Welcome!

Be sure to register in order to take full advantage of all of the awesome features this forum has!

Photo
- - - - -

Water flooding across Kilpeck Avenue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 megilleland

megilleland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 07 November 2017

I came out of my house yesterday at 5am to go to work and saw water cascading from the pavement next to the stores on the corner of Kilpeck Road. The day before, Welsh Water had alerted us earlier that evening, through an automated telephone call, that we would be experiencing discoloured water. 35 hours later the water is still running. Anyone know what is going on as there is no statement on the WA website? The loss of water must be fantastic and wasteful.

Edited by megilleland, 07 November 2017 .

#2 megilleland

megilleland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 07 November 2017

I have been told the leak has been running since Sunday 5pm - 48 hours ago. Welsh Water asked for the shop wall to be taken down to get to leak which the shop did immediately, but no one has shown up today to fix the leak, so it just keeps running down the drain.

#3 Paul Jones

Paul Jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 07 November 2017

I have been told the leak has been running since Sunday 5pm - 48 hours ago. Welsh Water asked for the shop wall to be taken down to get to leak which the shop did immediately, but no one has shown up today to fix the leak, so it just keeps running down the drain.

Unbelievable I wonder if their meter will tell them how much they have wasted? 

#4 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• Moderators
  • 409 posts
  • LocationSouth Side

Posted 07 November 2017

Yes it’s gushing a fair bit! I’d take a wild guess and say at least a cubic meter an hour! No one has been today.

Before you start to judge me...Step into my shoes and walk the life I'm living and if you get as far as I am...just maybe you will see how strong I really am.

#5 ragwert

ragwert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationEreford

Posted 12 November 2017

Water companies in the uk are loosing nearly 4 billion litres of water through leaks every songle day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users