Litter, litter everywhere!

megilleland

I delayed posting this comment due to the Christmas and New Year Break, but feel that attention should be raised to the piles of litter which I see, not only on my estate, but also around the city generally and in particular along the A465 verges between Wormbridge and the city. Is anyone going to pick it up or is it just a case of waiting until spring/early summer and hope it gets hidden in the long grass. One particular bad part of the city which I walk through every day is the lane joining Canal Road and the back of Morrisons. I know it is a private road, but it is public litter that has been dropped and together with the graffiti overlooking the burial ground, the complete scene is an eyesore. I have yet to see a human road sweeper in the city with a brush and shovel keeping on top of this problem. If it can't be reached from the comfort of a mechanical sweeper no one bothers. Also the debris that was reported at the back of Charles Witts Avenue and bordering the Great Western Way is still there after one year. How does everyone else feel about this constant problem?

I delayed posting this comment due to the Christmas and New Year Break, but feel that attention should be raised to the piles of litter which I see, not only on my estate, but also around the city generally and in particular along the A465 verges between Wormbridge and the city. Is anyone going to pick it up or is it just a case of waiting until spring/early summer and hope it gets hidden in the long grass. One particular bad part of the city which I walk through every day is the lane joining Canal Road and the back of Morrisons. I know it is a private road, but it is public litter that has been dropped and together with the graffiti overlooking the burial ground, the complete scene is an eyesore. I have yet to see a human road sweeper in the city with a brush and shovel keeping on top of this problem. If it can't be reached from the comfort of a mechanical sweeper no one bothers. Also the debris that was reported at the back of Charles Witts Avenue and bordering the Great Western Way is still there after one year. How does everyone else feel about this constant problem?

I can't remember when I last saw a road sweeper, but yes the litter in Hereford as a whole has not been good for a long time.

The other thing which annoys me is when the bin men come to collect the weekly rubbish, if a cat has broke open a bag and rubbish spills onto the road, they only ever take the bags, the never bother to pick up any rubbish that has fell out of the bags. Quite often after the bin men have been, you will see paper, tea bags and empty cartons on the road side, which defeats the object really.

• 1 year later...

Very noticeable along Great Western Way the amount of broken glass which has been left for over a week - at least in five places. Amey just don't see this littering, even the men who empty the litter bins in their vans seem to ignore it. Maybe its another department who just do broken glass. All it needs is a brush and pan to remove it.

Very noticeable along Great Western Way the amount of broken glass which has been left for over a week - at least in five places. Amey just don't see this littering, even the men who empty the litter bins in their vans seem to ignore it. Maybe its another department who just do broken glass. All it needs is a brush and pan to remove it.

They do see it but choose to ignore it :Thumbs-Down:

As I have stated in another post, I have this week sent six emails for trees, bushes, rubbish, glass to be done across Newton Farm and GWW, also another for road works, I have told Amey and the council highways manager some of this work is outstanding from 2010/11. I do not want excuses just the work to be done!!!

As I have stated in another post, I have this week sent six emails for trees, bushes, rubbish, glass to be done across Newton Farm and GWW, also another for road works, I have told Amey and the council highways manager some of this work is outstanding from 2010/11. I do not want excuses just the work to be done!!!

We appreciate your efforts Councillor but they still have not removed the dead posts that you gave them a deadline for and other work, so I think some of your requests are not being done! We are all still waiting for the KEEP CLEAR signs on the Belmont roundabout to be changed as well as additional lighting along the GWW I could go on, I know it's not your fault but you need to ask yourself WHY is this work not being done? get some names!

One of the emails are for the dead posts removal, as they said before they were not sure where they are located, I have given them lamp standard numbers near to where some of these post are, or street names. I have ask for an inspector to come out with me and I will show them where they are, I have also got names of Amey staff who has supposed to carried out the work. I think it is time for me to kick somes a.. maybe they will wake up when they feel the pain!!

One of the emails are for the dead posts removal, as they said before they were not sure where they are located, I have given them lamp standard numbers near to where some of these post are, or street names. I have ask for an inspector to come out with me and I will show them where they are, I have also got names of Amey staff who has supposed to carried out the work. I think it is time for me to kick somes a.. maybe they will wake up when they feel the pain!!

Clearly something more needs to be done.

• 3 weeks later...

If you look at my reply to 'dead posts society' post you will see that posts on GWW has been removed.Along with other work that has been done. I have this afternoon also been given case work numbers for all my requests pertaining to work to be carried out in Hunderton. The first lot of work is to commence on 5th Oct (next Friday) if not, I will want to know why. I have a meeting with Amey at their offices early in Oct to go over what work has been carried out, and what is outstanding. I have also requested a ward walkabout with an Amey inspector again early in Oct, this has been arranged.