Another Attack In London

Colin James

6 dead so far and 30 injured. 3 terrorists shot dead by police.

London Attack.png

Another attack! Do not let them tell you we stand united. Do not let them tell you we carry on as normal. Sorry but this is getting stupid, time to arm all our police, I cannot find an argument for not doing this to protect not only themselves but the British public.

How long will it be before the general public start arming themselves?

Full details here

6 dead so far and 30 injured. 3 terrorists shot dead by police.

attachicon.gifLondon Attack.png

Another attack! Do not let them tell you we stand united. Do not let them tell you we carry on as normal. Sorry but this is getting stupid, time to arm all our police, I cannot find an argument for not doing this to protect not only themselves but the British public.

How long will it be before the general public start arming themselves?

Full details here

And that will stop all terrorist attacks & All terrorist bombers?

All French police are armed,never stopped the countless killings there.

And that will stop all terrorist attacks & All terrorist bombers?

All French police are armed,never stopped the countless killings there.

Of course it won't! 

The law says we have to wear seat belts in cars but it does not stop accidents or people being killed does it? But it reduces the chances massively!  

I still cannot agree to arming all of our Police for numerous reasons. We need a swift response and internment is looking increasingly attractive - round up the 3000 known suspects and lock them up - build a camp on Dartmoor, nothing fancy just barbed wire and containers. We simply can't go on with the softly, softly approach - we see it time and again being abused. Look at the raids on the Jalsagor - illegals are simply told to make their own way to detention centres - as if that's going to happen! We also need to bring back those 20,000 police that we have lost and just get tough on who we let into the UK, even if they have a UK passport and just happen to be returning from Libya ...

I will not agree to arming ALL Police Officers in the UK - my reasoning is based on the " Troubles " in Northern Ireland plus other thoughts and experiences .

You will know that every Police Officer in the Provence is armed plus of course all the members of the Armed Forces are armed . But nearly 1000 members of the Armed Forces were killed during the " Troubles " .

To my mind it would be a very dangerous decision , going on from that the Officers that shot and killed the apparent terrorists are now probably suspended from duty and being investigated by a person who had never had a gun in their hand or been in a position when they have had to make a life / death decision within a split second.. ( IPCC )

It's apparent that nobody will convince me that all Officers should be armed .

I do have the greatest respect for the Emergency Services , Police , Fire and Ambulance plus others who run, drive etc towards the incident whilst others ( quite rightly ) are moving away from the incident.

I will not agree to arming ALL Police Officers in the UK - my reasoning is based on the " Troubles " in Northern Ireland plus other thoughts and experiences .

You will know that every Police Officer in the Provence is armed plus of course all the members of the Armed Forces are armed . But nearly 1000 members of the Armed Forces were killed during the " Troubles " .

To my mind it would be a very dangerous decision , going on from that the Officers that shot and killed the apparent terrorists are now probably suspended from duty and being investigated by a person who had never had a gun in their hand or been in a position when they have had to make a life / death decision within a split second.. ( IPCC )

I do have the greatest respect for the Emergency Services , Police , Fire and Ambulance plus others who run, drive etc towards the incident whilst others ( quite rightly ) are moving away from the incident.

I'm with you on this ubique I do not want to see all police armed as I do not think it will make any difference in these sorts of attacks.

I only hope that you are never faced with this type of extremist and the local bobby is there with his/her taser and truncheon to protect you. Wakey wakey!

We'll do what we're now conditioned to do. We'll hold hands during a candlelit vigil, wear a black arm band before kick off, provide a well observed minutes silence or a round of applause to remember the poor souls torn to shreds by bomb or blade, we'll tune in and listen to our political leaders and our increasingly dependent need to hear what our celebrities think who tell us all that none of all this will divide us and our cultural way of life and on and on it goes.

Course it's all a load of boll.ocks! Every single time it happens the gap grows wider. Our difference become magnified and another thousand non Muslims grow to hate Islam and another thousand followers of Islam grow to fear what the non Muslims are thinking about them after another murderous head case has left this mortal coil in pursuit of life in the hereafter after slaughtering a bunch of innocents who followed the advice of their leaders who said, 'they won't divide us'.

There's no such thing as shared values, no 'we are in this together' and no real evidence to suggest that our national political ruling elite are any less stupid than the local wretched gathering of fools who gather together at the Shirehall Council meetings and lead locally. Quite simply, not one of them has a clue what to do and fool you for thinking otherwise.

