Road Traffic Signs Hidden From Overgrown Tree's & Bushes

Victor Wright

I have just driven into the City from the Abergavenny side and a lot of the road signs are hidden becasue of overgrown tree's and bushes, in particular in the roundabout sign on the left just after the Haywood Lane turning heading in towards Hereford, you cannot see it until you are more or less on it becasue the tree's are so overgrown, the same with quite a few of the road signs. All along the main road the tree's seem to have got out of hand, it will not be long before we have a canopy formed, can these not all be cut back? it looks a right mess coming into town, this continues all down the Belmont Road to the iron bridge.

I have written to Herefordshire Council Highways manager & Amey this week about the trees along the A465 into Hereford also about trees in Newton Farm and on GWW asking for them to be cut back and weeds removed so that we can see the traffic signs. We have a lot of accidents on A465 is it any wonder!I have reminded them that the birds have finished nesting so there is no reason for them not to be cut.