for completion,

There is also the claims work has been completed when in fact is has not and in many instances not we are also on many occasions never even giving a works order number to help us follow these up. So we have to then duplicate work.

I have to remind Amey that they are accountable to all our Council Tax Payers including the Councillors who pay thier salaries.

Also many job requests also get lost in their reporting system which ironically always seems to be the difficult to do ones.

If you do have any issues then please either post on the FORUM (pun not intended) or email myself with the details ie:- date of report / location and issue and I will find out where it is in the process of works.

abridges@herefordshire.gov.uk

Regards

Yes Adrian a lot of items reported here have not been completed, dead posts being one of them. Larger keep clear signs on the Tesco roundabout have been promised and again nothing had been done about that either.