Welcome!

Be sure to register in order to take full advantage of all of the awesome features this forum has!

Photo
- - - - -

Droning

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Clarkester

Clarkester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAn egg on a mountain top.

Posted 20 July 2017

Last night (not for the first time) I was awoken at around 00:30 by what at first sounded like a midge or other small high-pitched buzzy insect.

As I lay in bed, vaguely swiping at the possible invader to my boudoir, it dawned on me that it was not actually inside at all, but outside.  As I say, not for the first time, we had an aerial visitor flying about for a prolonged period above the area whee I live (Yazor Road area)

This is the first time I have heard it during the night, but previously I have spent about 20 minutes standing in my back garden watching the drone as it flies around, hovering for a while, then flying off a bit more and repeating.

Has anybody on here noticed anything similar in the area that they live?

I'm not sure what the point could be at that time of night - he typed, desperately trying not to be paranoid...

#2 herefordman75

herefordman75

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationHereford Rural South

Posted 20 July 2017

May be worth checking with the police to see if they were in the area last night using their new toy. If not, then it could be someone prospecting for sheds to break into. A member of the public shouldn't be using a drone in a public area without training and proper clearance (lots of regs regarding use of drones) - think it's a minimum safe distance of 50m from people and property. 

#3 Cloudberry

Cloudberry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 July 2017

Or of course it could be a Council drone? An easier way to survey for bypass routes etc.?

#4 Ubique

Ubique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • LocationWhere Right and Glory lead.

Posted 22 July 2017

From the BBC website today ...........

The UK government has announced plans to introduce drone registration and safety awareness courses for owners of the small unmanned aircraft.
It will affect anyone who owns a drone which weighs more than 250 grams (8oz).
Drone maker DJI said it was in favour of the measures.
There is no time frame or firm plans as to how the new rules will be enforced and the Department of Transport admitted that "the nuts and bolts still have to be ironed out".
The drone safety awareness test will involve potential flyers having to "prove that they understand UK safety, security and privacy regulations", it said.
The plans also include the extension of geo-fencing, in which no-fly zones are programmed into drones using GPS co-ordinates, around areas such as prisons and airports.
Sir Winston Churchill-
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life".

#5 Steve Major

Steve Major

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 22 July 2017

It might of been your local neighbourly pervert trying to catch a glimpse of you on your bed lol 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users