Dead Posts Society - Still No Change!

Colin James

I have today got in touch with Liz Thompson at Amey, asking her why nothing has been done about the dead posts which is now nearly 5 months since I reported this and although I had been given a works number nothing has been done. She has again stated she will get in touch with the 'team' who supposed to be doing the work. I wait with bated breath for a satisfactory reply!!

• 1 month later...

I have today got in touch with Liz Thompson at Amey, asking her why nothing has been done about the dead posts which is now nearly 5 months since I reported this and although I had been given a works number nothing has been done. She has again stated she will get in touch with the 'team' who supposed to be doing the work. I wait with bated breath for a satisfactory reply!!

Now into August posts still there!

I have a meeting with Amey tomorrow morning at Rotherwas, I will not only be asking why the work has not been carried out, but also giving them an even bigger list of work that I will be asking to be done. let us see if I get a better response when I am standing in front of them!

I met with Amey management today with my list of works to be carried out. They told me following dead posts have been removed: GWW raised ground, River bridge, garage area, also in Waterfield Road and Pixley Walk. An inspector will come out with me to look at the location of other dead posts and have them removed.

Glenda, I have to inform you that Amey are telling you a pack of lies! NONE of the posts have been removed!!! I took these pictures less than an hour ago.

gwwx4.jpg

ALL of the other posts are still there, that's the ones in Newton Farm, St Martins and Belmont Road. So NOT ONE HAS BEEN REMOVED!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have heard back from Amey this morning in their opinion the posts are not hazardous! and have been put in a program of work to be carried out JANUARY 2013, I have told them I DO NOT ACCEPT THIS TIMESCALE!!!! I also pointed out ALL works I have asked for to the Inspector from Amey that came out on a site visit / walk around of all of Newton Farm / GWW this morning.

I have heard back from Amey this morning in their opinion the posts are not hazardous! and have been put in a program of work to be carried out JANUARY 2013, I have told them I DO NOT ACCEPT THIS TIMESCALE!!!! I also pointed out ALL works I have asked for to the Inspector from Amey that came out on a site visit / walk around of all of Newton Farm / GWW this morning.

This was the first post on this subject way back in February

I was talking with a young guy who cycled into this post and hurt himself the other week. I am surprised that he has not taken legal action for some sort of compensation.

How can they say these are not dangerous?

posts6.jpg

It was only a week or so back that they said that they did not know where they were... If someone hurts themselves I will be the first to highlight this topic too the Hereford Times, infact I may just write to them anyway as come January it will be almost a year since they were first told about it

I have had a reply by phone this afternoon, a works number has been raised for the inspection / removal of the various posts across Newton Farm / GWW that has been identified. In regard to the graffeti on the fence an officer from Amey will be visiting the house the fence belongs to to ask for the removal of graffeti.

I thought Amey had raised a works number back in March? this is a very poor show now they want to do this work next year, sorry but this has been going on since the beginning of this year, they should be ashamed and embarressed that this work has not been done, they could not locate the posts last time it's just one excuse after another and franly I think they are completely ignoring Cllr Powells request and make empty promises, I really hope that their contract in NOT renewed :Thumbs-Down:

Amey has responded to my various requests 5 posts on GWW have been removed, and grass cut. tree in Muir Close been cut, hedges and dead tree removed in Waterfield Rd, hedges cut in Treago Grove, weeds hedges cut in Blakemore Close grass cut at the Oval. Further work is to be carried out in coming weeks in Newton Farm, Hunderton and down Belmont road from Clehonger turn coming forward.

Amey has responded to my various requests 5 posts on GWW have been removed, and grass cut. tree in Muir Close been cut, hedges and dead tree removed in Waterfield Rd, hedges cut in Treago Grove, weeds hedges cut in Blakemore Close grass cut at the Oval. Further work is to be carried out in coming weeks in Newton Farm, Hunderton and down Belmont road from Clehonger turn coming forward.

This is good news, did they eventually remove those weeds at The Oval?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I notice that all the posts with exception to one on the Great Western Way are still there...

And that one on the Great Western Way was only cut with an angle grinder and left protruding very sharp above the surface, See this post I will have a look around over the Xmas holiday and report back and maybe then if still nothing is done write to the Hereford Times, I am quite happy to name, shame and quote people.