If you follow the logic behind the political statements, the mood of the country and the drip drip media releases that relate to anyone Muslim as someone somehow being blind to the madness of the Islamic extremism that's now got a foothold in our once good multicultural society, then we are now a short hop and step away from building our first purpose built, brand new and wonderfully equipped Internment Camp that G4 bloody S will run for us at only a fraction of the cost of Guantanamo Bay.

It's truly desperately sad and unless there's a huge step change in our sovereign ability to return violence with extreme violence and make them frightened of the consequences of their murderous actions, such as those that frightened the IRA from ever targeting Bradbury Lines all those years ago, then nothing but nothing is going to halt our slide toward a less free and libertarian state.

I'm with you on this ubique I do not want to see all police armed as I do not think it will make any difference in these sorts of attacks.

Try telling that to the copper's family who was murdered outside Parliament last month and to the copper that was attacked last night.

We'll do what we're now conditioned to do. We'll hold hands during a candlelit vigil, wear a black arm band before kick off, provide a well observed minutes silence or a round of applause to remember the poor souls torn to shreds by bomb or blade, we'll tune in and listen to our political leaders and our increasingly dependent need to hear what our celebrities think who tell us all that none of all this will divide us and our cultural way of life and on and on it goes.

Course it's all a load of boll.ocks! Every single time it happens the gap grows wider. Our difference become magnified and another thousand non Muslims grow to hate Islam and another thousand followers of Islam grow to fear what the non Muslims are thinking about them after another murderous head case has left this mortal coil in pursuit of life in the hereafter after slaughtering a bunch of innocents who followed the advice of their leaders who said, 'they won't divide us'.

There's no such thing as shared values, no 'we are in this together' and no real evidence to suggest that our national political ruling elite are any less stupid than the local wretched gathering of fools who gather together at the Shirehall Council meetings and lead locally. Quite simply, not one of them has a clue what to do and fool you for thinking otherwise.

If you follow the logic behind the political statements, the mood of the country and the drip drip media releases that relate to anyone Muslim as someone somehow being blind to the madness of the Islamic extremism that's now got a foothold in our once good multicultural society, then we are now a short hop and step away from building our first purpose built, brand new and wonderfully equipped Internment Camp that G4 bloody S will run for us at only a fraction of the cost of Guantanamo Bay.

It's truly desperately sad and unless there's a huge step change in our sovereign ability to return violence with extreme violence and make them frightened of the consequences of their murderous actions, such as those that frightened the IRA from ever targeting Bradbury Lines all those years ago, then nothing but nothing is going to halt our slide toward a less free and libertarian state.

Spot on Bobby! Personally, I think we should bury the 3 terrorists shot dead with pigs! Smearing pigs blood all over them! That might make them think twice.

There should also be a 'Shoot To Kill' policy. 

Of course it won't! 

The law says we have to wear seat belts in cars but it does not stop accidents or people being killed does it? But it reduces the chances massively!  

I agree, time to change tactics. 

Time to arm all police and if they don't like it then they should look for a different career, the world has changed and we as a nation need to change with it

For a very long time we have resisted the temptation to arm all our police when most western countries have succumbed. I have never been for it but times are changing sadly. The response time for the armed police response in London was incredible however terrorism is like a virus and adapts to its changing environment so an obvious reaction by said killer virus is to choose a place where armed police are lower in number perhaps scattered singularly over a county. No planning ...just a few individuals, kitchen knives and an old Ford transit is all it takes.

It's very effective and small multiple stab wounds are difficult to treat and often go hidden or missed.

I'm not for it but it's a sad progression of where we are headed, perhaps it might make kids seriously think twice about carrying blades particularly if we get close to the point where you shoot first and ask questions later.

Colin James said "I think we should bury the 3 terrorists shot dead with pigs! Smearing pigs blood all over them! That might make them think twice."

Pigs are too good for that I suggest incinerator and their ashes chucked into the nearest sewer you can chuck a bit of pigs blood around as well if you so wish 

I only hope that you are never faced with this type of extremist and the local bobby is there with his/her taser and truncheon to protect you. Wakey wakey!

Missing the point ,there are a lot of police that quite simply DO NOT want to carry guns.

