Dead Posts Society - Still No Change!

Colin James

I was talking with a young guy who cycled into this post and hurt himself the other week. I am surprised that he has not taken legal action for some sort of compensation.

posts.jpg

This post is well redundant and seems to serve no purpose, so why is it still there? obviously dangerous in this case...

While I have been out and about, I have noticed that there are lots of dead unsightly posts.

Why is this? is it that Amey or who ever is responsible can't be bothered to remove them or what? I found another here near the top of Newton Farm, on the walkway down towards the school and another one here near the 'hardly ever open waste of money' Newton Farm police station.

I am sure there must be plenty more, feel free to add any that you find, can these be removed at some stage?

• 1 month later...

I have had a reply by phone this afternoon, a works number has been raised for the inspection / removal of the various posts across Newton Farm / GWW that has been identified. In regard to the graffeti on the fence an officer from Amey will be visiting the house the fence belongs to to ask for the removal of graffeti.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed all 5 of these along the Belmont Road and this is only between the turning for Hunderton Road and Belmont Avenue.

br1.png br2.png

br3.png br4.png

br5.png

So far just in this discussion we have found 18 dead posts in and around the Belmont Ward and 2 others at St Martins and Hinton, is this a lot or is it just me? Why were these not removed when they became redundant? this is a poor standard I think.

What really surprises me is that the first ones were reported over 2 months ago, where a cyclists had hurt himself and it's still there!

• 2 weeks later...

Some of these post looks really dangerous, have any of them been removed yet?

Well the first reply from Cllr Powell was February 11th then we had this reply on March 19th 2012

I have had a reply by phone this afternoon, a works number has been raised for the inspection / removal of the various posts across Newton Farm / GWW that has been identified. In regard to the graffeti on the fence an officer from Amey will be visiting the house the fence belongs to to ask for the removal of graffeti.

It is now the 6th of May and to date none of the posts have been removed as far as I am aware :Thumbs-Down:

• 2 weeks later...

I went for a bike ride this morning down the old GWW, what a tip! anyway all of the original posts are still there NONE have bee nremoved, it will be intersting to see what is said if another person hurts themselves on one of them. Also nothing has been fixed on the Hunderton Bridge either, just thought I would pass on my findings.

• 2 weeks later...

I went for a bike ride this morning down the old GWW, what a tip! anyway all of the original posts are still there NONE have bee nremoved, it will be intersting to see what is said if another person hurts themselves on one of them. Also nothing has been fixed on the Hunderton Bridge either, just thought I would pass on my findings.

Yes no change at all, I was walking along the GWW this morning, nothing has been removed.

• 4 weeks later...

Well Cllr Powell posted this as far back as March (almost 4 months ago!) and on my walk about today all of the reported posts along the GWW and Newton Farm are still in situ dispite the dangers the some pose :Thumbs-Down: :Thumbs-Down: :Thumbs-Down:

I found a few more of these mysterious posts, these first two are obviously on the Great Western Way

post-109-0-67331600-1356161394.jpg

post-109-0-06315200-1356161403.jpg

These two are clearly near the old garages on the GWW (opposite the Oval shops) most of the dead post locations are on each picture. The first post is actually on the GWW near the Hunderton bridge where the bank rises, most of these are obvious to be fair, get amy to log in here they will soon see where they all are like you say poor excuse indeed, just glad nobody has hurt themselves.

This one is just along the footpath along side the Brampton Road Stores walking down towards the school on the left

post-109-0-17827300-1356161649.jpg

Cllr Powell actually contacted Amey in February if you have a read through so this has taken 5 months and nothing has been done about it, I think this is disgusting! Amey need to get their act together, cannot believe they gave the excuse that they did not know where the posts are located! how did they give a job number if they did not know where these posts are????????? I have read through mosts of the posts on here where members have reported posts and 99% tell you where each post is, some are located in St Martins and Putson too but it is so obvious where they are. :Angry_32: