BRPC and Websites

Colin James

I am disappointed that the only active councillor on this website is Cllr Powell. I have personally invited Cllr Edwards, John Newman, & the recently elected Dawn Killeen. Andy Myatt has registered but has yet to post.

Surely this website is an ideal vehicle for direct communication between your elected councillors and their constituents, (I think there are some silly politics going on behind the scenes to be honest.)

I have just read the minutes from the BRPC 's last meeting with reference to websites.

87/10 Websites

(a) Belmontrural.co.uk

As requested at the last meeting, the Clerk has ascertained that the voluntary website www.belmontrural.co.uk will continue to be maintained and to include items of interest in the immediate future. The e-mail exchange forum however will remain closed for the foreseeable future.

HALC have been approached for advice on website and have provided guidance notes, a copy of which was provided to Members. It was agreed that no further action would be taken at this stage but Members were invited to provide further comment to the Clerk once they have considered the HALC guidance provided to them.

(b) Belmontvoice.co.uk

The Clerk advised that following some incorrect statements on the Belmontvoice website, she has registered to use that site in her official capacity as Parish Clerk in order to correct statements regarding the extent of the Belmont Rural Parish and matters relating to BRPC. It was formally agreed to ratify the Clerk’s action.

Why is it that Cllr Edwards and other councillors were happy to post regularly on the old (now not used) BRPC website yet they seem to need permission to use this one?

This is a real shame and in my opinion a big let down to their constituents, who are clearly seeking advice and correspondence with their elected councillors via Belmont Voice.

If there is a reason for there absence could it be made known? so that we can move forward and all work together for our community.

This has not gone unnoticed and I agree it's a poor show. :Thumbs-Down:

Just to advise you, ALL Belmont Parish councillors detail and phone numbers are under 'your councillors' on the old Belmont Rural website, or on the parish noticeboards so you can contact them yourselves. The best way is to go to the Parish Council meetings 7:15pm on a Thursday evening at the Northolme Centre, Belmont. The next meeting is on 21st October.

Well, I think that it is a disgrace that other councillors are not here to represent their constituents, most are well aware of this website. I think a few were big fans of the BR website and this is their little protest (just my opinion)which is pathetic in all honesty. The BR website was very limited, this site gives a more immediate and direct communication, which in my opinion is a must. We are now in the 21st century and email, ipods, laptops and alike are here and should be used to there full potential. I like the fact that we have live forums for immediate replys.

The other councillors are failing in their duty to us by remaining absent, but they will soon want our votes no doubt. :Thumbs-Down:

Well, I think that it is a disgrace that other councillors are not here to represent their constituents, most are well aware of this website. I think a few were big fans of the BR website and this is their little protest (just my opinion)which is pathetic in all honesty. The BR website was very limited, this site gives a more immediate and direct communication, which in my opinion is a must. We are now in the 21st century and email, ipods, laptops and alike are here and should be used to there full potential. I like the fact that we have live forums for immediate replys.

The other councillors are failing in their duty to us by remaining absent, but they will soon want our votes no doubt. :Thumbs-Down:

I don't understand why they would not want to represent everybody, this forum is ideal. Disappointing to say the least :Thumbs-Down: :Thumbs-Down:

• Guests
Guest Glenysp

I notice that there are about 40+ members of this site and you need to be a member to view posts. Perhaps it would encourage members if the forum posts could be read by anyone but you have to be a member to post or reply? Just a thought.

I notice that there are about 40+ members of this site and you need to be a member to view posts. Perhaps it would encourage members if the forum posts could be read by anyone but you have to be a member to post or reply? Just a thought.

Yes good suggestion, setting have now been changed so that guests can view topics.

Glenysp Two parish councillors have come onto this site one has now gone away the other has not made any comments so far. I do know that Cllr Edwards have been on the site because of the comments he has made, also when I ask him at the begining of the year to join his answer was 'I might consider it when the site is becomes more established'. With the counter now standing at 68,961 at 19:47pm today I am wondering how many more people visiting this site does it take to be 'established' before he will join!

• 1 month later...

I am disappointed that the only active councillor on this website is Cllr Powell. I have personally invited Cllr Edwards, John Newman, & the recently elected Dawn Killeen. Andy Myatt has registered but has yet to post.

Surely this website is an ideal vehicle for direct communication between your elected councillors and their constituents, (I think there are some silly politics going on behind the scenes to be honest.)

I have just read the minutes from the BRPC 's last meeting with reference to websites.

Why is it that Cllr Edwards and other councillors were happy to post regularly on the old (now not used) BRPC website yet they seem to need permission to use this one?

This is a real shame and in my opinion a big let down to their constituents, who are clearly seeking advice and correspondence with their elected councillors via Belmont Voice.

If there is a reason for there absence could it be made known? so that we can move forward and all work together for our community.

• 8 months later...