Painting The Oval Hereford

Frank Smith

I am sorry to be negative here, but how vile is the colour paint that they have used around The Oval? it's like a cheap yellow! Could they not of come up with just a pale cream or something, anyway besides that,, I thought that it was all being knocked down?? so why are they wasting more of our money on this pointless scheme, I mean it's been okay for the past 20 years or more so why decide to paint it now? Thumbs-Down.png

I am sorry to be negative here, but how vile is the colour paint that they have used around The Oval? it's like a cheap yellow! Could they not of come up with just a pale cream or something, anyway besides that,, I thought that it was all being knocked down?? so why are they wasting more of our money on this pointless scheme, I mean it's been okay for the past 20 years or more so why decide to paint it now? :Thumbs-Down:

Frank- I totally agree in regard to the colour, For residents living in the pre-renforced concrete houses /two storey flats they have a choice of three colours peanut butter, oatmeal ( the colour of the Oval) and summer blue, which is a nice colour many people are choosing the blue including myself.Many residents are stating the same why is Herefordshire Housing wasting money when they are due to be demolished, I will be stating that at the Oval Regeneration meeting on Monday teatime.

Who ever selects these colours for choice? they all sound horrible, I mean pale blue? more sate of tax payers money, and yes don't be surprised when you find out what it has cost for that disgusting colour, looks worse than ever now in my opinion. :Thumbs-Down: :Thumbs-Down:

Who ever selects these colours for choice? they all sound horrible, I mean pale blue? more waste of tax payers money, and yes don't be surprised when you find out what it has cost for that disgusting colour, looks worse than ever now in my opinion. :Thumbs-Down: :Thumbs-Down:

Yes I have to agree

Frank- I totally agree in regard to the colour, For residents living in the pre-renforced concrete houses /two storey flats they have a choice of three colours peanut butter, oatmeal ( the colour of the Oval) and summer blue, which is a nice colour many people are choosing the blue including myself.Many residents are stating the same why is Herefordshire Housing wasting money when they are due to be demolished, I will be stating that at the Oval Regeneration meeting on Monday teatime.

The Oval redecoration was on the agenda for discussion, I stated what many people are saying about waste of money and ask for an answer, apparently the Oval shops will be the last to be demolished in about 10years according to HHL, they will consentrate on the pulling down of whimpy flats first, ie Belmont Rd, Broxash Drive, and Kilvert Rd to replace with houses.

The Oval redecoration was on the agenda for discussion, I stated what many people are saying about waste of money and ask for an answer, apparently the Oval shops will be the last to be demolished in about 10years according to HHL, they will consentrate on the pulling down of whimpy flats first, ie Belmont Rd, Broxash Drive, and Kilvert Rd to replace with houses.

Where will all the people be housed when they pull them down? That is what all the people are asking as well.

Where will all the people be housed when they pull them down? That is what all the people are asking as well.

They will be decanted out to other areas one block at a time and have the opportunity to come back to Newton Farm if they want to, the residents have all been advised of this sometime ago.

This is a totally separate subject, please keep to the topic in hand or if you would like to discuss The Oval in general, please feel free to start your own new topic.

This is even worse (unless they are coming back) not only have they painted The Oval a vile colour they have not finished the job, they have only done the fronts?

oval1.png

And this garage block has not been painted at all?? surely this is not the finished product? please please tell me that this is not how they want it to look?

oval2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Surely we have a right to know!

Yes I agree as a tenant of HHL I would like to know how, and where our money is spent, and the cost. I will ask again for the cost. I did ask the painters they said they did not know either, which I found their answer evasive as they would of negotiated a price to carry out the work.

Yes I agree as a tenant of HHL I would like to know how, and where our money is spent, and the cost. I will ask again for the cost. I did ask the painters they said they did not know either, which I found their answer evasive as they would of negotiated a price to carry out the work.

Did you speak to the painters or their boss? because if it was the workers there is a good chance that they would not know.

This is even worse (unless they are coming back) not only have they painted The Oval a vile colour they have not finished the job, they have only done the fronts?

And this garage block has not been painted at all?? surely this is not the finished product? please please tell me that this is not how they want it to look?

Colin, Having spoken to the painters inspector yesterday I ask when or if they were painting the garages at the Oval, he said the garages are to be painted after all the properties, with the rate they are being painted ( because HHL will not let them complete a street) in about two months time in my estimate.

I called Hereford Housing this morning at 9.30am and attempted to contact Mr Peter Brown (CE) I was informed that he is away until Thursday, I was told that the person that I needed to speak with was Paula Kennedy, so I left a message for her to please return my call. By 3pm this afternoon nobody had come back to me, so I telephoned again.

I was informed that they were working out the costs for The Oval and to expect a phone call.

I have just received a phone call from Mr Paul Morey who informs me, that the full cost for the painting of The Oval is £26,500 inc VAT.

I called Hereford Housing this morning at 9.30am and attempted to contact Mr Peter Brown (CE) I was informed that he is away until Thursday, I was told that the person that I needed to speak with was Paula Kennedy, so I left a message for her to please return my call. By 3pm this afternoon nobody had come back to me, so I telephoned again.

I was informed that they were working out the costs for The Oval and to expect a phone call.

I have just received a phone call from Mr Paul Morey who informs me, that the full cost for the painting of The Oval is £26,500 inc VAT.

That is £6500 more than I expected the price to be, does seem slightly on the high side but then again, I guess there is a lot of paint, still think it's a lot of money to spend on something that will be pulled down in the not too distant future.

I agree with Bill, a little more than I was expecting, seems a lot of money, and money that I feel could of been used better elsewhere.

Thank you Colin for your perseverance, good to see that you will not be fobbed off. :Happy_32:

I was expecting around the £15-£20,000 so like the other members, it's more than I thought it would be, but more importantly, I do not understand why they are spending so much money, the oval has been like this for years, so a lick of a horrible cream coloured paint is hardly going to make it look any better in it's last years. Money should of been spend on something else, I feel that this is wasted money to be truthful.