FREE Christmas Parking Vouchers in Hereford

Colin James

Hereford Parking Vouchers.png

Herefordshire Council has today issued vouchers for free parking to encourage customers to visit independent businesses in Hereford this Christmas. The scheme is in partnership with the Hereford Business Improvement District (BID) team and aims to promote independent businesses during the busy Christmas period.

Cabinet Member for Transport & Regulatory Services, Cllr Barry Durkin said:

“I’m pleased to be working with the Hereford BID team. We have listened to businesses who are finding it tough in the current economic climate and would like to help encourage shoppers to shop locally this Christmas.”

The parking vouchers are available for local independent businesses to issue to customers. They can be used throughout December for 3 hours free weekend car parking at the Town Hall car park (access via East Street) and Greyfriars overflow car park (the section under the bridge) on Saturdays and Sundays. They can also be used for 2 hours free parking (Monday to Saturday) in the limited waiting bays on Castle Street. These locations are a short walk from the Independent Quarter on Church Street and the surrounding area.

Retailers who would like to receive vouchers for customers should contact the Hereford BID team on 01432 376830.

Don’t forget: Herefordshire Council car parks in Hereford city centre, including the Old Market and on-street pay & display, are free for shoppers after 4pm every Wednesday until Christmas.

And after Christmas....These Councillors don't give a toss.As long as they can make money from other peoples misery then its fine.

The council have to make revenue so if they were to reverse the parking meters your council tax would go up. If I am honest paying a pound or so to park is not really a problem for me, most cities have parking meters these days so Hereford is not alone by any means.

New parking meters should of been turned on after Christmas, so the timing was not the best however, I can now parking in Broad Street for an hour now for a £1 which is ideal for me when I need to go and get my haircut or nip into M&S. It costs much more than this to park in the OLM but that does not stop people, their car park is always busy. Vouchers are not a bad idea and shows the council are listening but it would of been much easier to have just turned the meters off like H Wilson has pointed out.

New parking meters should of been turned on after Christmas, so the timing was not the best however, I can now parking in Broad Street for an hour now for a £1 which is ideal for me when I need to go and get my haircut or nip into M&S. It costs much more than this to park in the OLM but that does not stop people, their car park is always busy. Vouchers are not a bad idea and shows the council are listening but it would of been much easier to have just turned the meters off like H Wilson has pointed out.

I can't say I disagree with you on this one.