I told you it would get worse!

megilleland

You need to report it to Environmental Health and you could seek a Community Protection Order against Herefordshire Housing...

Talking on here is the easy part...now you need to take direct action...it works

Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 

CHAPTER 1
Community protection notices

43 Power to issue notices

(1) An authorised person may issue a community protection notice to an individual aged 16 or over, or a body, if satisfied on reasonable grounds that—

(a) the conduct of the individual or body is having a detrimental effect, of a persistent or continuing nature, on the quality of life of those in the locality, and

(b) the conduct is unreasonable.

(2) In subsection (1) “authorised person†means a person on whom section 53 (or an enactment amended by that section) confers power to issue community protection notices.

Who may issue notices

53 Authorised persons

1) A community protection notice or a fixed penalty notice may be issued by—

a) a constable;

b) the relevant local authority (see subsections (2) and (3));

c) a person designated by the relevant local authority for the purposes of this section.

2) For a community protection notice, “the relevant local authority†means the local authority (or, as the case may be, any of the local authorities) within whose area the conduct specified in the notice has, according to the notice, been taking place.

3) For a fixed penalty notice, “the relevant local authority†means the local authority (or, as the case may be, any of the local authorities) within whose area the offence in question is alleged to have taken place.

4) Only a person of a description specified in an order made by the Secretary of State for the purposes of subsection (1) c) may be designated under that subsection.

5) In Part 1 of Schedule 4 to the Police Reform Act 2002 (powers exercisable by community support officers), after paragraph 1ZA there is inserted—

“Power to issue community protection notices

A person shall have the power of a constable to issue a community protection notice under section 43 of the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 if—

a) a designation applies this paragraph to that person, and

b) the conduct specified in the notice has (according to the notice) been taking place within the relevant police area.â€

Can't see how I can take direct action using the advice you suggest, other than a private action through the courts. Am I right?

• Guests
Guest smartieno1

Meigelland.....

I suggest you contact your Council directly on 260000 and you then report the problem, ask for an e-mail address...send e-mail copy in MP and Hereford Times...

You then contact the Police on 101 and report the problem to them because they should work in partnership to deal with this problem...just like in Nottingham.....that's a place ouside the Herefordshire Bubble where things are done properly (unless its an investigation in to Paedophiles and abuse in children homes but that's a different story)

http://www.protectnottingham.co.uk/about/our-powers/

After taking all of that direct action you can then put the kettle on..make a cup of tea...have a biscuit and squeeze into your favourite armchair..safe in the knowledge that you made a difference....

Does that help?

• Guests
Guest smartieno1

I DONT DO ADVICE...and the post to Megileland was a set of simple instructions, so easy even a child could follow them, as I thought he was stuck and did not know what to do...

After all it was he who posted the following;

"Can't see how I can take direct action using the advice you suggest, other than a private action through the courts. Am I right?"

As I cannot tell him if he is right or wrong... I thought it would be helpful to direct him to people who can answer that question such as the Council or the Police..if that was wrong of me...you can always report me to Colin 

I DONT DO ADVICE...and the post to Megileland was a set of simple instructions, so easy even a child could follow them, as I thought he was stuck and did not know what to do...

After all it was he who posted the following;

"Can't see how I can take direct action using the advice you suggest, other than a private action through the courts. Am I right?"

As I cannot tell him if he is right or wrong... I thought it would be helpful to direct him to people who can answer that question such as the Council or the Police..if that was wrong of me...you can always report me to Colin 

In my book that's advice. 

I am off this coming week smartieno, and taking your advice on board, I will be contacting the usual contacts again, Herefordshire Housing (Newton Farm Neighbourhood Officer), Herefordshire Council (Environmental Health, Flytipping) and a trip to the local police station to see a constable. I'll let you know how I get on. I am sure we'll get this sorted out in no time!

• Guests
Guest smartieno1

Megileland.....I am glad that you have decided to move this issue forward but please can you refrain from telling anyone I have advised you because I have not and any attempt by you or anyone else to suggest otherwise is firmly denied and evidenced by my posts but in case you are in any doubt 

I HAVE NOT ADVISED YOU

Today I cycled down to Franklin House to make further enquiries about the problem of litter at Sherborne Close. I was referred to Environmental Health who then passed me onto Waste Management following a ten minute delay in answering their phone. The person I needed to speak to was not available, but would ring me back on their return. It was confirmed that Waste Management (T: 01432 260051) are the department to contact over bin bags and other obstructions on the public highway ie footpaths.

I then called into the police station and asked whether any constables were authorised to issue a community protection notice under section 43 of the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014. They will ring me back to discuss this.

From here I went to Jubilee House and spoke to the Newton Farm Neighbourhood Manager and she explained that a clear up of the rubbish was been undertaken at this very moment. She confirmed that rubbish on the footpath is the responsibilty of Herefordshire Council. There is also a meeting and site visit planned tomorrow at Sherborne Close to see what the situation is after the bin men have collected the black bags. I raised the point about the siting of big bins in this area to contain rubbish, but HH say that this is not possible due to problems experienced in other areas using big bins. They have decided to issue black and green bins for residents to put their rubbish in - a step in the right direction.

Cycling back home through Sherborne Close I came across the HH team clearing the mess up and all the rubbish and fly-tipping has been removed. The only area affected as a result of rubbish being blown around is the grassed area behind the electricity sub station - the responsibilty of the Council (Balfour Beatty).

The HH workmen confirmed that they were going to litter pick the remaining area of Sherborne Close following the bin collection tomorrow.

