Black waste bags to go!

megilleland

From the Hereford Times today:

PEOPLE living in the county will soon be buying their own black bags to throw away their rubbish.

Herefordshire Council said today it will ‘reluctantly’ be withdrawing the black bag service in a bid to save £200,000 a year.

The council will continue to deliver recycling bags and collect rubbish on a weekly basis but says the black bags will not be handed out this Autumn.

Council leader John Jarvis said: “Due to the high levels of recycling in Herefordshire residents were often only leaving out half-filled black sacks each week, so residents can now decide how many they need depending on how much waste they produce.â€

From the Hereford Times today:

PEOPLE living in the county will soon be buying their own black bags to throw away their rubbish.

Herefordshire Council said today it will ‘reluctantly’ be withdrawing the black bag service in a bid to save £200,000 a year.

The council will continue to deliver recycling bags and collect rubbish on a weekly basis but says the black bags will not be handed out this Autumn.

Council leader John Jarvis said: “Due to the high levels of recycling in Herefordshire residents were often only leaving out half-filled black sacks each week, so residents can now decide how many they need depending on how much waste they produce.”

So what are they doing with our community charge money now then? utter joke!

Disgusting in my opinion, we pay far too much now :Thumbs-Down: :Angry_32:

As the quality of the bags have become very poor I am happy to buy my own. Although the council has not indicated an alternative I would not be in agreement if they considered charging for black bags as they do for the green bags.

As the quality of the bags have become very poor I am happy to buy my own. Although the council has not indicated an alternative I would not be in agreement if they considered charging for black bags as they do for the green bags.

Not everyone can afford to buy their own bags and some will not want too, so expect a lot more fly tipping at a much bigger cost to the council, very short sited indeed.

Not everyone can afford to buy their own bags and some will not want too, so expect a lot more fly tipping at a much bigger cost to the council, very short sited indeed.

Yes I also thought this move would increase fly tipping Frank, so some good oints raised here.

If people don't buy their own bags and there are people who wont, I think we will see them just using the green bins instead. Then it will cost even more to sort the recycled rubbish.This is not a good move by the powers that be.

Just a thought, maybe we should just leave the dustbins out for them to empty! :Thumbs-Down:

If people don't buy their own bags and there are people who wont, I think we will see them just using the green bins instead. Then it will cost even more to sort the recycled rubbish.This is not a good move by the powers that be.

Just a thought, maybe we should just leave the dustbins out for them to empty! :Thumbs-Down:

They will be weighing our rubbish next! just wait and see Chris, it's a joke mate