Police Visit

Colin James

Unbelievable! No more freedom of speech

Yesterday evening I had a knock on the door from the local police.

Two young police officers asked me to confirm my name and asked if they could come in and have a word, I said of course, so I invited them in.

They showed me a 'Tweet' that I had replied to in light of the recent London Bridge terrorists attacks and asked me if I had written it? I read it and confirmed that yes, I did indeed write those words, they then said it has been highlighted to them as the police monitor the internet and social media and although they are not investigating it, they had merely come up to give me some advice.

I was in total and utter disbelief, I asked them if they were serious? to which they replied yes, they could not comment themselves but were instructed to pay me a visit. I asked them what advice would they like to offer me, they looked slightly puzzled, again, I said what advice are your offering me, the one girl said you just have to be careful what you write online because the police monitor the internet and social media. I asked them if I had broken the law? They said well, it’s a bit of a grey area and we have just come up to advise you.

They never really advised me of anything, it was more of a tick box exercise and although these two girls were very professional and polite, I am in total shock and disbelief. I told them that a complaint was made some time ago about a car that had its windows smashed in and also that a prowler was seen climbing the hotel fence opposite and the police never responded, due to lack of resources however, I now find you two police offers in my house over what I wrote online!

Now, find attached a screen shot of my actual Tweet, make up your own minds however, I will be making an official organisational complaint.
I am not complaining at all, in any way, shape or form about the two police officers, it is more about West Mercia Police using public resources on this when in my opinion it should be utilised to the maximum in catching the remaining 23,000 other nutters waiting to murder some other innocent person.

Tweet.jpg

Colin , the way legislation is written they can soon work out a possible offence if they want to . I suppose ( but what do I know ?) that they think that your comments might stir up racial hatred / tension .

Going on from that I can understand your flustration with WMP when nobody attended those two examples of incidences which apparently the Police should attend but send two Officers to your home , perhaps one of them was learning the job .

I am afraid everyone will be a suspect if the Conservatives win with a majority tomorrow. The country is slowly being turned into a dictatorship and police state - common sense has gone out of the window - only acting on orders (viz; they could not comment themselves but were instructed to pay me (Colin) a visit.  What happened to neighbourhood watch?

Colin , the way legislation is written they can soon work out a possible offence if they want to . I suppose ( but what do I know ?) that they think that your comments might stir up racial hatred / tension .

Going on from that I can understand your flustration with WMP when nobody attended those two examples of incidences which apparently the Police should attend but send two Officers to your home , perhaps one of them was learning the job .

Hatred /tension to whom? 

I am afraid everyone will be a suspect if the Conservatives win with a majority tomorrow. The country is slowly being turned into a dictatorship and police state - common sense has gone out of the window - only acting on orders (viz; they could not comment themselves but were instructed to pay me (Colin) a visit.  What happened to neighbourhood watch?

Oh please don't turn this into a political post because you are anti conservative, this discussion is about what Colin tweeted and personally, I think sending the police out to his home is disgusting, not sure what he wrote has anything wrong with it tbh

I'm not shocked because freedom as we know it is at a end although we in the west are constantly being told that we are the free world so we must not let those who wish to destroy democracy & freedom prevail!…but what happens when it is your own elected representatives who are doing this?

So the truth is we are not free not truly free but the little freedom we do enjoy today will be gone in 5years all done with your willingness & consent because you believe in the lies our masters are peddling us!

Western values are no different to any other ideology…the sole objective is the control of & subjugation of the masses. in the end it's just the conditioning radicalization which is different it's slower but you you can be sure you are being groomed,conditioned,watched,monitored radicalized so as to become hysterical enough to just handover your freedom freely!

Oh please don't turn this into a political post because you are anti conservative, this discussion is about what Colin tweeted and personally, I think sending the police out to his home is disgusting, not sure what he wrote has anything wrong with it tbh

I would have voted Conservative if I felt that they would get us out of the clutches of the EU administration, but I believe we will still be managed from Brussels, albeit in a different form.

