Hereford Sony Centre To Close

Colin James

I heard today the the Hereford Sony Centre (Hutchinsons) is closing?

If this is true it is very sad to hear about the Sony Centre however, I must say that they close on Sundays and every bank holiday (which is fine but not when your clearly struggling) I was only in there last week and I walked in at 5.15 and the first thing the guy said to me was we close in 15 minutes mate and the previous 4 times I have been in the shop nobody could be bothered to serve me, so if this is the way they do business, I can't say I am surprised they are closing...

I heard today the the Hereford Sony Centre (Hutchinsons) is closing?

If this is true it is very sad to hear about the Sony Centre however, I must say that they close on Sundays and every bank holiday (which is fine but not when your clearly struggling) I was only in there last week and I walked in at 5.15 and the first thing the guy said to me was we close in 15 minutes mate and the previous 4 times I have been in the shop nobody could be bothered to serve me, so if this is the way they do business, I can't say I am surprised they are closing...

Yes, most business's of this nature in the city centre are open Sundays. You have to keep up with the competition if you want to survive.

It is a shame to see another business close but I tend to agree with the comments above. I have probably been in this store twice in the last 2-3 years and I remember thinking that the staff could not be bothered. We usually walk into town on a Sunday if the weather is dry and walk over the old bridge along King St and then along Broad St and recall discussing with other half about being surprised at this hi tech shop being closed on a Sunday, when most others are open. 

I bought my last tv in there - the guy I dealt with was helpful, very knowledgable and not pushy at all. I was able to double park for 5 minutes to pick it up later in the day. Went in recently, thinking about a replacement, saw the same guy and had the same service. i didn't buy at the time but would have gone back at some point. I buy most things online, but I think tv's are one of those where you need to see the screen in action (and not the 'display' screens they have in the darkened retail sheds either). I'll probably use John Lewis now.