Starbucks Hereford Closes Down

DILLIGAF

Costa Coffee, I the Pavilion, The Old Market, Garrick Lane - Current rateable value £71,000 and pay £34,009 you need to sell 23 cups a day at £3.00.

Starbucks, 62 Commercial Road - Current rateable value £53,000. £25,387 to pay.

A revaluation of rateable values usually takes place every five years. The last was on 1 April 2010 and was based on the valuation date of 1 April 2008. From 1 April 2017 rateable values will be based on the valuation date of 1 April 2015. You can find more information and search for a property's rateable value on the Government's business rates pages.

To calculate a business rates bill, the rateable value is multiplied by the national multiplier. This is set by central government each year. For the financial year 2017/18 it is £0.479 pence in the pound. Therefore, if your rateable value is £52,000 your business rates bill would be £24,908.

I thought this was a joke post or something, I’m shocked. I never went in there and prefer Costa anyway but always nice to have the option of going there. So now another empty building, loss of jobs and another lack of choice for Hereford. Shame. I hope they reopen as a concession somewhere.

So that's Starbucks - The Lunch Box - The Cat's Protection or RSPCA Charity shop opp the Bus Station - Elts all closed down in the last month or so.

These are just the ones I know and I do not do town!

The RSPCA Charity shop moved to Broad St , near to Ask about 4 weeks ago ........ I understand the move was due to rent increases at Commercial Rd shop .

Swings n roundabouts really.Pretty sure I saw the shop next to golden galleon having a new sign put up
Also walking past the old TSB in St Peter's Sq it looks like some kind of women's fashion shop is about to open.
The Chadds store will be retail on ground floor with residential above.
Also Mobens in Commercial St,RSPCA shop in Commercial Rd,Vintage Couture,Le Madeline in Church St & bloom in St Owens St have all been let.

• 1 month later...

The RSPCA Charity shop moved to Broad St , near to Ask about 4 weeks ago ........ I understand the move was due to rent increases at Commercial Rd shop .

Found out the owners were selling the building so they had to move at end of lease.

Building has now sold.