Steve says, 'what a joke'. And he's right. In a world of normality where once rational thinking and common sense held sway, none of this would ever have happened and you could say with certainty it was a joke. But it's no joke. It's real and it's got a stranglehold on all our lives.

These are not normal times and rational thinking and common sense have been replaced by an ideology of political correctness that's slavishly followed by all those who rise to the top and lead our public services. And, like all who get to the top of the pile they surround themselves with like minded souls that follow this rigid inflexible dogmatic ideology no matter how damaging its all become to our entire society and consequently the madness is perpetuated by generation after generation of those who seek out difference and the chance to demonstrate just how committed they are to embrace diversity and defend it whenever they can even if it doesn't need to be defended. It's madness!

To'ther day I sat and watched the new Commissioner, Cressida Dick on tv who's entire career has been built upon political correctness and the celebration of difference and diversity in a world where sexuality, ethnicity and religious beliefs are placed up and above anything and anyone who is just a typical person living their lives in Britain. To these people, the more different and diverse you are the better it is. Quite simply, they're obsessed with nothing else.

When accepting the role of Commisioner, Miss Dick said, 'I look forward to leading the women and men of the Metropolitan Police', which gives one a fair indication that getting her to acknowledge the link between radical parts of Islam and it's slaughter which both she, the London Mayor and all the rest desperately try to never mention when addressing anything to do with terrorism, you get the feeling that alls lost, we've passed a tipping point and surrendered ourselves to legislation that says, 'if you say something and someone you've never met either reads or hears your view and they are offended, then you are in breach of the law and pretty well

buggered.

People, most people, simply want to lead their lives, be treated fairly, not be singled out and not be judged and pigeon holed by their sex, their sexuality, their ethnicity or their religious beliefs. And yet, despite this, legions of people who lead and command spend all their time worrying about a silly quip relating to a pig rather than ever addressing the great words of warning authored by Sir Trevor Phillips who essentially has come to the conclusion, albeit very late in the day, that despite our best efforts the great social engineering multicultural diversity experiment has failed.

I'm afraid Cambo is right Colin ....and before anyone flips this as a political barb well it's not. We are about to enter a period of time where a certain amount of our freedoms will be lost, privacy not so private and democracy questioned because in order to fight extremists we have to move to their method of play. The extremists have given our political masters a green light to implement their own rule of law or perhaps adjust the law to suit.

Before anyone says ...Well if your not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about well think again...think of Colin,s experience.

If we continue on this path where ideology forces us away from democracy and diplomacy then we are destined for failure and our western values will be no different to anywhere else ...just dressed differently.

I really hope that you complain Colin, what an utter waste of tax payers money, the police should be concentrating their monitoring efforts on the extremists rather than innocent people who are simply reacting to a terrible murdering spree on London bridge. 

Careful what you put on Facebook

The Guardian 9th May 2017

A Thai man has been jailed for 35 years for Facebook posts deemed insulting to the royal family, a watchdog said, in one of the harshest sentences handed down for a crime that insulates Thailand’s ultra-rich monarchy from criticism.

A Bangkok military court convicted him of 10 counts of lese-majesty for posting photos and videos of the royal family on a Facebook account that purported to belong to a different user.

Wichai, 34, whose last name was withheld to protect his relatives from ostracism, was accused of using the account to slander a former friend, said iLaw, a group that tracks royal defamation cases.

“The court punished him with seven years per count. Altogether he was given 70 years, but it was reduced in half because he confessed,†said Yingcheep Atchanont from iLaw.

Lese-majesty cases are routinely shrouded in secrecy, with media forced to heavily self-censor the details to avoid violating the broadly interpreted law.

Reporters were barred from entering the military court where Wichai’s verdict was read.

Later on Friday, a criminal court sentenced another lese-majesty suspect to two and a half years in jail for uploading an audio clip from an underground political radio show that was deemed insulting to the monarchy.

Looks like you were lucky Colin.