So the problem has been dealt with, although I told the Neighbourhood Manager the problem will re-occur without a proper waste disposal plan. A task force should be established to deal with any problems in each of the Hereford City's eight wards .Maybe some local party will put this in their manifesto before the elections. (see topic here) 

Today I cycled down to Franklin House to make further enquiries about the problem of litter at Sherborne Close. I was referred to Environmental Health who then passed me onto Waste Management following a ten minute delay in answering their phone. The person I needed to speak to was not available, but would ring me back on their return. It was confirmed that Waste Management (T: 01432 260051) are the department to contact over bin bags and other obstructions on the public highway ie footpaths.

I then called into the police station and asked whether any constables were authorised to issue a community protection notice under section 43 of the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014. They will ring me back to discuss this.

From here I went to Jubilee House and spoke to the Newton Farm Neighbourhood Manager and she explained that a clear up of the rubbish was been undertaken at this very moment. She confirmed that rubbish on the footpath is the responsibilty of Herefordshire Council. There is also a meeting and site visit planned tomorrow at Sherborne Close to see what the situation is after the bin men have collected the black bags. I raised the point about the siting of big bins in this area to contain rubbish, but HH say that this is not possible due to problems experienced in other areas using big bins. They have decided to issue black and green bins for residents to put their rubbish in - a step in the right direction.

Cycling back home through Sherborne Close I came across the HH team clearing the mess up and all the rubbish and fly-tipping has been removed. The only area affected as a result of rubbish being blown around is the grassed area behind the electricity sub station - the responsibilty of the Council (Balfour Beatty).

The HH workmen confirmed that they were going to litter pick the remaining area of Sherborne Close following the bin collection tomorrow.

So the problem has been dealt with, although I told the Neighbourhood Manager the problem will re-occur without a proper waste disposal plan. A task force should be established to deal with any problems in each of the Hereford City's eight wards .Maybe some local party will put this in their manifesto before the elections. (see topic here) 

Excellent Martin well done mate what a superb effort on your part, fair play. 

• Guests
Guest smartieno1

What a fantastic post and I for one... Salute you for all your hard work and endeavour..

As for a long term solution...I think a community protection notice correctly served on the right persons is the way forward

Again well done Sir

Cycling across Hereford today one could could enjoy the suburban scene highlighted with the detritus of mattresses/bedding, shopping trollies, overflowing waste bins and examples of fly tipping. A truly wonderful ride. Some of this rubbish is deemed to be so culturally important that it is has remained on exhibit for many years and acts as a waymarker to where you are in the city.

Will 2015 see a clean up of these contributions - I hope so.

End of Penhaligon Way by the railway crossing

post-2-0-10919700-1421078235.jpg

Great Western Way

post-2-0-29629600-1421078270.jpgpost-2-0-19546200-1421077839.jpgpost-2-0-52902000-1421077852.jpg

Great Western Way between ALDI and The Courtyard

post-2-0-40903400-1421077916.jpgpost-2-0-79754800-1421079051.jpgpost-2-0-13935700-1421079075.jpg

post-2-0-49135300-1421079243.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The mattress and bedding removed from GWW today. The litter problem remains bad especialy where the bank at the top of GWW has been trimmed and exposed with dormant litter from eons ago.

Cycling to work, the whole city is in decline, with litter a key feature of the townscape. A stretch from the Sainsbury traffic lights to ALDI along the Bulmers fencing is a joy to behold, as is the link from Canal Road to Morrisons, where one can see a preview of the product lines available from the store.

Also needing attention are the verges alongside the county's roads. The litter stretch from the Bromyard turn to Eau Withington adds interest to the county's landscape and culture giving visitors an insight into the eating habits of Herefordians either who have no time to eat at home, or are trying to reduce the waste inside their cars to gain improved petrol performance.

Finally returning closer to home Sherborne Close is much tidier, although about 10 black bags put out this week for a black bag collection appear to have been left behind on the kerb - so will no doubt be there for another two weeks, if not removed this Tuesday as recycling.

Notice.png

Due to the fact that when this topic became archived (until I corrected the admin parameters) we have unfortunately lost the beginning of this topic and a few others within the database and I cannot find a way of retrieving them.

I would suggest starting a new topic in which case I will lock this one (preventing any further replies) or if you prefer I can remove a few posts from this one a re-title it with an image, if that is the case please suggest a suitable title and I will make the amendments. 

As Herefordshire Housing has cleared the area of Sherborne Close a great deal since it was reported on HV may I suggest instead of showing the photo's of rubbish some going back years, to actually show the improvement that has taken place, with maybe the title Improvement in Sherborne Close, Glenda

A good point Councillor but again, I think that would be for a separate topic, this topic is about rubbish and fly tipping.

Colin, this topic was originally about Sherborne Close, then it was taken off topic by other posters, that is why I suggested giving it another title or better still as you had suggested to lock this one as the starting posts has disappeared. As Megilleland is the person who brought this to the attention of HV maybe it would be good to see a photo of before and after improvement about Sherborne close  from him?

attachicon.gifNotice.png

Due to the fact that when this topic became archived (until I corrected the admin parameters) we have unfortunately lost the beginning of this topic and a few others within the database and I cannot find a way of retrieving them.

I would suggest starting a new topic in which case I will lock this one (preventing any further replies) or if you prefer I can remove a few posts from this one a re-title it with an image, if that is the case please suggest a suitable title and I will make the amendments. 

I think you are right Colin, this topic needs to be given a new title or a more descriptive one. Any good work as a result of this topic could be added by the author or a new thread started.