Colin you posted " There should also be a 'Shoot To Kill' policy. "

Of course there is a shoot to kill policy , no Police Firearms Officer or member of the Armed Forces are going to try and wound the aggressor - the policy is to shoot to kill , a wounded person with a gun is still very much a threat

Try telling that to the copper's family who was murdered outside Parliament last month and to the copper that was attacked last night.

I'm sorry but as a policeman he would have know the risks it's unfortunate that he lost his life but I don't believe arming all of our police will solve the problem as those committing these acts of terrorism don't care if they die also their main targets are civilians not so much the police or military.

I'm sorry but as a policeman he would have know the risks it's unfortunate that he lost his life but I don't believe arming all of our police will solve the problem as those committing these acts of terrorism don't care if they die also their main targets are civilians not so much the police or military.

True Cambo however it was only a bullet from a Police firearm that stopped these people and in doing so prevented perhaps many dozens of innocents losing their lives as was the case in the first instance. There is no rulebook anymore...sorry.

If we Brexit may be we should reintroduce visas for those wishing to travel to the UK. I remember as an exchange student in 1974 I had to visit the US embassy in Grosvenor Square to get a work permit to allow me to cook fudge in Atlantic City.

At the moment we have no idea of who is in the country ie suspected terrorists and EU citizens and what they are doing. EU citizens arrive under the freedom of movement. No record of who comes and who goes.

The main reasons states impose visa restrictions on foreign nationals are to curb illegal immigration, security concerns, and reciprocity for visa restrictions imposed on their own nationals. Typically, nations impose visa restrictions on citizens of poorer countries, along with politically unstable and undemocratic ones, as it is likelier that people from these countries will seek to illegally immigrate. Visa restrictions may also be imposed when nationals of another country are perceived as likelier to be terrorists or criminals, or by autocratic regimes that perceive foreign influence to be a threat to their rule.[26][27]

According to Professor Eric Neumayer of the London School of Economics:

"The poorer, the less democratic and the more exposed to armed political conflict the target country is, the more likely that visa restrictions are in place against its passport holders. The same is true for countries whose nationals have been major perpetrators of terrorist acts in the past".[26]

As some of our political parties continually pursue the open door policy there can only be further trouble ahead. When is the next census due?

Missing the point ,there are a lot of police that quite simply DO NOT want to carry guns.

Then I am afraid those should be sat behind a desk. 

Times have changed and we need to change, as a tax payer the police are there to serve and protect the public, they cannot do this with their hands tied behind their backs or simply with a truncheon. 

How can a young police officer faced with some nutter with a gun supposed to defend themselves and the public? Oh yeah, ask the terrorists to hang on for 15 mins while they wait for the armed unit to arrive.

Then I am afraid those should be sat behind a desk. 

Times have changed and we need to change, as a tax payer the police are there to serve and protect the public, they cannot do this with their hands tied behind their backs or simply with a truncheon. 

How can a young police officer faced with some nutter with a gun supposed to defend themselves and the public? Oh yeah, ask the terrorists to hang on for 15 mins while they wait for the armed unit to arrive.

Police throughout other Europeans countries carry guns and if they are not happy carrying guns maybe they are in the wrong job. Personally, I do not feel safe here anymore and I dread to think how people caught up in these attacks feel when an unarmed copper turns up to protect them, time to wake up people! It is now time to train and arm all police officers in the UK.

Of course it won't! 

Exactly.

I was never in favour of arming our police but I agree with Colin, times have changed for the worst and we are now facing people who are happy to die for three cause by killing as many innocent people as possible, taser guns and batons are not up to the job anymore, unfortunately, it is now time for every police officer to be armed in my view.

Try telling that to the victims and their families.

Why have you spoken with them & thats what they want all police to have firearms?

Even if members of my family or friends had been killed or injured I still would not want all the police to have guns that' was my opinion before this attack & it has not changed.

What I find interesting is during these elections we have had 2 attacks yet in France they had none during there elections? it would also appear that these attackers were known to our police beforehand?!

Why have you spoken with them & thats what they want all police to have firearms?

Even if members of my family or friends had been killed or injured I still would not want all the police to have guns that' was my opinion before this attack & it has not changed.

What I find interesting is during these elections we have had 2 attacks yet in France they had none during there elections? it would also appear that these attackers were known to our police beforehand?!

Of course they were known to police, it is always the way, they should have the powers to arrest ANYONE with extreme views on their phones or computers and treat them the same a pedophiles because they are both SCUM.