Hereford City Link Road Opens Monday 11th December

Colin James

I believe as a result of the Link Road junction alterations there are bus service changes from 11 December 2017

77 Hereford - Holmer Circular
Minor timing changes. Service revised to continue along Roman Road serving Victoria Park, then continuing along Venns Lane. This replaces the 81A and no longer serves Old School Lane.

77A Hereford - Holmer Circular
Revised timetable. Service revised to operate along Roman Road, College Road, College Green and Kingsway to Old School Lane and then Bobblestock.

81 Hereford - College Green
Revised timetable. Unchanged route to College Green then revised to turn right into Kingsway, right into Old School Lane then continuing via Venns Lane and Aylestone Hill to the City.

81A Hereford - College Green - Victoria Park
Revised timetable. Service operates peak hours (as service 81 above) but continuing from College Green to the City via Victoria Park and Venns Lane. Off peak services provided by services 77 and 77A.

A map showing the changes, although I am not sure it conveys helpful information - what is the difference between the red and green marked routes?

81_81A_77_77A_77B_171211_final(3).pdf

Not running too smoothly near College bridge at 11 am  new traffic lights causing a build up back to bridge , tail backs that were not there before lights, traffic moving slower than before. Edgar St tail backs . New junction layout by KFC confusing most people who cannot work out which lane they should be in to approach Aylestone Hill.  And I haven't been on the new road yet. 

went into town this afternoon and could not get out onto Belmont road, the tail back of traffic reach all way up to Tesco roundabout in Belmont, as we eventually got onto Belmont road the traffic was at a snail pace, all way over the new bridge and down Edgar street, and the lights didn't help simplybecause when you eventually got to them they turned red. It took us 25 minutes to get into town.

went into town this afternoon and could not get out onto Belmont road, the tail back of traffic reach all way up to Tesco roundabout in Belmont, as we eventually got onto Belmont road the traffic was at a snail pace, all way over the new bridge and down Edgar street, and the lights didn't help simplybecause when you eventually got to them they turned red. It took us 25 minutes to get into town.

Traffic trying to get into Blackfriars Street to go to the Old market Glenda.Same problem in Widemarsh Street.

Traffic lights need removing and a better way to get into the Old Market without having to wait for a ticket right next to the entrance .

Traffic trying to get into Blackfriars Street to go to the Old market Glenda.Same problem in Widemarsh Street.

Traffic lights need removing and a better way to get into the Old Market without having to wait for a ticket right next to the entrance .

The traffic lights are the main issue here in my opinion, my biggest gripe! 

Hello everyone...if you are local you won't use this road...so so many lights and it takes ages to get through from Edgar Street to Morrison's. It's affecting traffic flows plus "no more the right turn into Barre,s Court Road or out of it!...

Where will the rat runners go now because they will have to find another way!

Doh ! I drove out of Morrisons using the exit opposite the Sorting Office and turned left , thought that the road was very light on traffic .........soon realised that I should have turned right and then in 100m join the new road , once on the new road drove towards Edgar St .

I knew that I could only turn left at Edgar St , whist doing so it immediately became apparent that the near side lane was full of stationary traffic all waiting to turn left in Blackfriars St . " They " will have to sort that out some how .

Other than my first error I thought the road was OK ....... Heard a Con Cllr talking about Church St parking today on BBC , he stated that they alway review decisions in 6 months after they were implemented soooooooo let's wait and see about Blackfriars St problems !

Yesterday at 3.30 both Edgar St  lanes off the roundabout were stationary resulting in the first lane at top of Victoria St being solid, resulting in a queue of traffic backing around Steels and into Whitecross rd.

As Max Boyce said: "I know - because I was there".

After finally managing to get on to Blueschool St I turned th corner into Commercial Rd to traffic backed up to the lights.

Three light changes later saw me across the lights at the Merton.

Things improved now as it only took two changes of lights to see me turning left on to the new road to witness `a grand total of six cars waiting to exit.

The duel/test of nerves/size of cahones  to travel straight on at the bottom of Commercial Road gets worse - an utter nightmare free for all.

Coming out of Morrisons car park in the dark to turn right I was met by traffic exiting the station coming straight for me.

