Please Sign The Petition

Colin James

I find this whole subject annoying, of course you should be able to photograph and video your children, especially on precious days, like sports day and when they are performing, to deny this is absurd!

Makes me laugh, every week LIVE on national television you see footballers walking onto the pitch holding hands with young kids in their football kit for the whole country to see as well as 70,000 spectators, yet you cannot photograph your own kids at your local school, with maybe 100 people present, this is absolutely ridiculous and beyond belief in my opinion.

All signed! :Thumbs-Up:

Here are just a few of the comments left on the petition site;

Name: Victor Wright on Feb 16, 2011

Comments: As parents this must be a real nightmare, when all you want to do is capture precious times with your children and grand children without the fear of being frowned upon.

Name: Nikki James on Feb 16, 2011

Comments: This is pathetic! Paedophiles are in the minority, yet it's the law abiding decent majority who are suffering! Parents and Grandparents etc.. should be allowed to keep their precious memories.

Name: Karen Jones on Feb 17, 2011

Comments: I can understand there may be concerns, but the issue of paedophilia is spiraling out of control. To censor films and photos would take away the magic and innocence of Christmas and children's school plays.

Name: Mary Keele on Feb 18, 2011

Comments: I lost my grandson at the age of only 10 to cancer, and because of this ridiculous policy enforced by the narrow minded, I have lost out on many memories, so I am totally behind this campaign.

Name: Sarah Farr on Feb 18, 2011

Comments: I think its disgusting that we can't photograph our kids i know from 1st hand experience the value photographs and video's hold of memories of our children,

Name: Rebecca Morrison on Feb 16, 2011

Comments: All parents should be able to film and photograph their children, especially at school plays and sports days. They are going to be large gaps in family albums if this is allowed to continue, PC gone barmy!

Name: David Williams on Feb 17, 2011

Comments: Bloody stupid rules, the chances of a Paedophile arriving at a school play armed with his camera is a billion to 1 and even then, pedo's are not looking for pictures of kids clothed now are they? Common sense is missing again

Name: Lesley Wilson on Feb 18, 2011

Comments: I agree with everything written here already, I have no words for this absence of common sense.

Name: Sue Saunders on Feb 18, 2011

Comments: If were are forbidden to capture these unique one off precious days of our children our memories will be lost for eternity, which for me, is unacceptable sorry.

Name: H. Wilson on Feb 18, 2011

Comments: There will be no family albums to look through when our children and grandchildren are older, just lots of BIG gaps!

A few more;

Name: Sally Griffin on Feb 19, 2011

Comments: It is about time that someone used a bit of common sense on this matter. When our children were in taking part in school plays or sports days we used both still and movie cameras and no-one ever said it was wrong. We also made it clear to the teachers that if any other parents wanted a copy of any of the films then we would gladly oblige. At no time did anyone make us feel like criminals and/or perverts. It is about time that parents told the Do-Gooders where to stick their stupid and idiotic rules.

Name: Tracey Coldrick on Feb 18, 2011

Comments: precious moments that we choose to capture for a lifetime of our children is our right, no one has the right to take that away...sign this petition, you don't have to be a parent...uncles, aunts, grandmas...we all have a right to take pictures of our little one's, make sure that right is upheld

Name: Paul Mann on Feb 19, 2011

Comments: Nanny state gone mad. Lock the peadophiles up and attach their balls to the light sockets instead of stopping us taking pics of our own children

Name: Peter Knight on Feb 19, 2011

Comments: Big Brother is truly out of control in this country of ours. I'm in favour of keeping our kids safe but this is too heavy-handed.

Name: Paul Wright on Feb 19, 2011

Comments: Totally agree with the petition! Yet again an ever oppressive ruling elite and corrupt justice system trying to run our lives with pure idiocy, and lacking in any common sense while doing this. The harsh reality is that with long range zoom cameras it enables perverts to snap away without the subjects consenting or even knowing about it. Kind of puts the kibosh on anyone having an objection or enforcement of a law forbidding it, doesn't it! These perverts shouldn't never see the outside of a prison wall, basically leaving the law abiding public to go about their business, ie: taking photographs of our children when we wish to!

Furthermore, don't really understand a few things here, the BR website has this image BelExmasHome 003.jpg on it's front page, nothing wrong with it of course, but that's my point! there is nothing wrong with it!! just a happy festive picture. This was never a problem when I was at school, and yes there were at risk children and paedophiles around then too. I would like to hear from the local parish council to what there official guides are nevertheless, seems they must agree from the above image and if that is this case then great!

Furthermore, don't really understand a few things here, the BR website has this image post-2-13302954627559_thumb.jpg on it's front page, nothing wrong with it of course, but that's my point! there is nothing wrong with it!! just a happy festive picture. This was never a problem when I was at school, and yes there were at risk children and paedophiles around then too. I would like to hear from the local parish council to what there official guides are nevertheless, seems they must agree from the above image and if that is this case then great!

Be interesting to see what the parish council's thoughts are or their guidelines on this subject, no comment as yet I notice.

• 2 months later...

Still waiting for a reply....*yawning*

This is a subject matter which is outside the jurisdiction of a parish council so it not something a parish council would discuss or have a policy on.

Child safeguarding policies come under the jurisdiction of the Children and Young Persons Directorate so maybe this should be directed to the District/Ward Councillors.