Welcome!

Be sure to register in order to take full advantage of all of the awesome features this forum has!

Photo
- - - - -

Housing Plans - Keepmoat Appointed As ‘Preferred Bidder’

Hereford Herefordshire Council

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Colin James

Colin James

Administrator

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts
  • LocationHereford

Posted 28 July 2017

Herefordshire Council’s ambitious plans for growth are a step closer to delivery with the appointment of Keepmoat Homes Ltd (Keepmoat) as a ‘preferred bidder’ to become the council’s partner developer at cabinet today, Thursday 27 July 2017.

Keepmoat Homes.jpg

Keepmoat, once officially appointed, will contribute to the delivery of 800 homes for Hereford city centre and to the housing targets set for the county, of which a significant number will be enabled by the Hereford Bypass.

As a partner developer, Keepmoat will use local labour and the local supply chain, creating jobs, apprenticeships, training and education opportunities in the construction industry.

Councillor Harry Bramer, cabinet member contracts and assets said:

“The appointment of Keepmoat as our preferred bidder and subsequently our partner developer means that the council retains its ability to raise capital from the council’s land holdings, whilst controlling the nature, speed and character of the county’s development.

Keepmoat will provide support for local businesses, third sector groups and the community as well as improving skills and educational attainment through training and apprenticeships. This in turn will enable the development of new economic activity to address the problem of low wages in the county.”

The council has appointed its ‘preferred bidder’ and ‘reserve bidder’ after a competitive tender process.

#2 Slim

Slim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationBobblestock

Posted 28 July 2017

The council has appointed its ‘preferred bidder’ and ‘reserve bidder’ after a competitive tender process.

More brown envelopes?

#3 herefordman75

herefordman75

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationHereford Rural South

Posted 28 July 2017

Really? After all the issues with the development at the Oval, builders not getting paid, low standards of finish etc, they are retaining them? Can't help but worry what these places will be like once the initial house builder guarantee has run out......I certainly wouldn't buy one, too many issues and hidden clauses (plus the recent developments in leasehold properties that have surfaced in the media)

#4 M. Preece

M. Preece

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 28 July 2017

Really? After all the issues with the development at the Oval, builders not getting paid, low standards of finish etc, they are retaining them? Can't help but worry what these places will be like once the initial house builder guarantee has run out......I certainly wouldn't buy one, too many issues and hidden clauses (plus the recent developments in leasehold properties that have surfaced in the media)

I understand that they have been many many problems at the Oval, the new flats on Beattie Ave have many issues already, they cannot seem to work out how to achieve level gardens either, they are all over the place, is it that difficult? 

#5 Glenda Vaughan-Powell

Glenda Vaughan-Powell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts
  • LocationHereford

Posted 29 July 2017

As people have said already, the problems at the Oval redevelopment has been continual. I heard a lot of raised voices and bad language one day at the houses that had just been built across the road from me. the workmen had come to fit the kitchens, the houses was dark inside so the workman switched on the lights only to find they would not come on, on closer inspection it was found the houses had been built and no services had been installed, no gas, electrics or water mains, they had to build a 6ft deep trench to put the services in, this was 3 weeks before the people were given their keys. In others floors were not flat, problems in the bathrooms, kitchens and the gardens. While I was the councillor I was getting calls every day from the residents with one complaint or another. Keepmoat has got a very bad reputation  in other parts of the country, and now they have got the contract for another 800 houses. I hope they have learnt from their mistakes, but I won't hold my breath on that one.

#6 ragwert

ragwert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • LocationEreford

Posted 29 July 2017

What happened when Keepmoat contractors came in to install fibre cables after homeowner had moved in

https://www.facebook...?type=2

Edited by ragwert, 29 July 2017 .

#7 Bill Thomas

Bill Thomas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationHereford

Posted 07 August 2017

I hear that the are quite a few problems at the Oval site

As people have said already, the problems at the Oval redevelopment has been continual. I heard a lot of raised voices and bad language one day at the houses that had just been built across the road from me. the workmen had come to fit the kitchens, the houses was dark inside so the workman switched on the lights only to find they would not come on, on closer inspection it was found the houses had been built and no services had been installed, no gas, electrics or water mains, they had to build a 6ft deep trench to put the services in, this was 3 weeks before the people were given their keys. In others floors were not flat, problems in the bathrooms, kitchens and the gardens. While I was the councillor I was getting calls every day from the residents with one complaint or another. Keepmoat has got a very bad reputation  in other parts of the country, and now they have got the contract for another 800 houses. I hope they have learnt from their mistakes, but I won't hold my breath on that one.

Raised voices and bad language, really Glenda? It is a building site, what do you expect? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hereford, Herefordshire Council

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users