Do both exit at the same time or are there no lights at station exit?

The link road lights in Edgar st,footie ground car park,Widemarsh St & Morrisons-train station junctions are totally unnecessary.

What was wrong with just installing roundabouts ?

A woman working in Morrisons said a few months ago there was going to be a roundabout, certainly would have kept the flow . Every route into town is blocked now due to all the fresh lights. It seems it isn't working very well.

If ever there exists a book titled, 'How To F.u.ck It All Up, and it's readily available to acquire, read and digest and be followed chapter by chapter to ensure you successfully manage to F.u.c.k It All Up, then this Council has this book titled How To Fu.c.k It All Up and they follow its instructions oblivious to the notion that How To F.u.ck It All Up may just be a bad idea for the rest of us.

If it wasn't so desperate it'd be amusing to watch as the disaster and chaos unfolds.

Well I was stupid enough to think I could get a car park space in the Garrick Multi story earlier.
I came the other way into Widemarsh St with cars all Trying to get into Blackfriars Street to park in the Old Market so
I turned into the multi story .....Bad idea,there must of been dozens of cars tring to find a space with no joy so we spent 15 mins trying to get back out.
Ended up going around in circles in the Gaol Street car park,gave up and went home

Well I was stupid enough to think I could get a car park space in the Garrick Multi story earlier.

I came the other way into Widemarsh St with cars all Trying to get into Blackfriars Street to park in the Old Market so

I turned into the multi story .....Bad idea,there must of been dozens of cars tring to find a space with no joy so we spent 15 mins trying to get back out.

Ended up going around in circles in the Gaol Street car park,gave up and went home

Well, it's good to know that Hereford was busy tonight!

Has anyone else heard the rumours regarding the Edgar Street end being too narrow and tight for HGV's to turn onto the link road? Seen quite a few people mention that they (the HGV's) are having to mount the pavement to avoid the trailer swinging too far into the other lane.

Personally I have avoided that end of town for a while now, although nothing really in that area that I visit anyway (apart from Pets at Home once a month for some crickets).

going along Edgar street early this afternoon we were stuck in traffic again also a build up of traffic trying to get out of Blackfriars street onto Edgar street, yet when we got down to the new road there were only two cars on there one of which was doing a U-turn! it took us 30 minutes to get from Belmont road to Holmer Road. What a waste of money our "road to nowhere is".

going along Edgar street early this afternoon we were stuck in traffic again also a build up of traffic trying to get out of Blackfriars street onto Edgar street, yet when we got down to the new road there were only two cars on there one of which was doing a U-turn! it took us 30 minutes to get from Belmont road to Holmer Road. What a waste of money our "road to nowhere is".

The road is not the problem Glenda the lights are just like 90% of the fekin things in this City.Always are and always will be.

I see plenty of moans and groans about the traffic situation on social media but not one moan on the social media sites of Herefordshire Council etc.

Until we stop beating each other up about the traffic and direct our complaints en mass to those in power nothing will be done...Nothing.

Has anyone else heard the rumours regarding the Edgar Street end being too narrow and tight for HGV's to turn onto the link road? Seen quite a few people mention that they (the HGV's) are having to mount the pavement to avoid the trailer swinging too far into the other lane.

Personally I have avoided that end of town for a while now, although nothing really in that area that I visit anyway (apart from Pets at Home once a month for some crickets).

If this is the case then someone needs to be accountable, these people are supposed to be professional and experts.

First can we all be painent please. When you move into a new house is everything perfect straight away? It is not a road to no where , it is a road to the future. At nearly 70 I regret I am unlikely to see it full fill its true protential. It had opened up an area I suggest most of you have never seen before. It allows the new Police/ fire station to be built and access to the new doctors medical hub. New homes can be built for the people who so badly need them now and for those who will be coming into the county to new jobs at the university and at Rotherwas, that will help to build the economy of the county.

It has taken nearly twenty years to design and build and advise given from road experts from outside the county who develop roads like this nation wide. Please give it a chance to settle in, it may have taken some of you by surprise and taken longer to get to your destination, but are you sure it was the new road that held you up and not the Christmas shoppers wanting to come into town to spend their money?