Factual or Opinion

Colin James

Just to clarify a few things for our members, we welcome both factual news and your personal opinions on all posts, as this is a "FORUM" :Winking_32:

(— n , pl -rums , -ra

1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest

2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine

3. a public meeting place for open discussion)

While I appreciate that not everything posted within these forums may not always be 100% accurate, I am sure our members do their very best to be as informative and as accurate as they can.

In the case of possible inaccurate news being published, we can only rely on our councillors and the parish clerk to point out any errors in news items. However, that said, I still believe that it is unfair to just totally rely on one councillor, only to attack her if something is written wrong.

I am very disappointed that some of the other councillors are not supporting you all here even though they have all been personally invited, therefore, I can only assume that they are so paranoid about getting into a live debate that they choose to abstain from dialogue to save any embarrassment to themselves? Why else would you not support the people that have supported and voted for you? :Thumbs-Down:

I am also fully aware that even though they do not register, they do check this site daily, which is quite amusing.

I will also reiterate that WE DO NOT EDIT TOPICS OR POSTS TO SUIT OURSELVES, we allow live and honest open debates, because to me, that's what a real forum is all about.

Our members can choose to either use their real names or remain anonymous (using alias/pseudonym) however, we do promote the idea of using your real details, as using an alias often discounts your creditability.

"Having your say!"

I rarely comment but I do agree entirely with your statement, this is not an information only website it is a forum for discussion, sometimes that may involve heated debates, but in my experience that's is somethimes the only way to get things sorted out.

I love the site and if the local councillors can't be bothered to inform us correctly and support us then why should we in turn support them next year at the elections?

Unprofessional I think.

I am assuming that your comments refer to another local website and their latest attempt at trying to encourage back lost members with this statement;

Anyone who has factual news, as opposed to opinion, is welcome to submit material in the usual way below. The website editor will be the final judge of the submission's merits and there may well be discrimination against those who opt for pseudonyms

The part that I have highlighted speaks volumes, hence, why I will be using this site as oppose to the alternative edited version.

I rarely comment but I do agree entirely with your statement, this is not an information only website it is a forum for discussion, sometimes that may involve heated debates, but in my experience that's is somethimes the only way to get things sorted out.

I love the site and if the local councillors can't be bothered to inform us correctly and support us then why should we in turn support them next year at the elections?

Unprofessional I think.

I am assuming that your comments refer to another local website and their latest attempt at trying to encourage back lost members with this statement;

The part that I have highlighted speaks volumes, hence, why I will be using this site as oppose to the alternative edited version.

My thoughts exactly