Colin James

I was at the post office early this morning and noticed these WEEDS! I have no words...
ovalweeds.jpg

How tall? how long they been here?

What I find very strange is that thousands of pounds of public money is spent on

'Brand New Shiny Notice Boards' (That I am sure nobody reads) yet, within only 4 metres of one of these notice boards we have MASSIVE weeds that nobody has botherd to have removed? Hmmm oh well, maybe it's just me...

It is no wonder that the Oval is described as a dump. Priorities are all wrong and yes I also think the the notice boards were a complete and utter waste of money. They still have those old blue South Wye ones in place, that nobody has ever maintained, they look a state and in my opinion should of been removed long ago.  :Angry:

In regard to the grass cutting / weeds around the Oval I spoke to Amey operatives on Thursday about it when they were cutting the grass. The old South Wye notice board belongs to the Advice Centre group, I have been asking them for years to remove it! I wait with bated breath for a result, but they now use the new board. As Cllr Edwards takes sole credit for having this new board installed any comments/flack should be address to him!

• 2 weeks later...

In regard to the grass cutting / weeds around the Oval I spoke to Amey operatives on Thursday about it when they were cutting the grass. The old South Wye notice board belongs to the Advice Centre group, I have been asking them for years to remove it! I wait with bated breath for a result, but they now use the new board. As Cllr Edwards takes sole credit for having this new board installed any comments/flack should be address to him!

So have the weeds now been cut down?

Whilst out on Newton Farm yesterday morning I ask the men cutting the grass to cut the weeds, they said they couldn't because they were from Herefordshire Housing and the weeds are Amey responsibility. Does it really matter who cut them down as long as someone does!

But you spoke with Amey operatives on Thursday 16th according to your posts above, so why did they not do it then?That was almost 2 weeks ago.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ring the Council surely they will tidy this up?

Well, the council and some councillors have know about this little lot for over 2 years!!!!!!!! Do you honestly think ringing the council will have any effect if there has been no response in 2 years? 

• 2 months later...

I was at the post office early this morning and noticed these WEEDS! I have no words...

attachicon.gifovalweeds.jpg

How tall? how long they been here?

What I find very strange is that thousands of pounds of public money is spent on

'Brand New Shiny Notice Boards' (That I am sure nobody reads) yet, within only 4 metres of one of these notice boards we have MASSIVE weeds that nobody has botherd to have removed? Hmmm oh well, maybe it's just me...

I see this weed is now more like a tree and was never removed! This was published almost 2 years ago!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was surprised to see that they had cut down and removed this huge ween today, but then I looked again, yes they have cut it down, but why the hell didn't they remove it? Jesus! This is just going to grow again, can't they just complete a job properly for once? How difficult is it? Now they are going to have to go back at some point...

weed2.jpg

weed1.jpg

I was surprised to see that they had cut down and removed this huge ween today, but then I looked again, yes they have cut it down, but why the hell didn't they remove it? Jesus! This is just going to grow again, can't they just complete a job properly for once? How difficult is it? Now they are going to have to go back at some point...

attachicon.gifweed2.jpg

attachicon.gifweed1.jpg

It's only taken them 2 years to remove this from when it was first reported, can't ask for too much now can we.  :Kissy:

This is it, there are always hidden problems, and therefore more costs. It doesn't matter if we're talking about the state of the roads, grass cutting or an enormous weed.....because the basic maintenance isn't there....smallish problems morph into much bigger ones, and the cost of sorting it out spirals.

in reality, cutting corners like this, is never going to save money......just storing up more expense for a little further down the line.

Pity they didn't cut it flush with the concrete slab and treat the stump with root killer, but I imagine the form filling to use the chemical would be horrendous. Also a quick brush of the slab and wall to sweep the mess left behind.

They should of dug it up altogether and also applied a strong weed killer, like Colin has mentioned, this is just coming back, half a job Balfour  :Thumbs-Down: Do  the job right in the first place and you should not have to come back.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Someone needs to get to the root of this issue ... Probably will take a few manager's and a lot of forms to be filled in before that happens ... Just the way it works! I could kill it once and for all tomorrow if I was inclined to ... Which I'm not. I'm probably snowed in with 4 millimetres of snow ...